Quote Originally Posted by Tulune View Post
    I have to be careful with checking vitals, because I can get stuck in a loop like with OCD and keep checking over and over and over. I only take my temp once a day, even though I am tempted to do more. I am terrified to go into work next week (I'm on vacation this week). I work in a potato chips factory, and not only do we have to go in an hour early every day, but they are trying to get us to work on the weekends now too. FFS, during a pandemic? All to make chips? I am so damn stressed right now. Sorry for the mini rant
    Ah, yeah, I would limit it to once a day as you are doing. Sorry if I was being presumptuous.

And I'm in a similar boat with work. Some coworkers have started calling out which puts more work on the shoulders of those of us still coming in and the build up in stress and exhaustion is NO DOUBT weakening our immune systems. The only good thing is that when I do, inevitably have to call out sick--whether it's from the virus or from stress-induced fatigue--they can't say jack shit about it.

My wife wants me to call out now, partially because she's worried about me but also because she's worried for herself (she already has a medical issue or two that would mean if she got the virus she'd be hit harder), but I have a pretty ingrained work ethic that keeps me going in until they tell us to stop or until I keel over.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    hmm..if that's the case. Trump and his admin better agree on people taking it. I'm sure most will take the vaccine, if people want to die cause of their anti-vaxxer beliefs, it's their fault.
    the problem is, not getting vaccines can and does affect EVERYONE that person comes into contact with, if it only affected themselves I wouldn't care one bit but they should not be allowed to run around spreading diseases, especially one as deadly to certain groups as covid is right now
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    There's quite a few people hurting already.

Small business owners who can't afford to pay their employees for time off. People who can't afford to take off.

People who aren't being laid off but not qualifying for unemployment. Imagine trying to get a job right now (or after) l.
    Many restaurants are either bankrupt or getting close to it. In China many got hurt very bad due to CNY festivals and big groups being banned. They usually invest a lot by ordering many supplies, only to be met with few customers and rotten surplus. T.T
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Resulting in very high rate of STDs among the old so doubt this virus is scaring them.
    Florida could of easily cracked down on Spring Breakers congregating on Beaches. Florida could of easily Closed the Beaches, the Florida Government should also be held responsible for their piss poor decisions.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by EnclosedOne View Post
    It's true, I've heard from a few people who work in elder care homes that they do get it on a lot and that results in a lot of std's going around, i guess when they're all basically stuck in one building with other what else are they gonna do?
    hmm..makes you wonder where the elderly are getting the stds from. LOL
    just shows that even old people get horny. :P

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Florida could of easily cracked down on Spring Breakers congregating on Beaches. Florida could of easily Closed the Beaches, the Florida Government should also be held responsible for their piss poor decisions.
    The republican states have mostly not taking this seriously see Matt Gaetz with his gas mask jokes, Devin Nunes telling people to go to restaurant or Donald Trump spending weeks making light of it. This administration and the GOP have bungled the entire response that's why most republicans still are not taking the virus seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by EnclosedOne View Post
    the problem is, not getting vaccines can and does affect EVERYONE that person comes into contact with, if it only affected themselves I wouldn't care one bit but they should not be allowed to run around spreading diseases, especially one as deadly to certain groups as covid is right now
    true true..people just need to lay low.
    I just read that college kids are flocking to Florida for vacay..despite cv warnings.
    No....common....sense..

I really feel like the US is going to be one of the hardest hit countries for this. Weeks of having the most popular news network in the country telling people that "it's just a cold" or that "It's the safest time to fly" (thanks fox news) really can't have a great effect on actually making people stay home. The number of confirmed cases is rising dramatically. Definitely could see this being a full blown disaster, especially with people still going to the polls for elections in the coming weeks.

I'm hoping my hard training on NEET skills over the years will spare me from the infection.

Quarantine? I have been basically doing that for years. There is a food store basically just outside and, considering my lifestyle, is only place I would get the virus. I wash my hands after I get back home. I also visit the store early in the morning when there is basically no one else in there. My own guess is that my chance of getting the virus is low.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    I really feel like the US is going to be one of the hardest hit countries for this. Weeks of having the most popular news network in the country telling people that "it's just a cold" or that "It's the safest time to fly" (thanks fox news) really can't have a great effect on actually making people stay home. The number of confirmed cases is rising dramatically. Definitely could see this being a full blown disaster, especially with people still going to the polls for elections in the coming weeks.
    Well...the really fooked up part about our social media and govt, is that for awhile we downplayed it. Now, many still believe it's just a flu *because of the initial info output by our own govt and Fox news* it didn't help either having social media platforms spreading misinformation as well. While countries like Taiwan and South Korea got on the ball pretty quick, we were slacking hard.

