Thread: Doom Eternal

Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttwitch View Post
    It's boomers who still watch TV regularly.

Between internet, video games and my job, I barely have time for TV. I only watch TV if there is a movie that I really want to see or a TV show that I actually follow.
    I really only watch TV during my meals because I have a TV in the kitchen, and then it's mostly Cartoon Network or Comedy Central.
    It's not just "boomers" its "normies" in general stop thinking your own small circle is the basis of the entire world when the ratings literally include demographics in them so we know who is watching TV.

If you think video game companies are paying for ads on networks that only get good ratings in the 49+ bracket you're wrong, they're doing it on the networks strong in the 18-49 demo.

I'm not sure about this game. Judging by the vids, it seems to have a very fast paced playstyle that also involves a lot of verticality. Since I'm not a Fortnite kid, I'll probably pass.
    Welcome to doom? It bred the fast pace shooter, ID software basically created the fast paced shooter.

Other games fade, but Doot is eternal.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I'm not sure about this game. Judging by the vids, it seems to have a very fast paced playstyle that also involves a lot of verticality. Since I'm not a Fortnite kid, I'll probably pass.
    Cue sad trombone

With some of the sillier customization options like the Doot revenants and more bizarre skins I'm still surprised we haven't gotten something like this yet:

I'm still amazed they managed to turn "rip and tear" from the comic from a meme into the tagline of the series.

Brutal Doom was my intro to the series and it's still great.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2020-03-16 at 10:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    With some of the sillier customization options like the Doot revenants and more bizarre skins I'm still surprised we haven't gotten something like this yet:
    I'm still amazed they managed to turn "rip and tear" from the comic from a meme into the tagline of the series.

Meh, i vastly prefer this voice:

Calm psycho fits him much better.

CAn a gtx 980 ti run that 4000 ghz skylake pc

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    CAn a gtx 980 ti run that 4000 ghz skylake pc
    Most likely, that's still considered pretty decent.

- - - Updated - - -

looking pretty damn good, might have to sell a kidney.

Got a 94 on pc gamer, cant wait to rip and tear some more.

https://www.pcgamer.com/doom-eternal-review/
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Some reviewers are saying Doom Eternal is the next step in FPS evolution much like Classic Doom, Quake, Goldeneye and Half-Life were.
    Last edited by zEmini; 2020-03-17 at 05:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Some reviewers are saying Doom is the next step in FPS evolution among the other titans such as Classic Doom, Quake, Goldeneye and Half-Life.
    Which really is no surprise. This game is a perfect meld of both new and oldschool.

Looking at various reviews and videos, the game not only seems awesome to play and look at (as expected), but is incredibly well optimized as well. Even budget cards can easily run it at 60 FPS 1080p if you tone down the settings to medium-high, fairly impressive considering the game looks this good and is said to feature tons of enemies in the latter levels.

The game also has old-school cheat codes, that you unlock by finding them in levels. Invincible, infinite ammo, instant glory kill status for monsters, all that jazz. But my favorite isn't really a "cheat", it just adds a crowd that yays and boos you as you play. In this age of selling you power by microtransaction even in some single-player games, I'm glad that Id brings back that sort of flavor.

Can't wait for the 20th, is all I'm saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    They see me trollin',
    They hatin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiRnMuXOwDQ

still waiting on that H Doom mod of 2016

Does it still count if i buy the preorder 1 day before release? urrghh yes it does.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2020-03-18 at 07:07 AM.

Is there any form of multiplayer(co-op similar to bl3 or pvp)?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Is there any form of multiplayer(co-op similar to bl3 or pvp)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    That is pretty old actually. Lots has changed since then. MOre updated here

With that said I am not fully sold on battlemode yet. It never had any true beta testing and it will no doubt have some balancing issues

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    With that said I am not fully sold on battlemode yet. It never had any true beta testing and it will no doubt have some balancing issues
    Can't really say WHERE I did it, but ID hires external beta testers, and a lot of them. I did paid testing for DOOM's pvp mode.

Couldn't provide a lot of feedback to it though because it used the wrong video card in my laptop and was all screwed up, couldn't get it to switch (the don't call the program DOOM for obvious reasons)

10+ Year Old Account
    Official DOOM Eternal community on Steam has released an announcement covering frequently asked question and known issues. Final hardware requirements are:

PC Ultra-Nightmare Specs (2160p / 60 FPS / Ultra-Nightmare Settings) OR (1440p / 120 FPS / Ultra-Nightmare Settings)
    • 64-bit Windows 10
    • Intel Core i9-9900K or better, or AMD Ryzen 7 3700X or better
    • 16GB System RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti (11GB) or AMD Radeon VII (16GB)
    • 50 GB hard drive space

PC Recommended Specs (1440p / 60 FPS / High Quality Settings)
    • 64-bit Windows 10
    • Intel Core i7-6700K or better, or AMD Ryzen 7 1800X or better
    • 8GB System RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (8GB), RTX 2060 (6GB) or AMD Radeon RX Vega56 (8GB)
    • OR (1080p/ 60 FPS / High Quality Settings) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6GB), NVIDIA GeForce 970 (4GB), AMD RX 480 (8GB) Note : On GTX 970 only - set Texture Quality to Medium
    • 50 GB hard drive space

PC Minimum Specs (1080p / 60 FPS / Low Quality Settings)
    • 64-bit Windows 7/64-Bit Windows 10
    • Intel Core i5 @ 3.3 GHz or better, or AMD Ryzen 3 @ 3.1 GHz or better
    • 8GB System RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce 1050Ti (4GB), GTX 1060 (3GB), GTX 1650 (4GB) or AMD Radeon R9 280 (3GB), AMD Radeon R9 290 (4GB) or RX 470 (4GB)
    • 50 GB hard drive space
    - - - Updated - - -

The game is now available for pre-downloading

Bought new parts for my pc to play this shit on ultra, but i'm a technologically illiterate idiot, and now i have to hope that my new mainboard won't melt from the vastly fucking overpowered cpu i bought for it.