Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

"All eyes shall be opened." Do not allow yours to be closed..

"While the Light can only conceive of one true path, the Void sees endless possibilities. Strategically, the Old Gods always have plans within plans, waiting for one door to close so another can open. To believe there can only be a single outcome to the struggle against N'Zoth would be to ignore the lessons he was trying to teach us."

"Only I can save you from what is to come"

So what do you think is to come?

After the Danuser interview in which he thinks they did well, admits they lied through their teeth about the Garrosh comparison, and promises more of the same? I'm expecting Sylvie Kerrigan, even more so than before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I genuinely don't understand the point of any thread discussing the current WoW story. Any character in any story is as smart as the writers; and with the current WoW team, all lore chars are as smart as a boiled carrot.

You want to talk about N'Zoth plans inside plans? Here is the answer: it depends on hydraulic pressure of Danuser's piss in the toilet tub! That's how deep their planning currently is!

In-topic, it is obvious that N'Zoth will come back. They need bosses for that future Void Lords expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    After the Danuser interview in which he thinks they did well, admits they lied through their teeth about the Garrosh comparison, and promises more of the same? I'm expecting Sylvie Kerrigan, even more so than before.
    Not happening. They set up Kerrigan's redemption 5 years before that happened, by literally stating in-universe that she was the only hope for salvation. Meanwhile with Sylvanas they have proved again and again in the story that she is completely twisted and crazy.

Also completely different characters. People compare them just because they are hot bitches, while ignoring that Kerrigan wanted to earn redemption and was mind-controlled, while Sylvanas willingly chose evil and went to Hell because of it. Sylvanas is the classic example of a negative character arc. She has become a nihilist who believes it is foolish to cling to life and hope, so she wants to kill everyone. She is beyond redemption.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

N'zoth allowed us to defeat him, beyond that I don't really know, been burnt by 8.3 lore when it comes to old god speculation but one thing that's certain is that N'zoth ain't gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    You seem positive.

They didn't lie about Garrosh. You, and others, misunderstanding / refusing to understand (?) what they've said in the past compared to now doesn't mean they lie.

You already know this, though. May I ask what the wanted outcome is for your continuous negative spewing on these forums, where you keep calling Blizzard liars? What's the goal?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    You seem positive.

They didn't lie about Garrosh. You, and others, misunderstanding / refusing to understand (?) what they've said in the past compared to now doesn't mean they lie.

You already know this, though. May I ask what the wanted outcome is for your continuous negative spewing on these forums, where you keep calling Blizzard liars? What's the goal?
    Why should we argue with someone who will never say anything bad about Blizzard?

I cannot take this guy seriously after reading his comments about being hard-on for Sylvanas, and especially now after seeing his interview about her(she's going to be Kerrigan v2, just was she "wasn't Garrosh v2").

Quote Originally Posted by october breeze View Post
    I genuinely don't understand the point of any thread discussing the current WoW story. Any character in any story is as smart as the writers; and with the current WoW team, all lore chars are as smart as a boiled carrot.

You want to talk about N'Zoth plans inside plans? Here is the answer: it depends on hydraulic pressure of Danuser's piss in the toilet tub! That's how deep their planning currently is!
    Oh brother, brace yourself, as all them "DuuuD iF yoU dnT LiKe WuW gTFo,,. ths CMniTY FcakkinG SckS a$ brUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" rainbow lovers will be getting all over you anytime soon now...

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-03-18 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    You seem positive.

i guess, the goal is to blow off steam

i'd really like more parallels between N'zoth and media mind control irl
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Not happening. They set up Kerrigan's redemption 5 years before that happened, by literally stating in-universe that she was the only hope for salvation. Meanwhile with Sylvanas they have proved again and again in the story that she is completely twisted and crazy.

Also completely different characters. People compare them just because they are hot bitches, while ignoring that Kerrigan wanted to earn redemption and was mind-controlled, while Sylvanas willingly chose evil and went to Hell because of it. Sylvanas is the classic example of a negative character arc. She has become a nihilist who believes it is foolish to cling to life and hope, so she wants to kill everyone. She is beyond redemption.
    ? Do you really think it's out of Blizzard's reach to pull a "Sylvanas got mind-controlled from the moment she got impaled on Saronite's spike" ?

That'd be disappointing, far-fetched and unimaginative, hence why I totally believe they can pull this kind of shit in Shadowlands. With a totally unexpected end-of-expansion quote such as "The Cycle is broken!" [Night Elves cheering in front of her].

7+ Year Old Account
    Not happening. They set up Kerrigan's redemption 5 years before that happened, by literally stating in-universe that she was the only hope for salvation. Meanwhile with Sylvanas they have proved again and again in the story that she is completely twisted and crazy..
    i mean, MOP had a lot of setting, 2 expansions to be more precise, it took years to the culmination, but they screw it all and copy-paste in one expansion

The current team its not the same team who did mop and Starcraft, so, i still think they can do it anyway just because they want to copy something already done/established
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2020-03-18 at 10:54 AM.

