Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I'm sorry, but "ends justify the means" does not fly. You're akin to painting the genocide of the night elves as a good thing because "it was for the good of the Horde" and it "worked out in the end", the 'end' being Sylvanas' goals.
    Anduin thinks it was fine, who are you to doubt him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    And if the mind control was not permanent, then what happened to those two? Arrested for life, or banished? And now we're thrown back at the original issue: why did Lor'themar simply did not banish those two? He had "no problem" banishing a whole contingent of his own people, what different would two more elves do?
    The problem was they were currently in front of an audience shouting at the top of their lungs, dragging them of the stage would have made them martyrs, chances are no one would believe them afterwards, due to their flip flopping of opinion, thus destroying their credibility, these two are most likely lost causes and irrelevant, the threat of possible unrest, especially back then with the scourge at their throats and their defenses spread to the utmost limit, simply wasn't an option.

I'm sorry, but "ends justify the means" does not fly. You're akin to painting the genocide of the night elves as a good thing because "it was for the good of the Horde" and it "worked out in the end", the 'end' being Sylvanas' goals.
    Of course it does, we use it all the time in the game on behalf of justice etc., while slaughtering unborn, sacking npc cities etc. it is only bad when it does not fit the current narrative of blizz. Sylvanas was wrong because she was on the wrong side of the narrative, a cautious tale, that ultimately means nothing, since blizz has absolutely no coherent moral compass in their game, as much as they like to pretend otherwise, take the Kul'tirans that drove off the troggs from their homes to build an estate for example, narratively speaking they were the good guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Anduin thinks it was fine, who are you to doubt him.
    This too, Anduin is supposed to be a moral compass of moral integrity, yet he too has no problems with mind controlling people, if they inconvenience him.

So when is mind control good and when is it bad? The answer nobody knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The problem was they were currently in front of an audience shouting at the top of their lungs, dragging them of the stage would have made them martyrs, chances are no one would believe them afterwards, due to their flip flopping of opinion, thus destroying their credibility, these two are most likely lost causes and irrelevant, the threat of possible unrest, especially back then with the scourge at their throats and their defenses spread to the utmost limit, simply wasn't an option.
    Do you really think the blood elves to be idiots, stupid, low-IQ, to not notice the two priests that just happened to be teleported in by magisters, witness the two protesters' opinions doing such a one-eighty turn so suddenly it should've given them whiplash... and NOT think of it as suspicious?

I mean, the two protesters' grievances were pretty consistent, and then their opinions become completely different the moment two priests show up through a portal. Anyone with two brain cells to rub together, witnessing that, would realize foul play.

Of course it does,
    It does not. It never did, it never will. Especially when it negatively impacts one's life so heavily.

So when is mind control good and when is it bad? The answer nobody knows.
    It's never good, but Anduin is never wrong due to Golden pushing feminist claptrap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Mostly because you cannot use something to another. You can use something ON something but not TO something else.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-03-12 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

I doubt those dissenters at the bazaar were completely rewritten so much as temporarily MC'd to stop them from agitating the crowd.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    Vereesa and company are the only active military organisation after what happened in Dalaran the whole 100+ elves are most likely not welcome and on kill/arrest lists. Most of the NPCs scattered around the world that still call themselves high elves are just normal people working their normal jobs doing normal things.

Yvera Dawnwing is just some random new NPC her name also sounds like a dragon. Kind of wonder if its just Blizzard trolling the pro High Elves for Alliance groups.

If the Bloodelves were still there more brutal BC versions. What happened in Dalaran I could see them just issuing Deport orders on all remaining High Elves to Silvermoon. Kill/Ban orders on all Void elves due to how they react with the sunwell. With all the changes they went through the are pretty much good now and couldn't see them doing anything like that.
    I was thinking that none of those would have happened if they did it before or just before.

I mean, if Rommath also brought in his priests to subvert the Silver Covenant aggressors, the casualties would plummet. This is way less evil than the High Elves murdering the Blood Elves out of nowhere
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    According to the UVG, the high elves in the Alliance today cut their ties with Quel'Thalas after the Second War, when Anasterian told the Alliance to go fuck itself. This topic is a moot point for them, as they wouldn't have been present through any of this.
    Bump, since 90% of the killed High Elves only pertained to those in Quel'thalas, and 90% of the survivors became Blood Elves (or 99% of the original population), wouldn't the 1% be the post-Classic Alliance High Elves? Add them with those at Quel'lithien/Quel'danil/Kalimdor/Dalaran at the time and it's a sizeable amount to be trouble for the Blood Elves

but yeah I guess the thread should be considered answered now

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    Yvera Dawnwing is just some random new NPC her name also sounds like a dragon. Kind of wonder if its just Blizzard trolling the pro High Elves for Alliance groups.
    Not just Yvera but the other 7th Legion High Elves maintaining the Airship (though they probably didn't want to face the Blood Elves directly compared to their bloodthirsty nature during the Purge of Dalaran)
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    after the battle of Andorhal
    I think he was just imprisoned and she was "Working on him" [giggity]. But we dont know what that means, torture, mindcontrol. It sounds like she implies it when she drags him away but thats all we got.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Did this happen in BC? Because if so that time in WoW is like the wild west and I don't know how much stock you can put in what happened during.
    Nada, Cataclysm. World revamp changed Andorhal.

