10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Heck Trump could propose and seriously push for a full Universal Health Care system, straight copy paste the UK system and a bunch of the Democrat loyalists in this thread would suddenly oppose it and cite Blue Cross spokesmen for talking points.
    There's no reason to believe that would happen. What precedent is there for that claim? But there is evidence that the GOP like Mitch McConnell would cut off their own noses to spite the Democrats.

Say what you want about Democrats hating Trump, they don't hate him that much to pass up actual legislation.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    you probably the same type of person that shit on me for saying hitler did some things right.
    I've seen the things you say Hitler did right. You deserve to be shit on for that.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Interesting.

One item of note - Sanders' appearance on Fox News was amazing in the way he brought people into the fold in understanding M4A. He was set to get his ass kicked, and instead blew them all away.

I really do hope this time around Sanders' jumps in with both feet to support the winning nominee. The country needs it.
    I really thought he gave his all last time around, Hillary just hates his guts probably the same for Biden I am sure they will blame him too if things go south.

What are you even talking about? You proposed a hypothetical, and then guessed on a response after that. I suggested you were wrong because the GOP has always been party over country, while the Democrats have not.

The actual proposal being proffered by Congress was just announced, so don't give me "I was talking about the actual bill" bullshit.

You said this:

The Democrats would NOT oppose it, because, as I've pointed out and the facts demonstrate, the Democrats are about helping the country, while the GOP has become party-over-country.
    But you can't be a chest thumping anti-Trump manly man and also work with Trump to help the country.

Which, if he was smart, he would start pushing bills that have no chance of success but would be opposed because Trump.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    There's no reason to believe that would happen. What precedent is there for that claim? But there is evidence that the GOP like Mitch McConnell would cut off their own noses to spite the Democrats.

Say what you want about Democrats hating Trump, they don't hate him that much to pass up actual legislation.
    Exactly. And all facts demonstrate that precisely. The Democrats are the only ones passing legislation. I mean, FFS, Moscow Mitch went home for a week-long break as the Coronavirus was going Pandemic. He had to be asked back to do his fucking job.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    But you can't be a chest thumping anti-Trump manly man and also work with Trump to help the country.

Which, if he was smart, he would start pushing bills that have no chance of success but would be opposed because Trump.
    Yes, you can. It's interesting, on a number of levels, that you would think otherwise.

Exactly. And all facts demonstrate that precisely. The Democrats are the only ones passing legislation. I mean, FFS, Moscow Mitch went home for a week-long break as the Coronavirus was going Pandemic. He had to be asked back to do his fucking job.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, you can. It's interesting, on a number of levels, that you would think otherwise.
    Gonna hit a hard X to doubt on that.

Don't know why people would work with someone they declared as the death of democracy. It would make that complaint...hollow.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post

My current evidence is the Democrats proposing limited targeted very low numbers of aide to people versus the GOP which is currently stating 1k checks for everyone for a couple of months and Cubby the UberDemocrat saying "Well these guys are smart so they must have a good reason".
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Every day I read this thread, I have to close my eyes and breathe slowly and remember that the internet and Twitter have nothing to do with our political reality. Cause this thread is bonkers bad.

My current evidence is the Democrats proposing limited targeted very low numbers of aide to people versus the GOP which is currently stating 1k checks for everyone for a couple of months and Cubby the UberDemocrat saying "Well these guys are smart so they must have a good reason".
    Do you have a source for this because your assertions are rather vague?

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I too would like to see this "current evidence."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Feels before Reals, yo.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Odds are: it's a plagiarized opinion from some alt-right Reddit channel, or a copypasta from theIntercept.

Glenn and his cadre of reporters are going all-in on the the "GOP are the real progressives".

While ignoring the alternative bills from Booker/Bennet or Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Sanders is "assessing his campaign"

inc drop out in a week or two.
    Depends, this has happened the past two three weeks.

It reveals there are two camps in Sanders campaign.
    1. Some really nice people that really believe in progress. They genuinely want unity on The Left.
    2. Grifters, who want to ride the "anti DNC Establishment" gravy train until the bitter end. The Sirotas, Turners, and Michael Moores

Which does Sanders listen too moore?
    Last edited by Milchshake; 2020-03-18 at 07:58 PM.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Depends, this has happened the past two three weeks.

It reveals there are two camps in Sanders campaign.
    1. Some really nice people that really believe in progress. They genuinely want unity on The Left.
    2. Grifters, who want to ride the "anti DNC Establishment" gravy train until the bitter end. The Sirotas, Turners, and Michael Moores

Or neither of these groups you made up and they are just concerned about the optics of having people vote with the virus situation. That's not even going into not knowing when the convention or other votes will be held. Sanders lost a while ago but the virus changes things something like the convention will probably not happen a closed door meeting between the party might though.

As for unifying the left that's never going to happen it's a temporary alliance to get rid of Trump.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Source? I read Cubby's post, and compared the offers of the Dems versus what Romney and Trump cooked up as an offer. What other source do you want?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Source? I read Cubby's post, and compared the offers of the Dems versus what Romney and Trump cooked up as an offer. What other source do you want?
    So you are just asserting based on other people's posts? from the news it's just Trump and Romney want to give checks to everyone but democrats want to make sure that we aren't sending checks to Bill Gates and the people that need it get it. I am not sure where you are getting everything else from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Probably the people who just want legitimate change for the good or the working man. I have to give Sanders one thing, he’s authentic, she been staying the same course for 40+ years, and I think he knows that Biden is light years ahead of Trump.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Gonna hit a hard X to doubt on that.

Don't know why people would work with someone they declared as the death of democracy. It would make that complaint...hollow.
    Because we still have to govern, and hate him or not, Team Deplorable still signs the laws. So we need him, regardless of how incompetent he is. It's very revealing that you can only see this as black and white....

The complaint is entirely valid, but there is no work around, because Trump is part of the process for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I keep seeing this line too often.

But Congress also matters. The Senate especially, under the circumstances.
    It's not too often. It's the only roadmap for winning.

As far as getting the Senate, that map is mostly different. That map requires holding Alabama (almost impossible), winning Maine (improbable), North Carolina (possible), Arizona (semi-likely), and Colorado (likely).

There is a much better chance that Biden wins than that Democrats retake the Senate. I think Republicans will hold onto Maine, North Carolina and retake Alabama while Democrats will pick up Colorado and Arizona. This will create a 52-48 Republican controlled Senate (from 53-47 today).

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    It's not too often. It's the only roadmap for winning.

As far as getting the Senate, that map is mostly different. That map requires holding Alabama (almost impossible), winning Maine (improbable), North Carolina (possible), Arizona (semi-likely), and Colorado (likely).

There is a much better chance that Biden wins than that Democrats retake the Senate. I think Republicans will hold onto Maine, North Carolina and retake Alabama while Democrats will pick up Colorado and Arizona. This will create a 52-48 Republican controlled Senate (from 53-47 today).
    How does the covid-19 nightmare computes in your calcs?
    Will this wipe a good chunk of support for the orange disease?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    How does the covid-19 nightmare computes in your calcs?
    Will this wipe a good chunk of support for the orange disease?
    Only a third of the senate being up for reelection at a time means it's much less vulnerable to singular large scale events. The president is much more vulnerable in that respect, though only once every four years.