Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    IDK, personally I never really think about short term spending and which money is allocated where and torwards what products, such as food. I can't remeber the last time I looked at the price of gas either, all I know is if it's a necessesity than there's not much to think about, gotta have it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nothing. Stick it in savings.

Might as well donate it. I make enough money as it is, and I don't need handouts.

It will go into costs associated with moving across the country later this year
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Boeing stocks look pretty interesting if they're still below 100 by the time any checks clear

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    Toilet Paper
    So basically a 4 pack from the black market since that's like the going rate for TP right now lol

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Not a millionaire and not eligible for the check. =(
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    I'm pretty sure I won't be getting one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Seeing $75k as being the threshold for single filers, $150k for married filing jointly. Kinda blows, my wife is just under $75k but we file jointly and are over the $150k mark.
    Quote Originally Posted by omerome View Post
    So there's an income limit for the supposed stimulus check, but not one when the GOP gave a huge windfall to the rich and the big corporations back in 2017 with their tax breaks?
    The income limit was pushed to $250k for joint filers. Pretty sure you guys don't exceed that $250k mark if you're a gamer and on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    Probably use it to pay the taxes we owe this year, so basically giving it right back to the government.
    The IRS extended the deadline to pay to late June or late July (90 days) with 0 interest or penalties. The only catch is you have to file by April 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post

The income limit was pushed to $250k for joint filers. Pretty sure you guys don't exceed that $250k mark if you're a gamer and on these forums.

The IRS extended the deadline to pay to late June or late July (90 days) with 0 interest or penalties. The only catch is you have to file by April 15

I'm pretty sure I know what me and my wife make -- I've mentioned it on this forum a number of times. This is most recently:

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    I was going by this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/LateStageCa...rall_cost_you/

I have an annual household income of just over $250,000. I assume the 4% is used to cover the jobs that do not offer insurance to their employees?
    Yeah we're not getting the $1000.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    I just want to know "hOw ArE tHEy GoINg To PaY fOr It?"

Now all of a sudden die hard capitalist are signing the praises of Communist Venezuela...

Yeah, a bit hyperbolic, but after years of hearing how we can't have some basic things like Universal Health Care it is warranted.
    I'm definitely a capitalist, but I've been in favor of UBI for years. The health of an economy, especially local, is based on the frequency of transactions. And it's a simple fact that people who are living on the edge spend what they get, because that margin between what they need and what they make is much more slim. As opposed to millionaires, whose response will be to invest and gather more money. Invest in the ground up, gradually increase minimum wage, and ease bankruptcy policies for students and working poor as well as expand cut offs for supplemental benefits, alongside a robust public option. Then the market is going to really take off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Boeing stocks look pretty interesting if they're still below 100 by the time any checks clear
    I plan on buying heavily if it approaches $20 or $30.

The current crisis doesn't change the fact that the 737 is likely to be fixed in the next little bit and many fleets around the world have aging aircraft that can only be replaced by the 737 and the A320. Boeing failing would be the loss of a strategic asset to the US. The government would never let it happen.

In a few years it'll be well over $200 again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I plan on buying heavily if it approaches $20 or $30.

The current crisis doesn't change the fact that the 737 is likely to be fixed in the next little bit and many fleets around the world have aging aircraft that can only be replaced by the 737 and the A320. Boeing failing would be the loss of a strategic asset to the US. The government would never let it happen.

In a few years it'll be well over $200 again.
    I don't know if it's going to go down that far. Personally prepared to buy some up once it gets below 100, though I have plenty in my war chest if it ever does fall down that far. Most of my attention this week has been on some national restaurant and clothes chains with ok revenues that got absolutely chunked

As an individual? No I don't make a quarter of a million per year. Assuming it would be calculated off our 2018 tax returns then my wife and I would still be slightly over the limit. While a stimulus check would be nice, we're obviously not going to be upset about not getting one and will be happy if they help other less fortunate people make it through this crazy time.

10+ Year Old Account
    That’s awfully presumptive considering this is a message board based on a 15+ Year old MMO, which is based on a what, a 25 or 30 year old video game franchise? Several posters have account dates over a decade old. Probably a lot of late 30, early 40 somethings here with tech, IT, or engineering backgrounds. But yeah, most probably aren’t there, my wife and I included, though we’re well north of $150k
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2020-03-19 at 11:40 AM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

It didn't happen under him though, in enactment happened under Bush. Can't believe you couldn't figure that out. Show me a stimulus bill passed by congress in 2009 and signed by Obama to send out checks. Most of you were just kids when this happened so I don't fault for you for not knowing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just to continue the pile-on -- you do realize that not all gamers live in their parents' basement right? Many are quite successful and easily exceed that income threshold.

Here's an article just to give me some cred.

https://www.sciencealert.com/gamers-...on-study-shows
    https://www.bbc.com/news/business-49317440
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    It didn't happen under him though, in enactment happened under Bush. Can't believe you couldn't figure that out. Show me a stimulus bill passed by congress in 2009 and signed by Obama to send out checks. Most of you were just kids when this happened so I don't fault for you for not knowing.
    https://www.thebalance.com/arra-details-3306299
    The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 was a fiscal stimulus signed by President Barack Obama on February 17, 2009. It ended the Great Recession in July 2009.

Congress passed the bill based on President Obama's plan to put $787 billion into the pockets of American families and small businesses. That would boost demand and instill confidence. It was a necessary follow-up to President George W. Bush's plan, the Troubled Asset Recovery Program. TARP ended the 2008 financial crisis by bailing out large banks.
    But please, continue talking shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    https://www.thebalance.com/arra-details-3306299

But please, continue talking shit.
    Feel free to apologize. https://www.thebalance.com/stimulus-checks-3305750 It wasn't like the checks that was sent out under Bush unless you was on SSI or something like it.

Feel free to apologize. https://www.thebalance.com/stimulus-checks-3305750 It wasn't like the checks that was sent out under Bush unless you was on SSI or something like it.
    These checks went to more than 52 million beneficiaries of certain federal programs.

Now let's go take a look at your claim:

Just to confirm to everyone, Obama didn't send out Checks, he even put a stop to the Bush tax cuts.
    Now, I'm not a mathematician...but 52 million checks is still more than 0 checks, right?

Yeah, I wouldn't hold your breathe for that apology.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2020-03-19 at 02:47 PM.

Now let's go take a look at your claim:

Now, I'm not a mathematician...but 52 million checks is still more than 0 checks, right?
    Now you're moving goalpost, we was talking about the same types of checks Bush sent out and that Trump is talking about sending out, not SSI boost

Now you're moving goalpost, we was talking about the same types of checks Bush sent out and that Trump is talking about sending out, not SSI boost
    No, I'm not moving shit. You are. I'm called you out on your claim that Obama didn't send out any checks and now you are trying to add modifiers to that statement after the fact.

No, Obama's stimulus package was not the same as the stimulus package Bush put out...but he still sent out 52 million checks.

So, once again, is 52 million a larger number than 0?

No, I'm not moving shit. You are. I'm called you out on your claim that Obama didn't send out any checks and now you are trying to add modifiers to that statement after the fact.

No, Obama's stimulus package was not the same as the stimulus package Bush put out...but he still sent out 52 million checks.

So, once again, is 52 million a larger number than 0?
    Well sorry you misunderstood I was talking about Checks like Bush did, now that is clarified you shouldn't complain.