Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Let dudes die in front of main boss, ress them with orb/CR before coming in to last boss
    They have to tag the last boss of each district and the last boss to get their achievement.

It just means you don't know how to do it painlessly. There are tricks that classes can use, even melee ones.

For example demo lock doesn't need to move a single step with mage boss.
    Still, someone like me who had big issues doing it with LF active, breezed through it when LF wasnt active (meaning the other two, in your opinion harder madnesses, were active).

I'll stick to the opinion that LF is the worst, because my progress shows it. Not everyone is galaxybrain on their class.

Got Mad World and the meta achievement yesterday. It was the goal I had set for myself when coming back to the game in 8.3, so yey, i reached it! Will continue with a weekly 5-4-3 mask for the corruptions and the MEMEntos. GL to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    At this point you can easily do a full 5 mask run with all mementos and crystals without even using an orb, which allows you to go around a bit in the visions and explore.
    Or be me, waste 3 vessels in a few minutes.
    First : getting distracted while starting with mage quarter, died in a stunlock on the abom, zero completion.
    Second : Go my normal route, dodge blade flourish get stuck between a lamppost and a wall, can't get out.

Third : Go my normal route, eat k'bab before shaw, get feared at the end, run into Shaw, mess up a split personnality while trying to dodge eyes and his aoe during stealth.

Had no issues the previous time, not my day
    Last edited by aethyc; 2020-03-19 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You don't need rank 3 in order to raid though. Rank 1 is relatively easy to obtain for all essences and is good enough for normal.
    It's not about "needing x, y or z". It's about meaningful progression. It is (was) impossible to meaningfully progress alts towards a given essence without doing the specific content it comes from.

This is very rare in wow terms, where you want something from a specific content type that doesn't translate at all into later patches or other content. The only regular examples anywhere close to the degree of impact as essences are unbalanced trinkets, and possibly relics from legion.

If your class's bis is conquest and you don't enjoy PvP on that all, you never have an upgrade path without taking part in undesirable content.

People may not *need* x to do y, but they do need motivation to keep doing y. The reward is part of the feedback loop. Very few people will keep doing y forever if you say "you can never get that important part of your character from y, only from z". It creates a space where the character feels "broken" before you start.. even if most people never actually "complete" their given character in a tier anyway.

The only reason they are harder than they should be is the added, thicc, layer of RNG over absolutely everything there. There are indeed a lot of mechanics but you get so angry at so much RNG you take much longer than normal to learn all the mechanics.

I do not enjoy visions, I do have Mad World but that is because I want gear more than because I want the randomproc challenges.
    I will continue to do them weekly for the super arbitrary infinite power progression they added to the visions, but I both wish I didnt have to as well as am glad I get a consistent way of getting corrupted gear.

God, this entire patch is just them creating horrible, random, massive problems and then finding fixes for them.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    At this point you can easily do a full 5 mask run with all mementos and crystals without even using an orb, which allows you to go around a bit in the visions and explore.
    Depends on your gear and your class/spec. I assure you what you've said is not true for everyone...and likely not even most.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    The only reason they are harder than they should be is the added, thicc, layer of RNG over absolutely everything there. There are indeed a lot of mechanics but you get so angry at so much RNG you take much longer than normal to learn all the mechanics.
    While I enjoy visions a lot, that's my biggest gripe with them too. It's so frustrating sometimes for the sake of being frustratring. SW with some overlaps in narrow corridors (split personality and the fear thing in a hallway, yikes) deserves a special mention. Oh, and as a caster I definitely enjoyed the executioner grabs into the split personality 5 seconds stun. I was so tilted I managed to die in a no masks run with a 460 alt.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2020-03-19 at 01:40 PM.

In this thread: "Mad world is so easy now"

Meanwhile: https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=14140/mad-world

Attained by 1% of profiles

Doesn't exactly strike me as easy.

Yes, because i can do it solo, then i wanna do and how i wanna do

I like the challenge.

I can 4 mask without using a single Orb... but I failed on 3 separate 5masks this week. I finally cleared a 5mask (barely, during the DDoS), and the sense of accomplish was amazing.

