Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    They're probably currently "developing" TBC, by developing I mean adapting it to the current client and figuring out how to implement.
    hope we get some info on that sometime this year

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    hope we get some info on that sometime this year
    My guess is blizzcon

They're probably currently "developing" TBC, by developing I mean adapting it to the current client and figuring out how to implement.
    Imagine having a community that basically let them get out of remastering anything or putting actual work into a product with their #nochanges shit lol.

But yea the classic "dev team" is literally just a handful of coders, no artists, no animators, no designers, no writers. You can hardly even call it a "team" compared to what retail has.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/game/status/eu

Classic 1 full server. Retail 22 full servers EU, Classic 2 full, retail 26 full NA&Oceania. Classic is no where near the playerbase of retail. Classic will not tie the playerbase, considering the majority of players is playing retail, and not classic. If SL is delayed to late 2021, its going to be bad for all of us.
    You cannot compare Classic servers to retail servers. Classic servers during their primetime are mostly packed, you won't see as many players around on retail than in Classic - but that might be the case due to the retail server structure.

Blizzard can't afford another huge flop like BfA. Rather a polished and packed Shadowlands in early 2021 than yet another BfA disaster in 2020 which will damage WoW more than an extended BfA drought.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Imagine having a community that basically let them get out of remastering anything or putting actual work into a product with their #nochanges shit lol.

But yea the classic "dev team" is literally just a handful of coders, no artists, no animators, no designers, no writers. You can hardly even call it a "team" compared to what retail has.
    No changes is a joke, classic could have really sustained with some changes and balancing, instead of falling of a cliff

Is the doomsday council still not giving up?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    you won't see as many players around on retail than in Classic
    No shit, retail literally has sharding in effect at all times that limits the number of players in your shard. Literally has nothing to do with the amount of people playing at any give time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    No shit, retail literally has sharding in effect at all times that limits the number of players in your shard. Literally has nothing to do with the amount of people playing at any give time.
    That's what I said... but that might be the case due to the retail server structure.

That's what I said... but that might be the case due to the retail server structure.
    In which case if you're aware why would you even reply to a post talking about player counts with "but you see less players!"?

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/game/status/eu

Classic 1 full server. Retail 22 full servers EU, Classic 2 full, retail 26 full NA&Oceania. Classic is no where near the playerbase of retail. Classic will not tie the playerbase, considering the majority of players is playing retail, and not classic. If SL is delayed to late 2021, its going to be bad for all of us.
    on personal level i kinda wish it is delayed.

i much rather play finished expansion instead unfinished one like BfA where 3/4 of systems where on alpha testing stage when game was already released

SL will for sure be delayed until 2021 with the corona stuff going on, and good riddance, maybe they'll actually have enough time to make it any decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    SL will for sure be delayed until 2021 with the corona stuff going on, and good riddance, maybe they'll actually have enough time to make it any decent.
    How? It doesn't affect their workflow.

They will most definetely postpone this expansion, referencing force majeure that is coronavirus. Of course increased development time would do nothing to improve the fun factor in this game or help adress some pressing issues like time gating/excessive grind and class imbalance. But it is for the best. The stakes will go up higher. If Ion fails badly (which he will, mark my words) despite the increased development time - he will most definetely be dishonarably discharged from Blizz, which should've been done long ago.

A fitting, if a bit sad, end to an all around mediocre game director.

No changes is a joke, classic could have really sustained with some changes and balancing, instead of falling of a cliff
    Maybe, maybe not. But #nochanges was a community demand.

this ! We are past the half of March and still no sign for Shadowlands Alpha....feels more appropriately to say that 2021 is plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by HitlaryCunton View Post
    this ! We are past the half of March and still no sign for Shadowlands Alpha....feels more appropriately to say that 2021 is plausible.
    Why do people keep thinking this when encrypted alpha builds are being pushed like once/twice weekly? Plus it's not like they'll listen to feedback anyway unless you make a huge enough stink about it. I mean, we JUST got BoA essences, and they didn't even do it correctly, and we've been asking for that since 8.2 was on PTR.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    With the Coronavirus around, a delay is not unlikely. Heck if it flares again at fall as some expect, we might get no Blizzcon.
    Pretty sure we won't have Blizzcon this year. That's an event for what, ten thousand people? Not going to happen because the risk is just too high. All (major) fairs and even the biggest sports events have been cancelled (heck they moved the UEFA 2020 to 2021 and Olympic Games most likely will get postponed as well). Sure, November is more than half a year away but we'll most likely neither have a cure nor a vaccine for Covid-19 so having these massive gatherings will be incredibly dangerous. One person with undetected Corona is enough to make it spread again.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure we won't have Blizzcon this year. That's an event for what, ten thousand people? Not going to happen because the risk is just too high. All (major) fairs and even the biggest sports events have been cancelled (heck they moved the UEFA 2020 to 2021 and Olympic Games most likely will get postponed as well). Sure, November is more than half a year away but we'll most likely neither have a cure nor a vaccine for Covid-19 so having these massive gatherings will be incredibly dangerous. One person with undetected Corona is enough to make it spread again.
    Most likely this year Blizzcon would have value only for people that goes there and meet with community. Because (realistically) what we could expect this year?

- Hearthstone/HoTS usual update
    - more details about Diablo 4/Overwatch 2 and pre-orders + release window for both
    - talk about 9.1&9.1.5 + maybe small glimpse little further
    - Classic BC reveal

That's about it, to be honest.

Even if they would need to delay, they actually have a valid reason.

And to everyone claiming that its just as easy to work from home and no negative with it, most work better from home, do you actually belive companys spend a shit load of money on a big headquarters with electricity cost and everything if everyone could do just as good working from home.
    Last edited by Raven; 2020-03-19 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Most likely this year Blizzcon would have value only for people that goes there and meet with community. Because (realistically) what we could expect this year?

- Hearthstone/HoTS usual update
    - more details about Diablo 4/Overwatch 2 and pre-orders + release window for both
    - talk about 9.1&9.1.5 + maybe small glimpse little further
    - Classic BC reveal

That's about it, to be honest.
    That's true, this year's Blizzcon would be unspectacular. No new games would be announced, all they could talk about would just be stuff that's added to existing games (HS expansion, WoW patch, Diablo 4 development news). I mean we weren't even sure in another thread if they planned a Blizzcon at all because of the bookings of the convention center but with Corona I don't expect a Blizzcon at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    And to everyone claiming that its just as easy to work from home and no negative with it, most work better from home, do you actually belive companys spend a shit load of money on a big headquarters with electricity cost and everything if everyone could do just as good working from home.
    Under normal circumstances I'd say people work better / good in home office. But not during a "crisis". I find it pretty naive to think Corona doesn't affect digital businesses at all. Corona affects everyone at this point, in one way or another.