Also for awhile, even IN the gov't, nobody could agree on anything..even our own president disagreeing with experts. Which is quite sad. Fox news, being the trump filled bullshit program that it is, was spilling out lies left and right. Sure, now they changed their tune completely but out of what Trump is saying. If Trump hadn't changed his mind regarding the virus, Fox still would be spreading misinformation and leading American people astray. T.T
    Last edited by Muajin76; 2020-03-20 at 01:19 AM.

hmm..if that's the case. Trump and his admin better agree on people taking it. I'm sure most will take the vaccine, if people want to die cause of their anti-vaxxer beliefs, it's their fault.
    I think we are getting ahead of ourselves though there is still no federal response to the virus at the moment it's every state for itself each with different policies. We have lost precious weeks I fear it's too little too late the virus will wash through us to quote the president and a lot of people will pay the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    I'm hoping my hard training on NEET skills over the years will spare me from the infection.

Quarantine? I have been basically doing that for years. There is a food store basically just outside and, considering my lifestyle, is only place I would get the virus. I wash my hands after I get back home. I also visit the store early in the morning when there is basically no one else in there. My own guess is that my chance of getting the virus is low.
    I have a supermarket right across from my building. Most people i know are staying inside, having sex, watching movies and gaming. *with some eating/cleaning now and then*

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Show me one person saying this.... literally no one..... Nor is the media.
    I actually did run into someone calling it the end of the human species. When I mentioned we've been through worse, they argued against that too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi
    I'm showing symptoms now, calling the hospital tomorrow if they will test me.
    Good luck! You've been having a rough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76
    People need to respect their grandparents, even the semi senile ones.
    I resemble that remark!
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Europa, China and America will be the hardest hit, in that order. If China's current figures hold you may have to swap it and America on that list but that's highly questionable.

It might also be that the list could end looking like: Italy, rest of Europe, China and America because things in Italy are that bad and because of the age of it's population it's going to get worse over there despite the fact it's taken the 2nd most extreme measures of any country in the world.

I sincerely doubt things will get as bad in the United States as they have in Europe even despite the fact people are being so stupid as to go in large crowds on the Florida beaches and even though the US government still has not imposed the widespread lockdowns occurring right now in Europe. Certainly the testing has ramped up in the United States by a significant amount but the death toll is lower then that of France.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2020-03-20 at 01:26 AM.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I think we are getting ahead of ourselves though there is still no federal response to the virus at the moment it's every state for itself each with different policies. We have lost precious weeks I fear it's too little too late the virus will wash through us to quote the president and a lot of people will pay the price.
    Ahh..OK.
    I was hoping at this point, the federal response would be loud and very visible in the news. Guess not. T.T
    I do know that some governors have taken the matters and initiative regardless, to handle things in their state. I think that's awesome. sad..but awesome. *the sad part is due to lack of federal response to the situation*

Now you have our dear pumpkin president saying he's been taking it seriously from the start, which makes me laugh and wonder how stupid he must look in the eyes of the American people. I do wonder though...how many of his republicans will still back him, even after getting poor response regarding outbreaks in their home states. I'm fortunate enough to be in Beijing, but have family back home *Wis and NH* and worry about them greatly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmouse View Post
    Good luck! You've been having a rough time.

I resemble that remark!
    resemble or resent?:P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Europa, China and America will be the hardest hit, in that order. If China's current figures hold you may have to swap it and America on that list but that's highly questionable.

It might also be that the list could end looking like: Italy, rest of Europe, China and America because things in Italy are that bad and because of the age of it's population it's going to get worse over there despite the fact it's taken the 2nd most extreme measures of any country in the world.

I sincerely doubt things will get as bad in the United States as they have in Europe even despite the fact people are being so stupid as to go in large crowds on the Florida beaches and even though the US government still has not imposed the widespread lockdowns occurring right now in Europe. Certainly the testing has ramped up in the United States by a significant amount but the death toll is lower then that of France.
    I do know that Chinese media is reporting almost no cases recently *wechat health app as well as media*. A few provinces are reporting new cases here and there. Beijing has gotten quite a few in the past 2 weeks, all from outside of the country. *I'm assuming they are infected Chinese returning from other countries*

resemble or resent?:P
    God I feel old

I always hear Curly saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I always hear Curly saying that.
    Yea lol.

On a more On-topic note.

Went shopping today. Grocery store was out of: pasta, vanilla ice cream, flour, milk, TP, mac n cheese (just the cheap boxes, plenty of deluxe), all mild and hot sauces.... but they had taco bell fire sauce so win for me, beans except for spicy refried (another win for me), rice, and all non-ground beef products. Probably a bunch of other things that i didn't really think to look for too.

Walmart had a huge stock of TP though.

Stood in the Fire Grand Phoenix's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    One of the gas stations my father and I go to for water/chips/tea/beer and cigs is price gouging the bread and toilet paper. Almost five bucks on white bread and seven on a four-pack of TP.

I wonder how long it'll take the authorities to come down on them as soon as they're informed (which they have been)?