View Poll Results: Do you believe the bonus for War Mode when turning in dailies is proportional?

Voters
105. This poll is closed
  • Yes its fine the way it is, dont touch it.

28 26.67%
  • No, Blizzard needs to increase the rewards

19 18.10%
  • I always keep War Mode on despite the rewards

21 20.00%
  • I will never turn War Mode on

37 35.24%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    To me, yes it's worth it...I get ganked at times, but it sets me back roughly 1 minute.. .and 10% increase is 10% increase. Considering these applies to quests that are dailies even if I lost 20 minutes it allows me to gain 10% extra that day regardless. Same applies to WQ's etc etc...

However, I do find it retarded that they tie bonus rewards to it especially when it's skewed as it is... War Mode is fine in of itself, rewards are not.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2020-03-20 at 08:01 AM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

It's on only when leveling. I'm never turning this thing on again, couldn't care less for a measly 10%.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    However, I do find it retarded that they tie bonus rewards to it especially when it's skewed as it is... War Mode is fine in of itself, rewards are not.
    SO you came up with the idea of warmode that streamlines the activity of world pvp.

Warmode is now a game mode (or a "zone" for players to be in)

And you want this "zone" to be populated without any kind of reward?
    When was ever a "zone" populated whitout rewards? Never

You cant just create "warmode" and call it a day...

There's should be no bonus at all. This way only players who interested in WPvP will turn it on. Stop forcing PvE players into this PvP crap.

The boost needs to be significantly higher for me to want to keep it on. I can't even remember the amount it gives but being just ganked(and that is the point.. it's being ganked or griefed by groups of players) once causes me to waste more time flying back to my corpse and possibly getting corpse camped.

WoW really needs to just keep PvE and PvP completely separate. If people really want to PvP, then have special premade toons for them to pick and let them go at it inside BGs and Arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Stop forcing PvE players into this PvP crap.
    But thats exactly how World PvP EVER worked. Since day 1

World PvP is a player doing PvE and getting killed by a psychopath-ingame.

Blizzard decided to accomodate and streamline the "psychopath's" hobby.
    This is the way to do it.

War Mode has made it clear that the Alliance will be the favorite of Blizzard going forward. No matter how many Alliance are using War Mode, they ALWAYS have the better rewards and bonus. It makes War Mode absolute fucking trash and has caused me to further lose faith in Blizzard.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    I turn it on for herbing, because killing a ten druid mutiboxer with one eye beam is hilarious.
    I find it just a fun to dismount one of the toons and watch them try to get it back in line only for someone else to be dismounted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    As Horde on an Alliance-dominated RP shard? Hell no. We get ganked while they get the bonus thanks to it being region and not realm wide.

On the bright side what Alliance are there aren’t very good.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    War Mode has made it clear that the Alliance will be the favorite of Blizzard going forward. No matter how many Alliance are using War Mode, they ALWAYS have the better rewards and bonus. It makes War Mode absolute fucking trash and has caused me to further lose faith in Blizzard.
    Only alliance having an extra quest is kinda messed up, i agree.

Is also messed up to have quests to kill players without a group-restiction so it can only be done "solo".
    Group PvP is a lie.

There is only solo-pvp.
    That is the TRUE world pvp experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    SO you came up with the idea of warmode that streamlines the activity of world pvp.

Warmode is now a game mode (or a "zone" for players to be in)

And you want this "zone" to be populated without any kind of reward?
    When was ever a "zone" populated whitout rewards? Never

You cant just create "warmode" and call it a day...
    Give it PvP rewards? You know the reason why people most do PvP... get extra honor from quests, WQ's you name it. PvP currency etc etc...
    No reason whatsoever to tie extra PvE rewards in a PvP mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Give it PvP rewards? You know the reason why people most do PvP... get extra honor from quests, WQ's you name it. PvP currency etc etc...
    No reason whatsoever to tie extra PvE rewards in a PvP mode.
    There is no PvP-rewards...thats the problem.
    There is no PvP gear...there are no PvP vendors...

There is only "Honor" which is the most unfinshed, abandoned, alpha version of a concept in the entire game.

Never seen such a crap concept in my entire life.

You mean having Warmode just to complete the conquest cap?

I've had it on ever since late Uldir. It's massively overrewarding for time gated rewards, and the ganking is a bit annoying but doesn't change that. Would be great if they'd just get rid of the extra rewards and leave WM for the people who enjoy WPvP, but then it'd be dead because it relies on people like me being there as "victims" for the WPvPers.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I have a bunch of alts, and for one or two of my alliance toons I have WM on. When I do log into those toons I only do the cooking and fishing dailies with them and they stay in Stormwind and maybe visit the Faire when its on.

