Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ok. I looked around to make sure I didnt miss anything. I still remain confused.

In Endgame, BW tells Hawkeye she didnt know her fathers name, but Red Skull did. In this movie, she seems to know and remember Ivan.

So are they saying that line didnt happen or is something going to happen between this movie and when she meets Hawkeye?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JDL49 View Post
    But that said whenever we do get back to "normal" social behavior there's going to be too much product waiting
    Yup, we're in for one hell of a summer... with 4 months worth of movies try to find a way to air, in about 6 weeks. Honestly, I think streaming is the way to go to relieve some of the burden. Then maybe do a "re-release" of some of the bigger movies (like BW) for short runs, over the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by G3 Ghost View Post
    Ok. I looked around to make sure I didnt miss anything. I still remain confused.
    Which character in the trailer is Ivan, Widow's potential father?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Yup, we're in for one hell of a summer... with 4 months worth of movies try to find a way to air, in about 6 weeks. Honestly, I think streaming is the way to go to relieve some of the burden. Then maybe do a "re-release" of some of the bigger movies (like BW) for short runs, over the summer.

Which character in the trailer is Ivan, Widow's potential father?
    Yep. That's Alexei. Nvm!

In Endgame, BW tells Hawkeye she didnt know her fathers name, but Red Skull did. In this movie, she seems to know and remember Ivan.

So are they saying that line didnt happen or is something going to happen between this movie and when she meets Hawkeye?
    Are you talking about Red Guardian? He isn’t her actual father.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. That's Alexei. Nvm!
    Yeah, didn't want to jump to any conclusions, but I assume that was who you were talking about.

To be fair, there is a LOT of talk of "family" in the trailer. Just happens to not be biological family...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Be fair.
    I once thought that Captain America would have been the most dull character in the MCU.
    Same, they wrote him very well and Chris Evans was born to play that role. He's been written and portrayed the way DC wishes it could do with Superman, which it hasn't really done since Superman The Movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Same, they wrote him very well and Chris Evans was born to play that role. He's been written and portrayed the way DC wishes it could do with Superman, which it hasn't really done since Superman The Movie.
    I could not agree more.

Better to have white widow a bit and after watch black one

5+ Year Old Account
    Looks like the moved the movie again, to July, I'm glad cuz by then most should have gotten teh vaccines n hopefully the cinemas will be open again..it's been over a year since I last was at the movies, not the same with a smaller screen..

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    imagine if they introduced the f4 into the MCU and evans came back as human torch.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    imagine if they introduced the f4 into the MCU and evans came back as human torch.
    honestly if they make a F4 movie and don't cast John Krasinski and Emily Blunt as Reed Richards and Sue Storm I will be disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    honestly if they make a F4 movie and don't cast John Krasinski and Emily Blunt as Reed Richards and Sue Storm I will be disappointed
    Rumor is currently that Emily Blunt turned down the role of Sue Storm, because she knows it'll be successful and she doesn't want to dedicate all that time to it. That's the rumor anyway. Last I heard though (before the F4 rumors) was that she was picking roles that she wanted to do because she still wanted to have a lot of time with her family and John.

Either way, take it with a grain of salt. Just don't get your hopes up for her being the role.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Rumor is currently that Emily Blunt turned down the role of Sue Storm, because she knows it'll be successful and she doesn't want to dedicate all that time to it. That's the rumor anyway. Last I heard though (before the F4 rumors) was that she was picking roles that she wanted to do because she still wanted to have a lot of time with her family and John.

Either way, take it with a grain of salt. Just don't get your hopes up for her being the role.
    oh I am sure they will find other people who will do the roles justice. I just think those two would be perfect. and yeah it is a big multi-movie commitment which some people don't like to sign up to

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Wasn’t Blunt also considered for the role of Black Widow originally, with it ultimately going to Johansen because of scheduling issues or something?
    Heard the same.
    Krasinski and Blunt as Richards wouldn't have been bad choices.

I mean it makes sense. It's a LOT of commitment to play a major role in the MCU at this point. I mean Eternals, sure, I don't expect a lot of longevity in the characters, but F4? That's going to be something that intersects and continues. I mean hell look at Bucky even. He's been around since phase 1 and I want to say he's been in 5 movies and a series, but more importantly was the span of time involved where he really can't change much of himself physically(not that everyone does that like Christian Bale, but I mean if he wanted to he really couldn't). If she really said that, I don't disagree with her in the least. It's definitely something people need to consider when taking a part. I highly doubt they'll do another War Machine level swap(granted there were actually several but they were lesser like one of Thor's buddies).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    oh I am sure they will find other people who will do the roles justice. I just think those two would be perfect. and yeah it is a big multi-movie commitment which some people don't like to sign up to
    I actually wish they saved Brie for this(granted when they cast her they didn't know) and had the actress that played Emma on Once Upon a Time play Captain Marvel. I feel like Brie has the frame and face for Sue while also the ability to pull the maternal role from what I've seen. I didn't hate Jessica Alba in the role, but she seemed a bit too fragile whereas Brie Larson would have had the right balance.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you saying meets up with Hawkeye in Endgame or in general? This movie as I recall takes place during the timeline of movies we've seen. I think it's somewhere after the fall of SHIELD or after Civil War. It's in the past, but not that far in the past.

Kind of related:

Vegas has odds on the casting of the FF:

https://thedisinsider.com/2020/12/19...antastic-four/

As of December, Krasinski and Blunt were still the favourites :P
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2021-03-28 at 04:35 AM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Kind of related:

Vegas has odds on the casting of the FF:

https://thedisinsider.com/2020/12/19...antastic-four/
    I feel terrible that I don't know who half of those are without needing to see their picture first (then it usually rings a bell). Interesting list nonetheless. I'd personally love to see Krasinski and Blunt be in it, but I don't see that as being feasible for those two. Out of the list for Torch I really hope they don't go for Efron or Garfield. Efron there is just something about him that I dislike and Garfield bugs me too and, one of the many reasons, I couldn't finish his version of Spider-Man movies.

As for "Thing" I don't think it'd bother me too much on who plays him. It would probably depend on how much of the movie is spent as him being a human. Though out of that list there are a couple I wouldn't mind seeing.

Aside from Reed / Sue the other role that I feel like would need to be perfectly cast is Doom's role. Doom can make/break the movie for me especially since he has a lot of potential and different storylines in the MCU that could intertwine with a lot of the other superheroes. In a sense it'd be like Thanos but on a bigger scale, imo. It's not like some villian's we see in the other movies where they can "throw them away" after one movie. Though with that said, if they were to do multiple FF movies Doom doesn't have to be in each or the center stage either. Just he has the potential to be a villain among most, kind of like how Kingpin shares multiple heroes too.

Aside from Reed / Sue the other role that I feel like would need to be perfectly cast is Doom's role. Doom can make/break the movie for me especially since he has a lot of potential and different storylines in the MCU that could intertwine with a lot of the other superheroes. In a sense it'd be like Thanos but on a bigger scale, imo. It's not like some villian's we see in the other movies where they can "throw them away" after one movie. Though with that said, if they were to do multiple FF movies Doom doesn't have to be in each or the center stage either. Just he has the potential to be a villain among most, kind of like how Kingpin shares multiple heroes too.
    Yeah, I feel that if they don't nail the casting for Doom this time around...they shouldn't even bother.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Yeah, I feel that if they don't nail the casting for Doom this time around...they shouldn't even bother.
    Gary Oldman for Dr Doom!

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Gary Oldman for Dr Doom!
    I feel he might be just a little old for the part. Doom and Reed should be approximately the same age.