I love it. I'll probably do 1 4mask and 1 5mask each week and use the rest of my vessels for carry runs

Your water elemental is not affected by leaden foot so you can stand like a telephone pole in the middle of mage arena and you order your elemental to move his ass fast to mage thus canceling his channel.

Trash is never a challenge here. You run in as far as you can, aggro everything and mow them down. Dunno why leaden foot is a problem here. Since you don't loose time on trash anyways. Or you can use ur water elemental to pull trash to you.
    Umbric is not the problematic spot? I am talking about the Lost Areas in general. In Mage Quarter, I would pull everything from the entrance to the Warlock portal keeper but unfortunately, the Tumors get me in combat and make my speed 1% which means I cannot continue moving (and no you cannot send your Water Elemental to the other side of the map where you cannot see it and I'd get killed while waiting for it to go and come back even if I could). Which means that I have to kill each pack one by one. This doesn't make me struggle. But it makes me implement a different tactic. Which means I do notice it. Now tell me, are you able to simply ignore Leaden Foot in that situation and pull the entire zone somehow miraculously not getting slowed down by Leaden Foot? Or do you indeed kill mobs one by one and thus play around LF. If you were originally not pulling the entire zone and killing mobs one by one... then it's not that you weren't *noticing* Leaden Foot. You were simply underperforming.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Karl View Post
    I find this content so trivial that I'm trying to sell five mask runs but I've not figured out a way to stop the passive sanity drain from killing the carry before he can tag the boss.

I can manage getting each boss to spawn without using more then 2 orbs in sw but people with low cloaks simply bleed out from not gaining the bonus sanity from killing mini bosses with long night up.

As for your problem with movement... I'm doing this with a dk I'm assuming if your struggling with a mage your doing something horribly wrong.
    Hmm. Why do you think that if you are managing fine with DK, then it must be just as easy on a mage, considering that one is a caster and one is not? That is illogical. But even though mage is a caster, no I am not struggling. There is a big difference between struggling and "didn't notice it existed". You have to play around Leaden Foot. That means you notice it. My original post in this thread was quoting kaminaris, who was claiming not to have even noticed it (as a caster).

No poll? No I do not like them. Timed content where the reward is more time to do the timed content is boring, the visoons by their very design are repetitive, it is not fun or rewarding.

I decided to do full clear, and i mean FULL clear of SW today. Some interesting things I discovered:

- in Old Town inn there's a big pack inside. When you kill the mobs, a rare appears
    - in the canals wine shop there is a mob who makes wine out of blood
    - when you get near the Stormwind Keep (close to the void wall), Wrathion says "Not the keep, champion. This is the only vision I'd rather not see." (afraid to see what happened to Anduin?)
    - somewhere else in the canals there is a cat on some crates. When you kill a rat nearby, the rat changes into a human and the cat jumps down to eat him
    - i was trying to trigger the children in cathedral somehow, but to no avail

Sadly, nothing changed after above lol. Maybe the rare in Old Town can drop something, idk.

At first, I absolutely hated them. Now that I can slaughter my way through it and actually explore a little, I'm enjoying them.

Bad players should not be listened to by the devs.

Listen to hardcores. Listen to semi-hardcores. Listen to casuals.

Just never listen to bad players.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    In this thread: "Mad world is so easy now"

Meanwhile: https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=14140/mad-world

Attained by 1% of profiles

Doesn't exactly strike me as easy.
    All the people claiming 5 masks are easy are just trying to bait. Just ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    All the people claiming 5 masks are easy are just trying to bait. Just ignore them.
    With gear/skill/class, it's possible they are easy for a select few. The problem is those people trying to speak for a majority.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    With gear/skill/class, it's possible they are easy for a select few. The problem is those people trying to speak for a majority.
    It is easy for people that care about doing it, and have been doing visions and other difficult content for the past 2 months. The majority of the players don't even play the game, they farm mounts and transmog from 3 expansions ago - of course nothing relevant is going to be easy for them. But taking them in account is pointless.

The entrance price is too high and most mechanics are just annoying instead of genuinely fun

These years it feels blizzard is designing content with intent to infuriate and frustrate the player...