“House of Ideas”

This sjw woke bs is laughable. I stopped reading marvel a while ago. It's obvious they gave gone full stupid.

The movies through Far From Home have been great. Some references and representation, like the gay guy in Endgame. But not beating anyone over the head with it.

What I'm hearing about the next phase though sounds like typical Left coast preaching

Is New Warriors a parody of Gen Z? I feel like it's a parody because none of the characters are presented in a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    Tessa Thompson Confirms Christian Bale Will Play the Villain in 'Thor: Love and Thunder'
    https://www.etonline.com/media/video...ve-and-thunder
    About time that man got sucked into the MCU.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Is New Warriors a parody of Gen Z? I feel like it's a parody because none of the characters are presented in a good way.
    from the incredibly little I've read about them ya there more or less suppose to be parody to reflect modern day kids. apparently the original new warriors were suppose to do the same but be edgy and 90's but I've never read any of it so i wouldn't know.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I won't rest until I see Captain Gengerstudies.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phanius View Post
    This sjw woke bs is laughable. I stopped reading marvel a while ago. It's obvious they gave gone full stupid.

The movies through Far From Home have been great. Some references and representation, like the gay guy in Endgame. But not beating anyone over the head with it.

What I'm hearing about the next phase though sounds like typical Left coast preaching
    I agree. having gay/lesbian/bi characters is fine, having characters who are trans is fine (it is the 21st century and all) but yeah don't bash us over the head with it. they are first and foremost superheroes. their sexual preference/gender identity doesn't really matter at the end of the day.

I remember reading about how a deleted scene was cut from Jurassic World 2 (yeah i know not MCU but still relevant) about Owen Grady flirting with the zoologist chick and she tells him "no thanks, I'm gay". so people (probably about 6 or 7 of them) were upset about it but it was completely irrelevant to her character and it shouldn't be her defining characteristic.
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2020-03-19 at 01:35 AM.

New Warriors wasn't too bad when it first came out...

Its like Batman was called "dead Parents".

This sounds like something they'd make up for April Fools to have a good laugh at themselves, but it seems to be 100% genuine.

Which is bizarre because it's not only financial suicide, it's also exactly the OPPOSITE of how to deal with diversity. Why would you take people who are different and put them on display for their differences. That's... insanity.

I just listened to that yt...."Snowflake" and Safeplace?" WTF???

And just when I thought it couldn't get any worse...

5+ Year Old Account
    This is a joke, right? Right???

Why would they do this? Aren't they, like, a business, or something, like, that??
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPim9J08Yz8

Oh, my lawd..
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2020-03-19 at 03:23 AM.

I couldn't believe that guy in the video kept a straight face while saying that stuff. They learned absolutely nothing when the remade all the heroes as women and minorities. It's a double edged sword. Comic fans want their heroes to stay their heroes. They say just make new characters for your agendas. Welp, here they are.

I saw a different article about it and my favorite response was: They'll be easy to defeat--just missgender them.

Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    The problem is these writers are not really writers. Politics and agendas have long been part of comics, but they stories were good and the agendas and politics were typically subtle and often open to multiple interpretations.
    Captain America's whole storyline is anything but subtle, and he's the main figure of Marvel nowadays

On this New Warriors shit... Well, at least had a good laugh. No problem with "Snowflake" being non-binary or whatever, just don't define this character like that. What's his superpower ? His story ? Who cares, he's non-binary !

I still can't get over "experimental internet gas". Imagine having an origin story that is worse than the scientfically illiterate go-to of "random radiation exposure" of 70+ years ago.

Surely this is an early April Fools, you can't tell me Marvel comics actually wants to cease to exist after the desastrous relaunch of their terribad characters in recent times. Someone there actually has to have at least a little bit of a wish to make money and ensure they have a job in the future.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

If they are reclaiming names and what not wouldn't Trailblazer have made more sense being called Thunder Thighs?

New New Warriors is so bad it gave me Super Corona AID's Cancer in my asshole!

God Safespace and Snowflake... are you kidding me

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I hate Quartering and Heel v Baby face and as much as I wish those two would fall off a cliff sometime in the near future, Marvel brought this on themselves by creating a mockery of diversity, It was literally like these heroes were created by right wing man babys to 'own the SJW's'

Who are their villains? 'White Privilege' and 'Toxic Masculinity'?

I swear these new heroes were created by a bunch of middle aged white men in a board meeting in a 'hello my fellow kids' moment

I am sure there were good intentions. But the execution is damn near laughable cringe. Wanna create non binary characters, fine, how about hire some actual non binary writers and artists

I know Marvel has pissed off the LGBTQ community with this and that's a mistake when you are pissing off the people you are trying to cater to :P

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    I couldn't believe that guy in the video kept a straight face while saying that stuff. They learned absolutely nothing when the remade all the heroes as women and minorities. It's a double edged sword. Comic fans want their heroes to stay their heroes. They say just make new characters for your agendas. Welp, here they are.

I saw a different article about it and my favorite response was: They'll be easy to defeat--just missgender them.
    To be fair some of those were good and executed well within the terms of the story. X-23 as Wolverine was one of the best comics around at the time and was fitting considering Wolverine was dead and they literally built Laura up so well over time. I enjoyed Sam Wilson as Captain America too.

My girlfriend enjoyed Jane Foster as Thor, I wasnt that fond of it but I never really liked Thor comics in general lol.

The only ones that were pulled off badly were Riri Williams filling in for Iron Man as Ironheart and Amadeus Cho as Hulk nothing against Cho I love his character but he sucked within the confines of this Hulk run. :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-03-19 at 01:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    New New Warriors is so bad it gave me Super Corona AID's Cancer in my asshole!

God Safespace and Snowflake... are you kidding me
    I mean...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    If they are reclaiming names and what not wouldn't Trailblazer have made more sense being called Thunder Thighs?
    How is thunder thighs a derogatory name? It's quite opposite

Marvel wasn't even good enough when it wasn't catering to demographics back in the 90's and early 2000's. Aside from X-Men and Spider-man, all its titles were considered lame next to DC's big hitters and didn't sell as well.