Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    LOL, want a foot massage too?
    Well... yes..... but, considering other games are offering premium memberships for 2 weeks or 2 weeks free play... a XP boost isnt really going to draw back in the subs

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Fool me once shame on me, fool me 30 times since I have been playing this game, shame on you Blizzard lol. I would consider it at 200% lol.
    /r/ChoosingBeggars

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe now I can finally get my Nightborne heritage set!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    Not everything has to be equally beneficial to everyone. Like if they boosted rep gains for me it means fuck all because now that rep essences are obtainable via echos rep grinds are meaningless to me. That being said if they did boost rep gains I'd probably just shrug my shoulders and just get on with things.
    Yea individually rep grinds would me jack all to you, but I'm just saying why couldn't they have added that on top of the XP boost and other things if they were truly trying to help their community as a whole. An XP boost only benefits players who have intentions of leveling. Blizzard doesn't even care about leveling, if it was important, they wouldn't sell level boosts. They just want people to have more 120's alts that they'll spend 3-4 weeks grinding 3 r3 essences and gear up. If people level multiple alts, then that's more time invested and sustains MAU's. There's only oh so much someone can do on 1-2 characters before they're 485 ilvl and full BiS. Having an alt is like pressing a reset button and doing it again.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    People are happy when they got 2x leveling speed multiplier... i think that says alot about current state of retail leveling...
    Black Desert Online had a 1000% xp boost in 2018 Now THAT says a lot about BDO... this is nothing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    What does my statement has to do with Classic?
    I would be literally mad if they even think about adding that kind of stuff to my game and consider playing again on private servers.
    Protip: it isn't 'your' game.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    No, they shouldn't, because that makes literally zero sense. The whole point of heritage armor is that it is intrinsic to a specific race.
    Then it hurts players who already had max level classes prior to the allied race era. I'm forced to have 2 max level characters of the same class. Then I have to pick whether I race change my original alt who is more geared/equipped, or abandon it and gear up a 2nd mage/rogue/w.e just for the sake of using heritage armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Black Desert Online had a 1000% xp boost in 2018 Now THAT says a lot about BDO... this is nothing
    Lol, did not know about that.
    That has to say 5 times much about state of leveling in that game, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Protip: it isn't 'your' game.
    I would love to say again 'it is my game' tho.
    Anyway... you are not the one that will say where i can present my opinion and where not, sorry.
    I will not even mention that i see you a lot in Classic threads...

People will find anything to whine about now ungrateful dirt bag mongrels

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Then it hurts players who already had max level classes prior to the allied race era. I'm forced to have 2 max level characters of the same class. Then I have to pick whether I race change my original alt who is more geared/equipped, or abandon it and gear up a 2nd mage/rogue/w.e just for the sake of using heritage armor.
    It doesn't 'hurt' anyone, and it doesn't 'force' you to do anything. A significant number of people play more than one character of a given class, and did so long before stuff like heritage armor was around.

If you don't want to do that, then don't do it, but it isn't unfair just because you refuse to.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Yea individually rep grinds would me jack all to you, but I'm just saying why couldn't they have added that on top of the XP boost and other things if they were truly trying to help their community as a whole. An XP boost only benefits players who have intentions of leveling.
    And rep bonuses only benefit players that have intentions to grind rep. It's the same point no matter how you slice it.

Blizzard doesn't even care about leveling, if it was important, they wouldn't sell level boosts. They just want people to have more 120's alts that they'll spend 3-4 weeks grinding 3 r3 essences and gear up. If people level multiple alts, then that's more time invested and sustains MAU's. There's only oh so much someone can do on 1-2 characters before they're 485 ilvl and full BiS. Having an alt is like pressing a reset button and doing it again.
    Thing is it's not an action that needs to be validated by being deemed useful enough for a specific demographic, it's literally just a good will gesture in trying times that overall doesn't shake the game up that much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    Proving his point. Some people don't have plenty of alts. Some people don't have heritage armor. Some, well.. most people aren't you. Whatever they could have done, would not have been applicable to everyone. It's impossible to please every single player regardless of what they chose to do. Nevertheless, they could have done anything but chose to do something small which will helps some folks. And just like some things in this game you enjoy and others don't, there will always be someone who win or loses. You just happened to lose out this turn. Welcome to the dichotomy of the human experience dude. You need to come to terms with it.

Sorry you're too cool for this.
    The only reason people don't have more alts is if they didn't do the Korrak's Revenge on an alt. It wasn't marketed as a leveling service, but it most definitely acted like one. This 100% boost is nice because it allows people to level however they please, but if the incentive is that you'll level faster, wouldn't you pick the method that expedites that process the most? I can't speak for others, but I leveled 5 120 alts in a week during the holidays doing nothing but Korrak's Revenge w/ full 120 heirlooms. Didn't even take that long either, especially as alliance. Horde would stomp all over us majority of the time and a loss would provide a level and half. That's not even counting the XP you'd gain while just running around in the BG. Again, not everyone utilized it that way because it was originally marketed as an event where you'd gain a remodeled horde/alliance AV mount. So ultimately you had people playing their mains in it and it felt like a long tedious grind for just one mount. That is until someone in the first week or so found out that the XP rates were ridiculous and people were leveling alts at alarming rates. Next thing you know, majority of the players in the BG are levels 30-119 running around in full heirlooms.

In the end, what I'm getting at is that the main benefactor of having people level alts is ultimately blizzard. 1-120 just through questing/dungeons isn't all that long of a grind to begin with IMO. It's most definitely not as tedious as classic, especially if you're rocking full heirlooms. The real grinds start when you hit 120 and have to get your essences and grind up gear. Luckily gear is easy to farm via keystones and if someone has a clique, they can get carried and be full 460+ easy in a single day. Blizzard needs those MAU's, so by having people level alts, grind essences and gear up, they might sustain MAU's and avoid a dip heading into Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Timewalker View Post
    /r/ChoosingBeggars
    Just isn't worth it with the current poor state of retail unfortunately.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    This thread is a nice reminder that Blizzard can do something nice and still get absolutely shit on for it.
    You've won the internet today, enjoy virtual cookie!
    -Insert Cookie.jpg-

7+ Year Old Account
    So anyone have any idea on the fastest way to 120 from 110 now that we have this buff?

Stood in the Fire Texan Penguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Honorbound is pretty easy to do. Have you finished all of the campaign? Other than that just do the assaults when they are up each time which I think is every 12-16 hours.
    Mmmhm, done completely with the War Campaign, been doing assaults and emissary every time they’re up. Almost there, just got a little longer to go. But I’ve sunk close to 100 hours into my DH in a month and I kinda want a break from him for a sec- going to do emissaries and assaults, but other than that after I finish Honorbound I’m going to be powerleveling my mage to 120.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If Blizzard gives someone 1 million dollars, that someone would still complain about something. Just get out of here, people, with your attitude issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    So anyone have any idea on the fastest way to 120 from 110 now that we have this buff?
    I did a random dungeon and it burned almost an entire level (116-117).

7+ Year Old Account
    *puts the tinfoil hat*

100% sure this is because since the devs are in home they tried to play the game but they didn't like the slow shit leveling and made this a thing

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Why would you think they are trying to compete with totally different games?
    Especially when there have been plenty of big releases in previous weeks over the years.... For example Doom 2016 if we want to make a direct comparison.