10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Well, they were more worried about my other issues/symptoms than the respiratory/corona related, hence the blood work. I was fairly sure they weren't going to test me, but I am showing symptoms and I'm in the risk group so I felt like I had to at least contact them.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I have to add that when I was in the hospital, they put me wait in the normal general waiting room with other people - granted there weren't that many people in addition to me, like three and I wasn't that near them.

One lady looked fucking mortified when I was being handled by hazmat suited doctors and nurses and other patients weren't - and I was sitting on a bench like 3 meters from her. It was interesting to see the terror in her eyes when she put the 2+2 together.

I think they should have handled the situation better and kept me waiting somewhere else.

Oh and there was this specific door that was reserved for possible corona patients. I wasn't told about it when I entered the hospital, I came in from the main entrance and went to the ER area where I was told to go. However when I was leaving the hospital they told me to use the other route.

- - - Updated - - -

And to add another fuckup to the list:

The person who took my blood work had no extra protection at all. Just basic gloves, no mask or anything else. The doctor and nurse were properly equipped though.
    I would point that out to other medical staff, since that person is endangering the entire staff at that hospital.

Best of luck with your recovery

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    It's starting to happen in Spain. Under which rock do you call home?
    Your information must be wrong.
    Spain has half infections than Italy and one-quarter deaths.
    Meanwhile, Germany, a real first world country, not Italy and Spain which are not, has 20.000 infected and 67 deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Omegalol, don't make me laugh.

We're in shit of this magnitude right now exactly because China did not take measures quickly. They already knew something was brewing as early as start of December, if not end of November. They went on full denial and crap for whole bloody 2 months until mid-January when they finally started locking shit down hard.

If they would take care of it quickly, we would not have this shit spread to the extent it did over the world. China's fuck-up is not to be underestimated.

- - - Updated - - -

In other news - we have first death, 88 years old. 2 more critical - 89 and 91 years old.
    We've had a couple of months to learn and prepare, yet we have a shortage of masks, antiseptic gel, and are scrambling to build field hospitals. Oh yeah, and respirators.
    But ok fine, they did not react quickly. They fucked up and underestimated a virus no human organism has ever encountered.
    With a few more months of experience it looks like th western world has learned nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Meanwhile, Germany, a real first world country, not Italy and Spain which are not, has 20.000 infected and 67 deaths.
    Italy has one of the best equipped ICU's in Europe with high a capacity, you don't know what you're talking about.

Calling those nations third world also is nation bashing and lacks any tact, respect or simple human decency.

sigh, your forgetting about lag time.
    Italy is ~2 weeks ahead of the rest of Europe.
    Compare countries now against Italy 2 weeks ago.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    And thanks to that time delay from Italy, we are all taking actions to prevent it from happening again elsewhere. As Experts, doctors, caregivers begged us to listen and learn from them.

But he does not care about that, He is one of those sociopaths that believes we should just let the virus ran rampant because the economy will take a hit by it if we put human lives first. That's why you see this complete lack of empathy and understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by For_The_Horde View Post
    It's spread to Madagascar now, Greenland too, no place left to hide.
    No reports from Antartica though (as far as I know)! One safe continent out of seven.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    No reports from Antartica though (as far as I know)! One safe continent out of seven.
    YOU MADE ME LAUGH

Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Don't forget the national space station
    #boycottchina

Under no wide-spread definition are Italy and Spain not considered First World. Unless you're going off some weird pseudo-Nazi or such view that only Germanic and Nordic countries are "first world".

I'm sure this isn't an original thought, but what gets left on the shelf must really be a reckoning for those companies, that even in a global pandemic folks just aren't real keen on your products.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I'm sure this isn't an original thought, but what gets left on the shelf must really be a reckoning for those companies, that even in a global pandemic folks just aren't real keen on your products.
    Why are they even manufacturing ice cream during december-time then? Its way too cold for it, no one will buy it. Besides nowadays 80-90% of all existing products come from only 2 companies, Nestle and Unilever.
    Last edited by The Scourge of Azuremyst; 2020-03-20 at 10:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    I fully know:

Be aware this is not a list: this is a comparison between countries so don't think "My country have less ICUs than India?".No,it's not that...it's just data to compare ICUs from the countries at discussion.
    That chart's data is over a decade out of date.

