Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    There is something stopping them from blatantly ignoring the Constitution. It's called impeachment. Three separate but equal parts of the government.
    You're joking, right? Three separate but equal parts of the government?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good to see a group challenging some dumb laws when it comes to gun control.....https://www.foxnews.com/us/connectic...ndment-lawsuit

HARTFORD, Conn. — Gun rights supporters are suing Connecticut officials over part of a 2013 state gun control law passed after the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, saying it unconstitutionally bans people from loading more than 10 rounds of ammunition into their firearms.

The lawsuit filed Tuesday in U.S. District Court cites the Second Amendment right to bear arms and the ability of people to better defend themselves with more bullets in their guns.

“Law abiding gun owners in Connecticut are left more susceptible to harm or death by being limited in their means of self-defense,” Holly Sullivan, president of the Connecticut Citizens Defense League, said in a written statement. “Criminals who are intent on doing harm will not follow this same law.”

Lawmakers who pass such laws, do not understand how easy and quickly, a shooter can swap out a magazine. The Parkland, Florida, school shooter, purposely only used 10 round magazines because they where easier to fit in his backpack and thus to hide.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2020-03-15 at 11:40 AM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

15+ Year Old Account
    It seems along with toilet paper and hand sanitizer people are massively frenzy buying guns and ammo went into my local shop and they were cleaned out
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Good to see a group challenging some dumb laws when it comes to gun control.....https://www.foxnews.com/us/connectic...ndment-lawsuit

HARTFORD, Conn. — Gun rights supporters are suing Connecticut officials over part of a 2013 state gun control law passed after the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, saying it unconstitutionally bans people from loading more than 10 rounds of ammunition into their firearms.

The lawsuit filed Tuesday in U.S. District Court cites the Second Amendment right to bear arms and the ability of people to better defend themselves with more bullets in their guns.

“Law abiding gun owners in Connecticut are left more susceptible to harm or death by being limited in their means of self-defense,” Holly Sullivan, president of the Connecticut Citizens Defense League, said in a written statement. “Criminals who are intent on doing harm will not follow this same law.”

Lawmakers who pass such laws, do not understand how easy and quickly, a shooter can swap out a magazine. The Parkland, Florida, school shooter, purposely only used 10 round magazines because they where easier to fit in his backpack and thus to hide.
    Don't you hate it when non gun owners make gun laws, they don't know wtf they are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    It seems along with toilet paper and hand sanitizer people are massively frenzy buying guns and ammo went into my local shop and they were cleaned out
    I had shot the last of my cheap 5.56 a bit ago, and just didn't get around to a new bulk order. Talking about it last week, look online, everyone is cleaned out completely.
    One of the sites listed the jump in sales as around 300% increase, but I think it just topped out at that because they ran out of stuff.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post

they went this route because of what was used in sandy hook, why would you be comparing it to what happened in Florida 5 years later in a different state with different laws?

so wait they/you are saying their self-defense is being limited....then say how easy it is to swap out a magazine? So if its that easy what's the problem?
    Which is it?

https://www.csgv.org/adam-lanza-took...ok-elementary/

MAGAZINES
    Taken to Sandy Hook Elementary:
    Two 12-gauge shotgun magazines
    10 30-round .223 magazines
    6 30-round 9mm magazines
    6 30-round 10mm magazines
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Of course, it does bear mentioning that CT has/ had a AWB, and that the Bushmaster was made in compliance with that law. They didn't have a magazine ban at the time.

As for the ease of changing magazines, as I've said before, most people that carry a gun only carry the one magazine or maybe one extra. Mass shooters as your example above shows, carry many more magazines than that. Limitations on individual magazine capacity hinders the law abiding more than the criminals in this case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Of course, it does bear mentioning that CT has/ had a AWB, and that the Bushmaster was made in compliance with that law. They didn't have a magazine ban at the time.

As for the ease of changing magazines, as I've said before, most people that carry a gun only carry the one magazine or maybe one extra. Mass shooters as your example above shows, carry many more magazines than that. Limitations on individual magazine capacity hinders the law abiding more than the criminals in this case.
    That is usually what a lot of gun control laws end up doing. Making it harder for lawful citizens to defend themselves.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

I'll be buying at least one gun with my check
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    I'll be buying at least one gun with my check
    Yah I have been seeing a lot of people going out an buying firearms. It is amazing that when things start to go south more people FINALLY understand the significance and importance of 2A
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Yah I have been seeing a lot of people going out an buying firearms. It is amazing that when things start to go south more people FINALLY understand the significance and importance of 2A
    Hell, I was thinking it might be a good time to sell a couple things that've been sitting around...

