Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Does your main have other roles, that you don't play and thus don't have the essences for? The Mechagon and Nazjatar essences only require 1 of the three possible essences to unlock all three for currency, so it may be giving you currency for that.
    Ah okay, yeah I'm a druid and pretty sure I won't have them for feral.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    I can’t fathom introducing a system where you have to log into your main to ‘prime the system’. Why did you have to blur the lines, how was this at all necessary? I cannot imagine a scenario where any reason could possibly make more sense than just adding the currency into the game and allowing it to drop on all characters.

Wtf Blizzard?
    Cause you have to log onto the charecter to add them to the pool of "You have these" seriously are you complaining about having to spend 5 seconds to log onto your main?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by monkaTOS View Post
    It's very easy to "fathom" someone writing a "if char_inventory == r3_essence_check()" but forgetting to include it in a loop that goes through all characters on the account :-) It's not beyond fathom.

It's pretty lulzy, especially when it goes through QA and is deployed in production, but hey, this kind of stupid shit actually happens in "serious production systems" and we're talking about a 15 year old videogame spaghetti-code incident here.

(actually it wouldn't surprise me at all if that kind of iteration was actually "impossible" to do with character loot events)
    except that code wont have that information... till you log onto the charecter that has that....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Minervablue View Post
    Honest question tho.

If i have a rank 3 on one toon, then another rank 3 on another toon, if i want to make those 2 available for a third toon that is now my main, should i log the first 2 toons then my new main?

i dont mind spending 5 seconds on each toon *sigh milenials*, i just have a decent and honest doubt lol
    Yes, same way transmog, toys, mounts, tabards, heirlooms, reps, and acheivements work.

When you have it on one toon and it becomes account wide, you need to log onto that toon after the patch, to share it with your others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    You seriously can't understand the downside for some players gaining a currency they cannot ever possibly use? You don't see how that would be a bad experience for them?

If you're going to "hurrr derrrr Blizzard so stoopid!" at least put some thought into more than just your super narrow perspective. Good chances are that you lost a total of like 80 echos from opening up your +4 cache, it will be ok, you'll recover.
    If you have all rank 3 essences you cant earn the currency... and any you have is gone.
    simple as that, how is this like ya know, news?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    All you have to do is two fold:

1. Log into the toon with the rank 3 or higher essence
    2. Not whine on a forum about a 2 minute task.
    OOOOOR
    Like every patch where a new "account wide" thing is added, just log into every single toon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

I can’t fathom introducing a system where you have to log into your main to ‘prime the system’. Why did you have to blur the lines, how was this at all necessary? I cannot imagine a scenario where any reason could possibly make more sense than just adding the currency into the game and allowing it to drop on all characters.

Wtf Blizzard?
    So this is the type of people that play retail nowadays?.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Nothing in your word salad explains why you feel entitled to gear that you didn't actually earn.

- - - Updated - - -

Because you didn't earn it. I guess youngsters feel that when someone disagrees with them they automatically turn to "yOu DoNT hAvE a RaTiOnAl aRgUmEnT". I wish I could say that I am surprised.

I rerolled a new main and it doesn't have the R3 esscences. I still think this esscence giveaway is wrong but I am an adult. I will deal with it.
    Listen, other than admitting to being abused to the point where you've conditioned yourself to "take it", you didn't convince me of anything other than you has a huge bias against anyone who is critical of WoW. I like the game too, but when I see a flaw, I'm not going to stick my nose a mile deep up blizzards butt and pretend it's not there.

You honestly don't have a rational argument to begin with. First off, we're not talking about "gear" we're talking about some shitty system that no one will remember when shadowlands hit. A shitty system that was only implemented to prevent another shitty system (azerite traits) from completely drowning. Shame on me though, I assumed you were capable of making a point, guess not.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Wtf Blizzard?
    I mean logically it makes sense. This is how it has always been done in WoW. You have to log on to the toon who has the item to activate it to the account.

This was the case for transmog, reputations, etc. Why would anyone think this is different? Oh right, it's easier to just complain about things than to look at the precedents for implementing BoA systems.

Quote Originally Posted by monkaTOS View Post
    It's very easy to "fathom" someone writing a "if char_inventory == r3_essence_check()" but forgetting to include it in a loop that goes through all characters on the account :-) It's not beyond fathom.

