10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I mean, no offense but that's pretty rich coming from an Israeli.

When do you folks plan to stop your illegal settlement building in the West Bank, and demolish all the ones there? Because my country, the United States, has taken far, far too many bullets in the international community (namely the UN) for your people - another country mind you - to be building homes there. Why should we take the heat for something you people do that for decades we have expressly told you not to do. Why shouldn't we just let you bare the consequences of it yourselves?

Israel, by building those illegal settlements, shows it takes the support of my country for granted. Support that if it didn't have, it would find its geopolitical position, its access to technology and markets and security, all substantially reduced. Simply put, a country with a population of 8.7 million people in the corner of the Mediterranean Sea and a GDP of just $350 billion, isn't going to be a power player all by itself.

Israel building illegal settlements and then expecting we shield them from the consequences is the very definition of "winging it and relying on aid".

Make no mistake: Israel is a valued ally, but this is a dramatically unequal relationship between the most powerful country in the world and a de facto client state. And my country taking lumps for your country over something that is emphatically illegal and we're in decades-long disagreement over is pretty fucking old.
    I, personally, think that settlements are a waste of resources that could have been put elsewhere at the moment. But their political value can't be underappreciated, it's a great eventual trading card for when both sides finally stop dicking around and actually get to the table in good faith (in 50 years from by the looks of it), that's for sure.

But then, despite not being a fan of Netanyahu's government (and not because of settlements, but because of his shithead coalition partners that rob us blind), I think he really did good by capitalizing on US electing a moron for president.

Overall Israel will keep doing settlements simply because it is a great future insurance for eventual peace process, as well as an effective pressure tool to put the other side to the table, because they are running out of time.

Nobody in the right mind expect much of these settlements to remain or be annexed (except for some complete cray cray extreme right-wing nuts who buy into Netanyahu's election direct and indirect pledges to annex time and again, something he did not do for a good decade in power, because for all his failings, he's not an idiot). But on the other hand, there is a decent reason for Israel to keep building them and what's better than a president that keeps giving one gift after another.

This won't be changing much with Biden, either.

But that's a wrong thread for this shit, buddy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    God fucking damn it, the reason for the lack of solidarity are the same people that say every country needs to prepare for it on its own, just look at the lack of solidarity in the EU.

Our own government that is now praised for its handling (mostly by nationalists from other countries) are the reason why we weren't prepared better because they not only ripped a huge hole in our healthcare system and got rid of the emergency response agency that would handle situations like these but also treated the personnel working in the healthcare system and treatment of elderly almost like criminals but at least like unwanted vermin.
    Because that's how reality works, bud. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Countries that were prepared - getting off considerably easier, countries who bought into this "solidarity" crap in hopes of being bailed out, get hammered.

That's how humanity worked for thousands of years, I find it hilarious people think something has suddenly changed in last 50 years.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Because that's how reality works, bud. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    "Solidarity isn't working just look at the EU" - the people responsible for the lack of solidarity in the EU

You: That's how reality works bud.

Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

When was the last time a virus got started in our neck of the woods that spread rapidly throughout the world invisibility, that threatened to kill your loved ones via carriers who didn't even know they were sick?

My democratic capitalist-driven country in fact, has never been in this position.
    Your country is responsible for the biggest pandemic the world has ever seen, in 1918.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Like 99% of people dead in Italy had other diseases before so your pretty fucking safe if your in good shape and the majority of those where elderly people.
    That is true. But I am concerned about my wife, who is not healthy. Myself, I am as my wife puts it, disgustingly healthy. But I am taking extra precautions to prevent her from getting sick. More people who have less concerns about getting sick themselves, should be concerned about infecting others.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    "Solidarity isn't working just look at the EU" - the people responsible for the lack of solidarity in the EU

You: That's how reality works bud.

I mean, Germany pretty much put a ban on exports of medical equipment even to member states and it's the no.1 Europeran dream of solidarity and happiness country in the whole EU.