I hate to be super negative, but after BFA’s insane lack of faction-mechanical payoff, I’m pretty much retired from predicting WoW’s intent with story any more. They are clearly not governed by nor beholden to... making sense.

That said, it’s a bit liberating to be freed from looking too deeply into anything. I hope what happens makes for a good time. If it doesn’t, I have options. I’m as moment to moment with WoW as they are in making it. It’s not necessarily a bad state, but it’s been a rough road to get here.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i mean, MOP had a lot of setting 2 expansions to be more precise, it took years to their culmination, but they screw it all and copy-paste in one expansion

The current team its not the same team who did mop and Starcraft, so, i still think they can do it anyway just because they want to copy something already done/established
    if you already copied a bible, what do you copy from after that?
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

I think there's something to do with the forces of Light bringing about great disorder to the cosmos through everlasting and persistent life. If we were to put a face to it, maybe Light Lords. If I were to take a guess at the method, it would be either keeping everyone alive indefinitely, or even resurrecting everyone and having this leading to a lot of strife. The Void, in this respect, may seek to end all this conflict and endless eternal war where people never die that would result from such an outcome by ultimately killing everything before the Light can reach a point where it would keep everything alive and at a state of perpetual disorder... would be my guess.

[QUOTE=october breeze;52186393]I genuinely don't understand the point of any thread discussing the current WoW story. Any character in any story is as smart as the writers; and with the current WoW team, all lore chars are as smart as a boiled carrot.

This part made me laugh sooooooooooooo hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    ? Do you really think it's out of Blizzard's reach to pull a "Sylvanas got mind-controlled from the moment she got impaled on Saronite's spike" ?

That'd be disappointing, far-fetched and unimaginative, hence why I totally believe they can pull this kind of shit in Shadowlands. With a totally unexpected end-of-expansion quote such as "The Cycle is broken!" [Night Elves cheering in front of her].
    Yes, because we see in the actual novels that she genuinely believes Undeath is a blessing. She's not mind-controlled. When she said she wanted to exterminate the humans of Stormwind to "free them from the shackles of mortality", it was Sylvanas talking, not the Jailer through her.

Also, they already confirmed Sylvanas and the Jailers are allies. So no mind-control, that'd imply that the Jailer is her boss.

You can't even make the argument that Jailer twisted her into having negative thoughts about life and hope, like Amon did with Kerrigan. Because Sylvanas met the Jailer precisely because she was already evil and went to Hell.

Sorry, but I think it's much more likely she'll end up just like Garrosh in WoD. Popularity does not grant you plot armor, otherwise Arthas wouldn't have died in the second expansion.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-03-18 at 11:13 AM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by SardaukarMikhail View Post
    "While the Light can only conceive of one true path, the Void sees endless possibilities. Strategically, the Old Gods always have plans within plans, waiting for one door to close so another can open. To believe there can only be a single outcome to the struggle against N'Zoth would be to ignore the lessons he was trying to teach us."

"Only I can save you from what is to come"

So what do you think is to come?
    dont you know yet ? Sylvanas will have her redemption arc Ilidan style with her saving azeroth from void/light in 10.0 after gathering strength to fight them in 9.0 :P

its pretty obvious where this is leading with their "lets retcon everything" approach

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, because we see in the actual novels that she genuinely believes Undeath is a blessing. She's not mind-controlled. When she said she wanted to exterminate the humans of Stormwind to "free them from the shackles of mortality", it was Sylvanas talking, not the Jailer through her.

Also, they already confirmed Sylvanas and the Jailers are allies. So no mind-control, that'd imply that the Jailer is her boss.

You can't even make the argument that Jailer twisted her into having negative thoughts about life and hope, like Amon did with Kerrigan. Because Sylvanas met the Jailer precisely because she was already evil and went to Hell.

Sorry, but I think it's much more likely she'll end up just like Garrosh in WoD. Popularity does not grant you plot armor, otherwise Arthas wouldn't have died in the second expansion.
    Arthras has a fatal flaw in his plot armour . he didnt have tiddies . big bouncing tiddies.

thats what killed him

15+ Year Old Account
    Aren't old gods at war with the void lords? Maybe he wants to protect us from them.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Aren't old gods at war with the void lords? Maybe he wants to protect us from them.
    No they serve the Void Lords. The Void Lords can't manifest themselves physically for any long period of time, thus use Old Gods as their corrupting weapons to birth a Dark Titan, more like a black hole.

On topic, i think all they really mean is "Yo we will be revisiting the void don't worry". Yeah N'zoth lost, but that doesn't mean the Void Lords are done with us, who knows how many more Old Gods they can fling at us. Hell they may be able to just recreate a new version of N'zoth anyways.