Edit:
    Honestly? Teldrassil and night elves in this thread? Why? Does every single thread need that disucssion?
    Last edited by Minikin; 2020-03-17 at 06:52 PM.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    I think he was just imprisoned and she was "Working on him" [giggity]. But we dont know what that means, torture, mindcontrol. It sounds like she implies it when she drags him away but thats all we got.
    Why did she even bother, he kinda sucks. Just execute him on the spot. Bonus points for pissing off his boyfriend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why did she even bother, he kinda sucks. Just execute him on the spot. Bonus points for pissing off his boyfriend.
    They had to ease her into the meticulous scheming angry evil villain. Cant go 0 to 100kph in the 3rd expac. Need to sell it to people!
    Step 1: I hate Arthas
    Step 2: ........
    Step 3: I am going to bbq all of you suckers in that hippie tree and theres nothing you can do about it!!!

[because for the success of the story narrative! /s]
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

They had to ease her into the meticulous scheming angry evil villain. Cant go 0 to 100kph in the 3rd expac. Need to sell it to people!
    Step 1: I hate Arthas
    Step 2: ........
    Step 3: I am going to bbq all of you suckers in that hippie tree and theres nothing you can do about it!!!

[because for the success of the story narrative! /s]
    Thats the thing, executing him would be lesser evil. Its like Lich King employing slaves for some fucking reason. Why are there slaves in Pit of Saron for fucks sake, they are extremely inefficient when compared to average zombie. Just evil for the sake of evil.

Fully supporting the war until after Nazjatar
    That was the right thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly? Teldrassil and night elves in this thread? Why? Does every single thread need that disucssion?
    It always starts with Alliance player mentioning Sylvanas.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats the thing, executing him would be lesser evil. Its like Lich King employing slaves for some fucking reason. Why are there slaves in Pit of Saron for fucks sake, they are extremely inefficient when compared to average zombie. Just evil for the sake of evil.
    Dude i havent been able to follow the 4d chess sylvanas is playing since her short story when she jumped off of icecrown.

One day shes saving her race,
    the next day they are arrows in the quiver,
    next day she values freedom of thought, the next week shes setup to mindcontrol and execute people who have different hobbies than her,
    then she feels bad about leaving varian behind,
    but after that she is said to be in league with a guy who wants to consume everyones soul so he can power himself and her,
    then she wants to save the horde, but then sets them on a warpath with their souls also feeding her.

Koltira didnt stand a chance either way. The vortex of changing storylines hit the guy so hard they had to make a new legendary in his name just to commemorate him escape being able to form cohesive sentences.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Koltira%27s_Newfound_Will and sell it as a different battle because even he is confused which direction the punch came from.

Dude i havent been able to follow the 4d chess sylvanas is playing since her short story when she jumped off of icecrown.

One day shes saving her race,
    the next day they are arrows in the quiver,
    next day she values freedom of thought, the next week shes setup to mindcontrol and execute people who have different hobbies than her,
    then she feels bad about leaving varian behind,
    but after that she is said to be in league with a guy who wants to consume everyones soul so he can power himself and her,
    then she wants to save the horde, but then sets them on a warpath with their souls also feeding her.

Koltira didnt stand a chance either way. The vortex of changing storylines hit the guy so hard they had to make a new legendary in his name just to commemorate him escape being able to form cohesive sentences.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Koltira%27s_Newfound_Will and sell it as a different battle because even he is confused which direction the punch came from.
    Even the description is lying, he didnt choose his people, he was CONVINCED to join his people. He wanted to follow his boyfriend at first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even the description is lying, he didnt choose his people, he was CONVINCED to join his people. He wanted to follow his boyfriend at first.
    RIGHT?! i got it on my deathknight and had to do a double take. So either:
    Option A: All this misdirection is getting tedious. Lets just reinforce this train of thought....oh wait another avenue we can explore! Maybe this one will stick....
    Option B: Anduins ability is to present the world on the same path as him. What do we give sylvanas? Oh yea...anything that comes in contact with her becomes a magic 8 ball.

I would be totally fine with any of the thousand of scenarios for his story. I just wish theyd PICK ONE and stick with it.

3+ Year Old Account
    wow even High Elf males want human dixx

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    wow even High Elf males want human dixx
    You can never have too much Human Potential™, I guess...
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.