Me and people like me are to blame? Ha ha, ok bud, just you wait I'm going to make a call to Merkel to release those shipments.

talk to a friend on the internet in India easily, or drive from Germany to Italy easily. This is probably the end of that as we know it.
    Haha! You seriously think either of these two things could end? Thats literally impossible, the internet isnt ever going away anymore, and neither is the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by The Scourge of Azuremyst View Post
    Your country is responsible for the biggest pandemic the world has ever seen, in 1918.
    The Spanish Flu? No one knows where it originated. There are many theories, with the US being one, and China being another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    That is true. But I am concerned about my wife, who is not healthy. Myself, I am as my wife puts it, disgustingly healthy. But I am taking extra precautions to prevent her from getting sick. More people who have less concerns about getting sick themselves, should be concerned about infecting others.
    This is a good attitude, because what people seem to not be getting that even aside from that 1% chance to kick the bucket, there is a greater chance of getting permanent lung function complications that may bite you in the ass down the road if something like this happens again.

So yes, people should not buy into this "i'm young, I'm invincible to virus" crap, because you might be getting a damage to your lungs that won't be easily healed and will let itself be known down the road when you're 50.

I, personally, know for sure I won't die, but getting permanent complications that can happen like with every inflammation of this kind is a much scarier prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    The Spanish Flu? No one knows where it originated. There are many theories, with the US being one, and China being another.
    It originated in Kansas.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Most recent reports point towards it being a side effect of having thousands of soldiers from all over the world stuck in cold, damp, filthy trenches for months, exposed to all kinds of chemicals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I can understand that and I hope she stays safe.
    Do you hear the voices too?

This thread is starting to becoming more and more moronic by drowning into nationalistic bullshit.
    Gaidax, you are starting to sound more like Bibi and honestly quite hypocratical. Skroe on the other hand is droning about how USA will gloriously rise and make China & Co pay.
    Can you both kindly go take a chill pill, please? What you both are doing is playing the blame game when it does not matter anymore. The virus is out, the virus is spreading, screaming about China hiding it until it it was too late helps no one, it just feeds the petty need for revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    I hope this breaks and destroys the last bits of the EU delusion, with the currency as well.

It has been failing since 2008 and it does not deserve to survive this. Move on and make new transnational agreements that are in sync with the reality we live in.
    I sometimes wonder from where people like you are crawling out from.
    Oh, yes, lets have ANOTHER crisis, why not! Because that is exactly what would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I sometimes wonder from where people like you are crawling out from.
    Oh, yes, lets have ANOTHER crisis, why not! Because that is exactly what would happen.
    From the same country as you.
    The crisis is here. It has been here for a long time. This just shines the light on the moles.

Quote Originally Posted by Abordage View Post
    I'm just sick and tired of all this noise about coronaviruse. Wake me up when it ends.
    Said a burner account who PURPOSEFULLY came into a thread about the coronavirus.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    Where's Jason Voorhees when you need him...

The crisis is here. It has been here for a long time. This just shines the light on the moles.
    If you dont like how things are going, you can always move to Russia.

10+ Year Old Account
    He is right, the last thing we need is an institutional crisis on top of an economic and healthcare crisis. There are things that work within the EU and things that do not, throwing away the baby with the bathwater is never the solution, especially when your answer is something that is unrealistic or will take years to decades to have a workable alternative.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I mean, Germany pretty much put a ban on exports of medical equipment even to member states and it's the no.1 Europeran dream of solidarity and happiness country in the whole EU.

Me and people like me are to blame? Ha ha, ok bud, just you wait I'm going to make a call to Merkel to release those shipments.
    Wow, someone has a twisted view of Germany.

Yes, people like you, not you yourself, reading, try it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    every person that has spoken this way needs to be arrested, beaten within an inch of their life, and injected with corona. then dumped in the wilderness with broken legs.
    [Infraction]

lol this gem of a post within a day of you saying someone else wasn't mature........
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    That's the guy they were showing on national news here yesterday when talking about how some Americans in Florida still were not taking this seriously. He's going to get his 5 minutes of fame for all the wrong reasons, i don't envy his situation on the job market after all this.