During that decade, over 120 hospitals have shut down.

A hospital in Kansas closed just this week.
    Last edited by Masark; 2020-03-20 at 10:23 PM.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    That chart is over a decade out of date.
    This is more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Not really, looking WHO situation reports two weeks apart:

19th:
    Italy 35713 cases, 2978 deaths
    Spain 13716 cases 598 deaths
    Germany 8198 cases 13 deaths
    UK 2630 cases 103 deaths
    US 7087 cases 100 deaths

14th: Spain 4231 cases 120

5th:
    Italy 3089 cases 107 deaths
    Spain 198 cases 1 deaths
    Germany 262 cases 0 deaths
    UK 89 cases 0 deaths
    US 129 case 9 deaths

Germany today isn't like Italy 2 weeks ago; even though it is getting worse.
    Spain is about one week after Italy.
    UK might be 2 weeks after Italy - but they state that they suspect that they only have found a fraction of the cases. We will soon be able to see how many were actually infected due to antibody testing that several countries have signed up for.
    Added: US might also be two weeks after Italy - and we know that there have been too few tests.
    Last edited by Forogil; 2020-03-20 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Added US

Quote Originally Posted by The Scourge of Azuremyst View Post
    we are meant to be solitary creatures.
    I'm sure you have some riveting sources for that, bruh. Because social connections are actually vitally important for mental health last I read.

- - - Updated - - -

Private car ownership should be permanently forbidden once and for all, for the sake of the climate. Now would be the best time to enforce that.
    Nah, no thanks. I'll keep my cars, thank you very much. I live in a rural area, and even if I didn't, fuck that, I like cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Nah, no thanks. I'll keep my cars, thank you very much. I live in a rural area, and even if I didn't, fuck that, I like cars.
    To hell with cars, they ruin the climate.

I had to go to 3 different stores today to find basic bleach. all the paper towels, all the toilet paper, all the bleach type cleaning sprays were ALL GONE. On a whim I decided to go to foodmaxx, a store i never normally go to, and low and behold they had 1 bottle left which I picked up. A young couple came up the isle right after I picked it up and they were like

"oh, you got the last one, lucky!"
    I responded with
    "well I'd share it if I could but sorry."
    to which they responded back
    "oh don't worry about it, we have a few at home already"

so these people, younger than me, were on the hunt for bleach but already have more than one bottle at home....

those people are the exact reason why no one else can buy these products now...fucking infuriating
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

This is more accurate.
    I hope you are wrong. We are in 32nd place? Or at least we were in 2017, we likely fell quite a bit since then.

Selected countries for Hospital Beds per 1000 people:

1 Japan 13.05
    2 South Korea 12.27
    3 Russia 8.05
    4 Germany 8.00
    12 Belgium 5.76
    25 Finland 3.28
    26 Italy 3.18
    32 US 2.77
    38 Chile 2.11
    40 Mexico 1.38

Note: the US total is from 2016 since it has no 2017 total. The US total has been dropping since 2013 (well from 2013 until 2016 to be precise).

Ooops this is not inconsistent with what was posted before. In ICU-CCB beds per 100,000 inhabitants, we are in second place, only because Turkey has a lot more than anyone else.

We are low on total number of hospital beds, but very high in ICU-CCB beds.
    Last edited by Omega10; 2020-03-20 at 10:44 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Under no wide-spread definition are Italy and Spain not considered First World. Unless you're going off some weird pseudo-Nazi or such view that only Germanic and Nordic countries are "first world".
    Well, The UK is also.
    Italy and Spain fall into slightly above Greece/Croatia category.