Hell, I was thinking it might be a good time to sell a couple things that've been sitting around...
    PM me? lol.

I've made a few moves, but a couple of them require both common carrier to remain in service and both the selling and local transferring business to still be operating when they might arrive. It's nice to have my first shotty though (Mossberg 500, basic as grits). I'm kinda multi-tasking prep with fun and one of the items on order is a Nomad Defense frame that's going to be part of a non-Glock Gen 4 19 when it's all in hand.

I actually just got around to finishing my Mossberg 590a1 last month. I'm not a big shotgun fan, but decided I needed a shotgun with a bayonet lug, because reasons. So then I of course short barreled it, going to 14" barrel and short stock so it'd fit in a JIC tube I got from a previous thing. I haven't even taken a picture of it yet...

Otherwise I'm pretty set on guns, since I lost out on a Colt SAA I was going to buy as a present to myself for my birthday. Waiting on a SIG M18, but that might be a while.

I actually just got around to finishing my Mossberg 590a1 last month. I'm not a big shotgun fan, but decided I needed a shotgun with a bayonet lug, because reasons. So then I of course short barreled it, going to 14" barrel and short stock so it'd fit in a JIC tube I got from a previous thing. I haven't even taken a picture of it yet...

Otherwise I'm pretty set on guns, since I lost out on a Colt SAA I was going to buy as a present to myself for my birthday. Waiting on a SIG M18, but that might be a while.
    I didn't do much other than get off my butt and get more than a box of 9 to keep in the house. I own three different chamberings at least until the scout arrives, and a fair amount of each. I'm tempted to add a wheelgun but I think at this point it's just cuz I'm on a roll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    PM me? lol.

I've made a few moves, but a couple of them require both common carrier to remain in service and both the selling and local transferring business to still be operating when they might arrive. It's nice to have my first shotty though (Mossberg 500, basic as grits). I'm kinda multi-tasking prep with fun and one of the items on order is a Nomad Defense frame that's going to be part of a non-Glock Gen 4 19 when it's all in hand.
    I have plenty of ammo and all the firearms I need. But if I get the stimulus check, I will put it back into the economy by buying something I do not really need. lol! Not sure yet what. If it gets approved by congress, it will be a while before we get it.

15+ Year Old Account
    i've been well stocked up on ammo and guns for a while im just wondering how many of those who push for gun control were out at sporting good shops and gun stores panic buying what they hate
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

i've been well stocked up on ammo and guns for a while im just wondering how many of those who push for gun control were out at sporting good shops and gun stores panic buying what they hate
    All the local Gun stores near me in central VA say that the cast majority of the gun sales are for first time gun owners . Ammo like 9mm is getting scarce . Can't find any .357 JHP any where . Suddenly millions of Americans now realize what the 2A is about
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    All the local Gun stores near me in central VA say that the cast majority of the gun sales are for first time gun owners . Ammo like 9mm is getting scarce . Can't find any .357 JHP any where . Suddenly millions of Americans now realize what the 2A is about
    i've been good on 9mm and 22lr for a while thankfully i just started stocking up on 50 beowulf
    Get your shit together

https://www.lamag.com/citythinkblog/guns-los-angeles/

"“You’re not going to describe what I look like, are you?” asked a young screenwriter from Burbank who was wearing a corduroy cap and Warby Parker frames along with his N-95 respirator mask. “I told my wife not to even mention to my friends that I’m doing this.”

- - - Updated - - -

i've been good on 9mm and 22lr for a while thankfully i just started stocking up on 50 beowulf
    Years ago when I got an M1 Garand, they had a deal on surplus greek 30-06 on clips, and I rarely shoot them. So if the world is sufficiently ending that I use up the 223/ 308 that I have and need to break out the 30-06, I'll probably also be strapping the bayonet on because the zombies have won.

Probably not many since there is no need to panic because even in countries that have it way worse than we do, there is no panic, no riots.....no need to all of a sudden buy guns.

Like many other products the supply chain for most industries are no longer able to handle any real additional surge in demand because these companies are running the most profit out of the business they can. That includes keeping a tight control on inventory and storage cost.

It will most likely be the same spike we saw during the Obama fear stages and when people thought Hillary was going to be elected. We will find out later the vast vast majority of purchases were by people who already owned.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!