Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Except for every anniversary? There were probably a couple other times in the distant past.
    Yes but i don't recall a 100% EXP bonus, like never ever.

15+ Year Old Account
    How cool of them! Might even make me sub and level up some alts finally.

Totally not expected. What a nice gesture, Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    "In other news, Blizzard employees discovered an enzyme that cures cancer!"

MMO posters:

LOL subs must be really bad if blizz is curing cancer

Instead of curing diseases try 2 cure ur boring game

so u can cure cancer but u cant give us account wide everything

reeeeee shadowlands delayed cuz blizz is wasting time on cancer
    If only we can like and rep posts on this forum :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Unprecedented, to my memory they have NEVER done an experience buff before
    WAAAAAAY back in Vanilla or BC there was a server issue that lasted for days, and rest exp became quad instead of double. As I remember it...
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

Quote Originally Posted by Derpules View Post
    WAAAAAAY back in Vanilla or BC there was a server issue that lasted for days, and rest exp became quad instead of double. As I remember it...
    could be, that's a long time out of memory lol. Even that though is less than just double XP 100% of the time for a month!

Well good thing they made the essences easier to get. This combined with the essence change might actually tempt me to get a month since I haven't really played since 8.1.

Overwhelmed with work atm with all the lay offs... I'm pretty much covering for 4 people. Too tired to do anything when I'm home absolutely knackered... not played for the past 2 weeks!

Goodbye main and alts. Wipes dust off baby alts.

Literally spent about 20h leveling from 20-111 before this dropped.... just dinged 111 now...

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Unprecedented, to my memory they have NEVER done an experience buff before
    well we are in a somewhat unprecedented situation

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitar View Post
    Literally spent about 20h leveling from 20-111 before this dropped.... just dinged 111 now...
    RIP. you got other alts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    If only we can like and rep posts on this forum :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelwing View Post
    Goodbye main and alts. Wipes dust off baby alts.
    Same here. Going to finish leveling a couple o' wee mechagnomes.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    You're seriously going to compare a 40 minute quest to an 8 DAY GRIND.
    No, I'm talking about doing that (going back and forth from one corner of the map to another, repeatedly) for at least a month, which is a much greater grind, considering how long leveling in vanilla takes, at least.

It is quite telling when you compare one single instance (the quest I mentioned), ignoring the fact you have to do that repeatedly, for weeks and weeks on end, to a repetition of a task for eight days

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    The only reason people don't have more alts is if they didn't do the Korrak's Revenge on an alt.
    Wow. Talk about killing your own argument right at the opening statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    No, I'm talking about doing that (going back and forth from one corner of the map to another, repeatedly) for at least a month, which is a much greater grind, considering how long leveling in vanilla takes, at least.

It is quite telling when you compare one single instance (the quest I mentioned), ignoring the fact you have to do that repeatedly, for weeks and weeks on end, to a repetition of a task for eight days
    Okay so incorrect. Someone during vanilla got to 60 in 4 days 20 hours, they knew the game. Someone in Classic got to 60 even faster, less than 3 iirc via AoE Mage grinding. This makes your point completely false. In the time it took Joana to hit level 60, you would be halfway done with 1 (ONE) Rank 2 Essence. That, quite frankly, is fucking ridiculous.
    Last edited by Laqweeta; 2020-03-20 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Okay so incorrect. Someone during vanilla got to 60 in 4 days 20 hours, they knew the game. Someone in Classic got to 60 even faster, less than 3 iirc via AoE Mage grinding. This makes your point completely false
    Cute attempt, but this in no way counters my argument, as what you wrote in no way whatsoever represents the average player. Hell, it doesn't represent even the majority of the players.

That's like saying Method and Limit players are a representative of the average modern WoW players.

Way to shoot yourself on the foot.

Cute attempt, but this in no way counters my argument, as what you wrote in no way whatsoever represents the average player. Hell, it doesn't represent even the majority of the players.

That's like saying Method and Limit players are a representative of the average modern WoW players.

Way to shoot yourself on the foot.
    In the time it took Joana to hit level 60, you would be halfway done with 1 (ONE) Rank 2 Essence. That, quite frankly, is fucking ridiculous.

Also, please stop acting like it takes months to hit level 60 in CLASSIC WoW nowadays. Nearly every person leveling uses a guide. It probably takes 8 days at max.

Again, in the time it takes for the average player to hit 60, you'd be done with ONE essence grind.

Add a free week and I'm in.

I think this has less to do with the pandemic, and more to do with trying to lure back players who quit the expansion.

We know participation in raids is way down. 2.5x as many guilds killed a boss in N/H/M Uldir than have killed a boss in N/H/M Ny'alotha.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLoque View Post
    Add a free week and I'm in.
    They're pretty desperate for players, ask for a week and I guarantee you they'll give it.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Wow. Talk about killing your own argument right at the opening statement.
    You don't even know what my point is lol. My point has nothing to do with Korrak's Revenge. I was merely using that as a scale to compare the 100% XP boost. My original point is that this 100% is nothing big to begin with. People want to act like it's a show of good faith for their customers, but what people don't realize is that the main benefactor is blizzard. Sure both parties gain in this scenario, players who want to level alts now have a 100% xp boost and blizzard gains by people remaining active and sustaining MAU's. People act like blizzard is gifting us something, when reality is, this is like maids in hotels making your bed. It's not a necessary service, but you feel more welcome and appreciative when you're cared for in that way. People will say "Well your subscription only gets you access to the room, it's not blizzards job to make your bed, make it yourself lazy ass."

I'm not being ungrateful. Like I said from the get go, I don't care that they didn't add more, I'm just connecting the dots when looking at the big picture. The marketing scheme is simple: A decent chunk of people are stuck in their homes and what better than to give their customers incentive to level alts. While some people utilize it, they're actively logging on to level their characters and it's likely they'll logon continuously to grind essences and gear up. More alts presumptuously leads to more gameplay and more gameplay correlates to higher MAU's. Blizzard looks like Jesus for handing out an XP blessing and they; in their dreams, hope players remain engaged for the next 9~ months until Shadowlands hits. Again, not complaining about it, just acknowledging that if they truly were doing something for their players, they'd find a way so that everyone from new too veteran, noob too pro, casual too hardcore and collector too elitest, would benefit. But ultimately, this move is designed to increase player activity, with possible future sustainability, all while looking like they're Jesus.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.