Page 10 of 153 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Vic Beasely to the Titans, Jason Witten to the raiders. Because I guess an aged tight end who has already retired once will save your new quarterback (assuming he plays).
    Watch Beasley become all world and have everyone in Atlanta going WTF!?!?!

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    So the Panthers let Cam seek a trade and now are already thanking him for his time in Carolina. Either this thing moved fast, or they're willing to offload him for a bag of chips to the first team to inquire.

The line's been drawn 50 times over for Cam to go to Chicago but let me give you a dark horse team, Vegas. The Raiders just signed Mariota who is a running-style QB, could be trying to do the Lamar Jackson-RG3 thing with Cam Newton-Marcus Mariota.

In which case Carr is on the market and I could see the Patriots jumping at that chance. He'd fit with Belichick, he's a Patriots-style QB, and they can probably get him for a mid-round pick. Maybe even one of their comp picks.
    I can tell from your use of "running style QB" that you don't watch much football

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like Brady is choosing a scheme that will let him pad his stats and try to get ahead of Brees. I see no other reason to choose Tampa.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Sounds like Brady is choosing a scheme that will let him pad his stats and try to get ahead of Brees. I see no other reason to choose Tampa.
    If the Falcons can't figure out how to play defense. I can see Brady doing that since they'd play them twice a year.

The current belief out there is that he wanted to stay East Coast for family reasons. I guess Tampa is closer than L.A.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The current belief out there is that he wanted to stay East Coast for family reasons. I guess Tampa is closer than L.A.
    Had the Chargers not signed Rivers they may have been in play but yeah if he wanted to stay roughly east coast his options were limited.

Glad to see nobody is rushing to crown the Buccs just yet. May be a friendly scheme but that's a rough division and the NFC is now even more loaded than it already was. Playoffs aren't a guarantee, even with seven seeds potentially.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

As a Saints fan I want them to beat the Bucs twice this year. The Saints are still loaded and need to do more playoff runs for Brees

10+ Year Old Account
    I had expected Kiko Alonso & Patrick Robinson to be released, but they both took pay cuts to stay with the Saints.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Bridgewater is signing with the Panthers. Guessing that's your QB1 next season.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/sta...21558573568000

Guess they are not tanking for Trevor now.

Also don't understand this trade at all, Teddy was never a franchise QB, why not give Cam Newton 1 more season and see how things go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PokeKitty View Post
    Guess they are not tanking for Trevor now.

Also don't understand this trade at all, Teddy was never a franchise QB, why not give Cam Newton 1 more season and see how things go.
    Teddy always shows a couple of flashes every season that he could still return to being the guy he was in Minnesota right before he blew up his knee. He certainly won't have to do much with CMC still in town.

Honestly right now I can't tell who is going to be tanking for Trevor. I guess unless they trade for Cam the betting money's on the Raiders trying it.
    Last edited by Slowpoke is a Gamer; 2020-03-18 at 05:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Panthers are running a new offense, the offense Bridgewater has been under the past two seasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Also can't wait to see Brady in a jersey with those fucking horrible digital clock numbers the Buccaneers wear.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Teddy always shows a couple of flashes every season that he could still return to being the guy he was in Minnesota right before he blew up his knee. He certainly won't have to do much with CMC still in town.

Honestly right now I can't tell who is going to be tanking for Trevor. I guess unless they trade for Cam the betting money's on the Raiders trying it.
    Not a chance, the team just picked up Littleton a year after throwing big money at Trent Brown and having the best draft class of last year. They're a season or two off hitting "win now" mode, grabbing a #1 WR in the draft will solidify them.

I don't think we'll see the this year's tank prospect until the season starts. Right now I'd guess the Chargers would be the likeliest, but last year we were all CERTAIN it would be Miami, and they ended up winning more games than anyone gave them credit in pre-season.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/sta...80409322553349

NFL executives and coaches received a memo tonight, recommending clubs "should consider including contingency language in trade agreements to account for a scenario where a player is unable to take and pass a physical ..." because of special rules regarding COVID-19, per sources.

Players are prohibited from entering club facilities through March 31 and thus can't have physical exams there. Similar to free agents, clubs can contact a physician near the players' home -- but some teams aren't comfortable with that. Another unusual aspect of this offseason.
    Might lead to more drama, might lead to nothing, these are bizarre times.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Cowboys reported to get Gerald McCoy https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/...269499909?s=21

Panthers are running a new offense, the offense Bridgewater has been under the past two seasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Also can't wait to see Brady in a jersey with those fucking horrible digital clock numbers the Buccaneers wear.
    Will it be a good year for Brady or will the Falcons and Saints stick it to him?

Broncos got Jurrell Casey from the Titans for only a 7th round pick. Not sure what the Titans were thinking with this one unless he was going to be a cap casualty, and even then you would think they would have got more than a 7th in return for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bears are trading forrrrrrrrrr

Nick Foles.

https://twitter.com/nflnetwork/statu...38554720419845

Good to know they won't be an actual threat this year. Also this means that Cam's going either to Vegas or New England, probably Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Not a chance, the team just picked up Littleton a year after throwing big money at Trent Brown and having the best draft class of last year. They're a season or two off hitting "win now" mode, grabbing a #1 WR in the draft will solidify them.

I don't think we'll see the this year's tank prospect until the season starts. Right now I'd guess the Chargers would be the likeliest, but last year we were all CERTAIN it would be Miami, and they ended up winning more games than anyone gave them credit in pre-season.
    Quoting this because my answer here ties into why I'm also not listing the Chargers as a Cam Newton team. I think they're drafting a QB with the #6 overall pick. And I think it's Herbert.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not surprising to hear the Saints rushing to reacquire Malcolm Jenkins, he's been missed.
    /s

- - - Updated - - -

I believe the Bucs are set to get new uniforms this season, actually.