It's pretty lulzy, especially when it goes through QA and is deployed in production, but hey, this kind of stupid shit actually happens in "serious production systems" and we're talking about a 15 year old videogame spaghetti-code incident here.

(actually it wouldn't surprise me at all if that kind of iteration was actually "impossible" to do with character loot events)
    It is always easy on this side of the table.

We have no idea how the data is arranged. No idea how their code works or how much data is available and how they all linked to together.

It is always easy to criticize something without actually being involved in it.

I wish they would have made them account bound so you could get them on your main then mail em to an alt cause atm the echoes are worthless for your main.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalerEU View Post
    So this is the type of people that play retail nowadays?.
    Not really, despite what you see on the forums, those types of people are actually more rare than big love rocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Bocek View Post
    The odd thing is I logged on my main first thing today to open my m+ chest and boom 300 Echos which seems to go aginst what should happen ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

My main is the only character with rank 3 essences.
    I struggle to give a argument why main even NEED that currency. Is he going to buy essences he already have? :P

System, as any since legion, is not really thinked through...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocek View Post
    The odd thing is I logged on my main first thing today to open my m+ chest and boom 300 Echos which seems to go aginst what should happen ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

My main is the only character with rank 3 essences.
    I'm not going to say you're lying, but I will say that I don't believe you. If what you're saying really happened, it was most likely a bug.

I, for one, got no echoes at all on my main, from M+ chest or Assaults, while my alts got their echoes from assaults and M+ chest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    I struggle to give a argument why main even NEED that currency. Is he going to buy essences he already have? :P
    The fact it's a bug didn't even cross your mind?

System, as any since legion, is not really thinked through...
    Irony at its best.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Let me tell you guys a secret. Running complex queries on enormous databases is both taxing on the whole system and takes a ton of time. And going through all max level chars on each account and pulling info on all unlocked essences, and then compiling a list of level 3+ that were unlocked certainly qualifies for a complex query.

So instead of having a day long maintenance or having you bitch about lag ingame, they do it the "on demand" way. And it's not like echoes have a finite amount you can earn per week. Not to mention that if you haven't unlocked your essences on alts by now, you either just got to the cap or never really cared to begin with. So you can get over yourself and wait an extra week and/or put in some effort this week.

Wtf Blizzard?
    You are either:

A) A troll

B) Someone who has no idea how coding works.

Please abstain from making pointless posts like this in the future.

This is how things are, it isn't unreasonable.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    See, you can't even provide a rational argument. Your response is more along the lines of "boo hoo, deal with it". If you genuinely believe blizzard can do no wrong, then you're more than entitled to believe that, but just so we're both on the same page, you're not putting up much of an argument as to why they shouldn't be account wide.
    There's a difference between "I think Blizzard can do no wrong" and "I think Blizzard did no wrong here." Problem is haters can't think rationally and immediately lump everyone who disagrees with their dislike in the former group.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Another day goes by another day this sub human mongrel that can't read

So many people not understanding the actual problem with the new system.

Anyone who logged into an "alt" first and opened something like a weekly chest or did a HV didn't get any Echos.
    They now have missed out on those sources of Echos permanently because the currency acquisition has to be unlocked on your account by a "main" with a rank 3 essence.

So people who might have recently swapped mains or just decided they wanted to play their Mage before their Hunter today could have lost out on a large chunk of Echos with no solution other than a delayed warning from Blizzard that was on Twitter before it was on their launcher or any official platform.

Never before has a currency been gated like this in WoW's history to my knowledge.
    To compare earning a currency to transmog makes no sense.
    This would be like if your alt couldn't earn JP/VP during MoP unless you first logged into a character who had already completed a raid or dungeon. It just doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by Mokrath; 2020-03-18 at 04:39 AM. Reason: add'l info

15+ Year Old Account
    Yea, I don't know why so many people are having issues with this conceptually. Easy system, for an easy way to catch up alts. Log on to your character(s) who have rank 3 essences so it can be flagged on your account all the rank 3 essences that will appear on MOTHER's vendor list.

How is this confusing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    There's a difference between "I think Blizzard can do no wrong" and "I think Blizzard did no wrong here." Problem is haters can't think rationally and immediately lump everyone who disagrees with their dislike in the former group.
    So you lumping me into the group of haters is any different? I love the game, I do, but I will also criticize aspects of the game where I feel it falls short. That dude couldn't produce one explanation as to why r3 essences aren't account wide with no strings attached. I however went back and quoted directly from blizzards blue post since the guy was so convinced blizzard gave a rational argument. They gave a reason, but it was far from rational.

