Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    That assumes everyone has decent internet. He lives in a economically depressed area lol, pretty sure they still use dialup up there in a lot of places.
    Oh..then nm that then.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

And even if their parents do, even the best of parents have kids that will ditch out a window.
    Yes, some kids will sneak out a window. And then they'll get caught...because sooner or later the parents are going to check on their children and find them not in their rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Yes, some kids will sneak out a window. And then they'll get caught...because sooner or later the parents are going to check on their children and find them not in their rooms.
    Idk about your parents but mine slept like logs from 9pm til 6 am lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    I don't like to go to camp grounds if the tents are that closed to each other. I like to find spots away from anyone else. Hence, not being in contact with anyone else.
    The point was that you could already be in the incubation phase when you went, so you could find yourself suddenly getting symptoms even if you're all by yourself.

It's fine if you're a short jump from civilization, but I wouldn't suggest getting too far out of town.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Idk about your parents but mine slept like logs from 9pm til 6 am lol.
    And are you typically in school between 9pm and 6 am? Remember we're talking about kids staying home from school.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Doesn't really matter, South Korea already has the infrastructure in place to handle mini breakouts like this popping up again.

When you compare what South Korea did to almost everyone else it's flat out laughable. In 17 days they built what was needed to test up to 21,000 people a day, send emergency alerts when new cases are detected to warn people of when they need to get tested and their mortality % is far far better then the rest of the world due to early detection and controlling spread.

The world got to see how to handle this first hand from South Korea and sat on their hands doing jack shit until all hell broke loose.

And are you typically in school between 9pm and 6 am? Remember we're talking about kids staying home from school.
    No but they're working from 8am.til 5pm, so really you're only looking at a few hours actually supervised

Think Blizz will release SL a few months earlier if the virus goes well into the summer?

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Think Blizz will release SL a few months earlier if the virus goes well into the summer?
    Pretty sure they're not going to be able to finish it faster working at home, at best it will take the same amount of time, at worst it might see significant delays. I have to give this post an "lol what".

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Doesn't really matter, South Korea already has the infrastructure in place to handle mini breakouts like this popping up again.

When you compare what South Korea did to almost everyone else it's flat out laughable. In 17 days they built what was needed to test up to 21,000 people a day, send emergency alerts when new cases are detected to warn people of when they need to get tested and their mortality % is far far better then the rest of the world due to early detection and controlling spread.

The world got to see how to handle this first hand from South Korea and sat on their hands doing jack shit until all hell broke loose.
    Sk did great but there's other things at play here, like aged population. Most recent numbers I can find for people over 65 in sk is 13% vs like 17% in the us and something like 23-25% in Italy.

More old people does mean a greater chance of more deaths

Edit: Just to be clear here, trying to degrade what SK did or make a country like italy seem like it couldn't have done more.
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2020-03-18 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Realtalk View Post
    Actually it ought to be interesting. State law says public school needs 180 days but MA teachers union states no classes after June 30th. Curious to see if they end up going 7 days a week or if 1 side caves
    The state can pass something that waves away the 180 days. We've been put into virtual assignment mode but we can't grade any of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    The state can pass something that waves away the 180 days. We've been put into virtual assignment mode but we can't grade any of it.
    Wonder how the state I grew up in is going to handle it, they moved to hours over days MANY moon ago (they never wanted to give out half day snow days because it would count as a full day for completion)

Sk did great but there's other things at play here, like aged population. Most recent numbers I can find for people over 65 in sk is 13% vs like 17% in the us and something like 23-25% in Italy.

More old people does mean a greater chance of more deaths
    More like more unhealthy people is a greater chance of deaths which is all the more reasons EU and US should of been on the ball. Their obesity %s, diabetes %, lung and heart disease %s are way way higher then China and Korea.

Age is only being used as a factor because you're more likely to have health issues when older but Koreans are far more healthy at old ages then most western countries. Hell in China a 100 year old woman recovered from the virus.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-03-18 at 05:46 AM.

More like more unhealthy people is a greater chance of deaths which is all the more reasons EU and US should of been on the ball. Their obesity %s, diabetes %, lung and heart disease %s are way way higher then China and Korea.

Age is only being used as a factor because you're more likely to have health issues when older but Koreans are far more healthy at old ages then most western countries.
    I highly doubt China's lungs are very healthy, they have some of the lowest air quality around, basically like smoking all day everyday.

There's a lot of factors that go into it yes. Something like obesity is about the same as being old, you're more likely to have another condition if you're obese, but you can also be a "healthy" obese person with zero heart issues or diabetes, or etc.

US isn't even the top in obesity, as much as people joke about it.

No but they're working from 8am.til 5pm, so really you're only looking at a few hours actually supervised
    That's making the assumption that the parents are going to work and not staying home as well...

That's making the assumption that the parents are going to work and not staying home as well...
    A lot of them are, most places haven't closed down businesses yet so it's be there or be fired.

My stepdad works for the state dhs, he's required to be there.

I highly doubt China's lungs are very healthy, they have some of the lowest air quality around, basically like smoking all day everyday.

There's a lot of factors that go into it yes. Something like obesity is about the same as being old, you're more likely to have another condition if you're obese, but you can also be a "healthy" obese person with zero heart issues or diabetes, or etc.

US isn't even the top in obesity, as much as people joke about it.
    None of this shit even matters, the numbers speak for themself. US might not be top in obesity % but they still have 100 million obese Americans which is more then any other country in the world and if you think this won't be a factor in mortality % well...

None of this shit even matters, the numbers speak for themself. US might not be top in obesity % but they still have 100 million obese Americans which is more then any other country in the world and if you think this won't be a factor in mortality % well...
    it will, but so will any number of things, like my friend on immunosuppressants (who is has to work, his job told him he could go home if he didn't feel comfortable, but they wouldn't pay him, so he basically is forced to go in).

A lot of them are, most places haven't closed down businesses yet so it's be there or be fired.

My stepdad works for the state dhs, he's required to be there.
    And a lot of them aren't. A lot of families only have one working parent anyway...and others have jobs that they can do from home. And in some places it's getting to the point where going to work is not even an option anymore.

Also a lot of the kids are either not old enough to be left alone anyway so they'd have to have some sort of supervision anyway...or old enough to understand that it's important they stay at home. And yes, some will sneak out...but even that will be in smaller crowds than going to school would be...so it's still safer for them. Schools are a breeding ground for illness.

And a lot of them aren't. A lot of families only have one working parent anyway...and others have jobs that they can do from home. And in some places it's getting to the point where going to work is not even an option anymore.

Also a lot of the kids are either not old enough to be left alone anyway so they'd have to have some sort of supervision anyway...or old enough to understand that it's important they stay at home. And yes, some will sneak out...but even that will be in smaller crowds than going to school would be...so it's still safer for them. Schools are a breeding ground for illness.
    Japan has a lot of single parent households. That's going to be a great challenge too. T.T