Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Of course it makes sense here's your $1,000 per month until election see the name Donald J. Trump on it that's who you vote for.
    All Biden or who ever it may be has to do is force and remind trump of his dismantle of Pandemic health team.

Which could have certainly reduced the problems we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    All Biden or who ever it may be has to do is force and remind trump of his dismantle of Pandemic health team.

Which could have certainly reduced the problems we have now.
    BZZZZT that's a nuanced argument and what if situation the fix is already in Fox News and Trump are already placing everything on China. The evil Chinese did it Trump can't stop a force of nature he is doing his best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Save it. I just bought a new truck and it blew out my bank account. So, a little savings would feel nice right now.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Not a millionaire and not eligible for the check. =(

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll buy a switch finally and doom eternal then I'll throw the rest in savings

I work from home but I may need it for paying bills the longer this goes on since my work is dependent on other businesses being opened, and well, other businesses are being closed. Can't do work if there is no work.

If I get one I'll probably go blow it around town. Hit all the local food/dessert places, buy house stuff I've been putting off, etc... Seems like that would be better for everyone than just sitting on it.

Hold on to it in the account until we know we won't NEED it NEED it and then probably replace some flooring, we've been meaning to but haven't gotten around to it.

Most likely though it'll have to go to bills like it should if this goes any deeper.

It's just as much an economic stimulus as it is trying to help people survive, so they def. want you to spend it somehow, it'll make it's way back up to them regardless.

7+ Year Old Account
    If I even get one, savings account.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure I won't be getting one.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing $75k as being the threshold for single filers, $150k for married filing jointly. Kinda blows, my wife is just under $75k but we file jointly and are over the $150k mark.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Blademaster
    5+ Year Old Account
    Torn between just tossing it in the savings account for a rainy day and getting a new Smart TV for the living room that I absolutely don't need but would really like. Really don't need the money for day to day expenses unless this thing really drags out longer than a few months.

https://www.factcheck.org/2009/10/the-obama-phone/

The president has no direct impact on the program, and one could hardly call these devices "Obama Phones," as the e-mail author does. This specific program, SafeLink, started under President George Bush, with grants from an independent company created under President Bill Clinton, which was a legacy of an act passed under President Franklin Roosevelt, which was influenced by an agreement reached between telecommunications companies and the administration of President Woodrow Wilson.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Just to confirm to everyone, Obama didn't send out Checks, he even put a stop to the Bush tax cuts.
    https://www.thebalance.com/stimulus-checks-3305750

When Did Stimulus Checks Go Out?
    In May 2009, the federal government sent a one-time Economic Recovery Payment (ERP) of $250 each. These checks went to more than 52 million beneficiaries of certain federal programs. These included Social Security, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Railroad Retirement Board (RRB) and the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).3

Did Everyone Receive Stimulus Checks?
    ARRA was unusual in that only those beneficiaries received checks. Most taxpayers received tax rebates called the Making Work Pay program. Instead of a check, the rebates showed up as a reduction in their tax withholding amount. The Obama administration argued that they would receive benefits quicker than waiting for a rebate after they filed their taxes in 2010.

In 2009, the average taxpayer received a tax cut of $400 per individual or $800 per family.

The tax cuts appeared in each paycheck starting in June 2009. Each employee had about 6% less withheld from their checks.

So there's an income limit for the supposed stimulus check, but not one when the GOP gave a huge windfall to the rich and the big corporations back in 2017 with their tax breaks?

Once again they screw over the American people.
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omerome View Post
    So there's an income limit for the supposed stimulus check, but not one when the GOP gave a huge windfall to the rich and the big corporations back in 2017 with their tax breaks?

Once again they screw over the American people.
    what in that is out of character for the GOP of the last 30 years?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this is probably the first time in my life I'm going to means test out of a major benefit like this, which is probably a good thing. I'm still fully employed and pulling down my full paycheck.

I have friends who aren't, and can really use the help.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    Yeah, it's normal behavior for them, just wanted to point it out.

The sad thing is that those people who normally would oppose the government getting involved to help others would not turn away a check if it's made out to them. The "screw you, I want mine" folk. The "unless it happens to me, I don't care" folk. Some of the worst types of folk.
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    Might have been a tradeoff with the paid leave thing.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Obama didn't send out checks, just free cell phones
    once again you are spreading debunked rhetoric, lifeline (the federal program in question) started in 1984, and bush is the one who expanded it to cell phones.
    Last edited by Stormspellz; 2020-03-18 at 11:39 PM.

Well stocks and ETFs are on sale now so I'll nab some of those. Will probably buy a new SSD for my PC as these games are just growing in space usage.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.