As horde, yes, just turn it on, you will always outnumber allys and its basicly pve mode with extra bonuses.

For ally, my answer is 90% yes. I don't get ganked often, infact i think my k/d ratio is probobly around 10:1 when playing in group. Its crazy fun to just kill every filthy horde in sight. And when im solo i don't really seek out fights so i dont die that much then either. The offset of dying occasionally is still minor compared to the 25-30% more rewards.

The 10% no is if you need to kill rares. Its really annoying to kill rare spawns as ally in warmode. So if ur after mounts you should probboly turn wm off.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

People saying there should be no bonus at all in WM should just stop posting.
    I don't know what to say, that's just ... dumb.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    Trying to see what everyones thoughts are on this. I asked some guildies, some say they wont turn it on at all, others say they just keep it on despite the bonus. Another factor that came up in said conversation was, the bonus isn't sufficient enough to make them want to turn it on.

So the question I have is, do you believe the bonus for War Mode when turning in dailies is proportional? To risk? Maybe you quest alone or not really into PvP but you love the grind?

If not, what changes would you like to see implemented? Maybe increase in % or increase in other reward types?

Thanks for your time.

You're missing what IMO is the most critical poll option:

"I always keep War Mode on because of the rewards"

Honestly, I think that they need to remove the current +10% PVE bonus for keeping War Mode on. It encourages people to choose the playstyle based on the rewards with little or no actual desire to play in a WPvP environment. The bonuses for playing with Warmode on should be restricted to:

1) Getting to enjoy WPvP
    2) The specific PvP objectives: Weekly CtA, war supply chests
    3) Earning Honorable kills, Honor and Conquest

If the above are not reason enough to turn it on, then enticing players to sign up in order to inflate WM numbers and make Blizzard feel like it's a success is not only dishonest, it's actually a significant contributor to a shitty game experience. As things are, WM is a toxic cesspit filled mostly with players who are doing their best to avoid any kind of actual PvP. And the small percentage who actually actively pursue WPvP aren't interested in a fair contest, and this is evidenced by the fact that almost every single PvP encounter in WM is extremely one sided.

The battle for Nazjatar, for example, is a complete joke. It is never a battle. It's always a group finder raid vs a handful of natives to the realm - and that's if you're lucky. The number of times I've had to repeat the battle because I couldn't find an alliance player to kill is ridiculous.

The only reason I think anyone actively seeks out WPvP in WM is to do their weekly CtA, and then it's always a case of a group of 5 running around slaughtering individuals. It's not fun, either for the people doing the CtA, or the "victims" because the fights are never even a contest. Doing the CtA is pretty much a case of join a CtA group and then scouring the area looking for victims, which is annoying and frustrating, and then when you do find them, it's just a case of overwhelming them 5 to 1. Conversely, if I am questing and a group of 5 alliance swoops in and attacks me, I have no chance. I may as well just sit back, let them kill me and then fly back and carry on.

It is extremely rare in WM to engage in fun PvP, for example small groups of 5 vs 5. Yes, it does happen (3 weeks ago, for a whole 5 minutes in my case), and I'll admit that it is loads of fun when it's like that. But typically if we face off an alliance group and crush them, they'll either disband and go looking for other groups on other shards, or they'll make 2 groups and then it's 10v5 which is the same old story.

People simply don't care for engaging in any kind of contest. For that reason, I believe, the whole concept of WPvP is critically and irreparably flawed.
    Last edited by Raelbo; 2020-03-20 at 09:03 AM.

Only alliance having an extra quest is kinda messed up, i agree.

Is also messed up to have quests to kill players without a group-restiction so it can only be done "solo".
    Group PvP is a lie.

There is only solo-pvp.
    That is the TRUE world pvp experience.
    They get an epic every single week from the chest and they perpetually have the better buff. It's so fucking stupid.

There is no PvP-rewards...thats the problem.
    There is no PvP gear...there are no PvP vendors...

There is only "Honor" which is the most unfinshed, abandoned, alpha version of a concept in the entire game.

Never seen such a crap concept in my entire life.

You mean having Warmode just to complete the conquest cap?
    We have honor, which is pvp rewards and we also have quartermasters coin...

And yeah, even if that isn't enough then add PvP rewards to Warmode. If it doesn't exist, create it.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pper View Post
    People saying there should be no bonus at all in WM should just stop posting.
    So basically, you don't like what people are saying, but since you clearly don't have an actual answer, you want us to rather just shut up. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pper View Post
    I don't know what to say, that's just ... dumb.
    As opposed to stating an opinion without being able to back it up with any reasoning.....
    Last edited by Raelbo; 2020-03-20 at 09:11 AM.