If they had made r3 essences account wide, I would have gone from playing maybe 30 minutes over the course of a week to 6-8 hours a week if not more. I love doing raids/m+ and getting new gear on my alts, but when my playstyle is gimped because I'm missing crucial essences, I lose all interest in playing. And lets not convince ourselves that this is players demanding free power. We're talking about a system that was only just been implemented into the game in patch 8.2. Essences that make up several thousand DPS/HPS/Health/Mitigation shouldn't be something people should be forced to grind over and over and over based on how many alts you have. I wouldn't complain about this system if I only had 2-3 characters, but I have every class at max level and not having access to r3 essences on all my alts makes me lose interest in them. It doesn't matter how much ilvl I grind or what corruption pieces I get, I'll always be burdened by having basic r1 essences.

The biggest issue is that people have more alts than before because of blizzards doing. Their whole push for allied races only encouraged people to have alts, especially if they leveled them all the way from level 20 in order to obtain the race armor. Fully knowing people will have more alts, they still continued to have people grind these essences out, all of which had timegates involved.

What doesn't help is that OP is being ridiculous and is hating on the new system for irrational reasons, but there is definitely rational reasons as to why r3 essences should be account wide, whereas there's not a single rational reason as to why they're not. I'll give you the chance to provide a rational reason as to why they're not account wide. Honestly, try to convince me otherwise because I'm convinced blizzard is just trying to maintain MAU's.
    Last edited by crakerjack; 2020-03-18 at 04:50 AM.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

My main was the last toon I logged in today and all my alts got their echoes. So if you don't get echoes on your alts because you didn't first got into your main that's a bug.

BUT!

It's blizz here, they decided to call the bug a feature, said it's working as intended and now they don't have to fix anything.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    So you lumping me into the group of haters is any different? I love the game, I do, but I will also criticize aspects of the game where I feel it falls short. That dude couldn't produce one explanation as to why r3 essences aren't account wide with no strings attached. I however went back and quoted directly from blizzards blue post since the guy was so convinced blizzard gave a rational argument. They gave a reason, but it was far from rational.

If they had made r3 essences account wide, I would have gone from playing maybe 30 minutes over the course of a week to 6-8 hours a week if not more. I love doing raids/m+ and getting new gear on my alts, but when my playstyle is gimped because I'm missing crucial essences, I lose all interest in playing. And lets not convince ourselves that this is players demanding free power. We're talking about a system that was only just been implemented into the game in patch 8.2. Essences that make up several thousand DPS/HPS/Health/Mitigation shouldn't be something people should be forced to grind over and over and over based on how many alts you have. I wouldn't complain about this system if I only had 2-3 characters, but I have every class at max level and not having access to r3 essences on all my alts makes me lose interest in them. It doesn't matter how much ilvl I grind or what corruption pieces I get, I'll always be burdened by having basic r1 essences.

The biggest issue is that people have more alts than before because of blizzards doing. Their whole push for allied races only encouraged people to have alts, especially if they leveled them all the way from level 20 in order to obtain the race armor. Fully knowing people will have more alts, they still continued to have people grind these essences out, all of which had timegates involved.

What doesn't help is that OP is being ridiculous and is hating on the new system for irrational reasons, but there is definitely rational reasons as to why r3 essences should be account wide, whereas there's not a single rational reason as to why they're not. I'll give you the chance to provide a rational reason as to why they're not account wide. Honestly, try to convince me otherwise because I'm convinced blizzard is just trying to maintain MAU's.
    You're awfully defensive assuming I was calling you a hater. Hmm. They're alts. They're not supposed to be as powerful as your mains. You've been given a catchup, which is more than I think is needed. You calling their reasoning irrational does not make it so. You losing interest in your alts because they're not equal to your main is a you problem, not a Blizzard problem. You dismissing every argument you get sent as "irrational" is simply you being just that.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    My main was the last toon I logged in today and all my alts got their echoes. So if you don't get echoes on your alts because you didn't first got into your main that's a bug.

BUT!

It's blizz here, they decided to call the bug a feature, said it's working as intended and now they don't have to fix anything.
    Except as others have stated, it has been this way ever since Blizz did account wide features such as transmog, mount count, rep count, etc.