Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Man i cant imagine begging people to play this game so hard. The pressure really must be on since Classic is still killing BFA numbers. They better put up nets for all the potential roof jumpers over there in Irvine
    The class and infallible logic of Classic fans never ceases to amaze*.

There are more Retail Servers, than Classic ones. The Retail servers hold more players, than Classic ones. There are almost as many High/Full Retail servers across the regions, as there are Classic servers in total. That's even before counting Medium pop and even low pop ones.

Classic: 73

Eu English
    : 110 servers, 25 of which are Full/High

EU German: 80-or-so, I lost count. 16 servers listed as High/Full, majority are Medium pop even at this hour of night

EU French: 37, 11 listed as High/Full, majority as Medium.

EU Spanish: 11, 8 listed as Full/High

Russian: 20, 5 listed as High/Full

Italian: 2, 1 listed as High

This is, granted, without being able to check China and the US, but alas... Retail's servers are dynamic, and most of the ones listed as Full/High never drop to Medium even at 5:AM. Also, as previously mentioned, a higher capacity than they do on Classic. 60+ at High/Full.

So much winning though.

*Not really, but they are consistent if nothing else.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-03-21 at 03:39 PM.

Leveling my DK atm, vulpera for heritage and I am in Draenor atm. And I am usually all alone here when I have been leveling before. Now it was like 10+ around the garrison alone while building it and people are everywhere when I am now looking for treasures.

Each level takes like 10mins. It's nice!

excellent time to finish off those alts I burnt out on between 60 - 80! This is one of those better decisions
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Leveling my DK atm, vulpera for heritage and I am in Draenor atm. And I am usually all alone here when I have been leveling before. Now it was like 10+ around the garrison alone while building it and people are everywhere when I am now looking for treasures.

Each level takes like 10mins. It's nice!
    Indeed, the first hour after the announcement I didn't see much of a difference. Now there's loads, even at this hour, in "my" zones.

I shot these earlier as well:

That 50 for Borean is quite a surprise, I always figured people preferred Howling Fjord but not so.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-03-21 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Indeed, the first hour after the announcement I didn't see much of a difference. Now there's loads, even at this hour, in "my" zones.
    Yeah, it's 1 am here now and there was surprisingly many people if you compare it to being alone before :P

And the buff, oh my, awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Man i cant imagine begging people to play this game so hard. The pressure really must be on since Classic is still killing BFA numbers. They better put up nets for all the potential roof jumpers over there in Irvine
    no its not, stop this bullshit lie. Blizzards official server population shows classic to only have 3 full servers compared to almost 50 in retail. Eu and NA. Retail outnumbers classic by a metric shitton, based on blizzards own numbers

So my Mechagnome went from level 28 to 48 in about 4 hours ( well some of it was spent afking while I ate my dinner ) and I also got about a quarter through a new honor level since I spent a chunk of those 4 hours in battlegrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    Most games when you give them $15 you are given something in return besides the luxury of playing a dead game.
    fuck man. take my gold

.....bah, wrong site
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

Good move.

This is only starting and, regardless of how sad it is that people need 'incentives' to stay indoors in such times, it's definitely a boon to some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    It's not my fault you choose to write about a version of the game that is 15 years old vs. a version of the game that is being utilized now. I rest my case. The average CLASSIC player takes maybe 8 days to hit 60, again, in that time on retail - you'd be done with just ONE essence grind.
    Does it take 8 days of /played to get one essence at rank 3, or are you so bad at this game you need 192 hours sitting in front of your computer to get lucid rank 3 nowadays? And you're obviously ignoring the fact that you can get crucible of flame rank 3 in 30 minutes.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2020-03-21 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Unprecedented, to my memory they have NEVER done an experience buff before
    I mean, in a few months they give us a > 300% exp buff (100%/30%, they said at blizzcon that you need 70% less exp after the squish) when they implement the level squish. So not to discourage players from leveling now instead of when SL prepatch hits, 100% seems logical.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    So in other words, the leveling grind has been reduced, the grind to create alts has been reduced, gear flows like water...

and essences for new players still require weeks of grinding mostly obsolete content.

Cool.

When I was new to the game, nothing felt "obsolete", even when old, jaded players were telling me so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    I mean, in a few months they give us a > 300% exp buff (100%/30%, they said at blizzcon that you need 70% less exp after the squish) when they implement the level squish. So not to discourage players from leveling now instead of when SL prepatch hits, 100% seems logical.
    Yeah, I was entirely ignoring leveling alts until 9.0.
    Not so much now, but I suspect the pre-patch event will still be a far better deal than 1 month of 100%. :d

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Dunno...if you want to no-life it, I guess...do quests, do dungeons or pvp....whatever you prefer. If you like to log out inbetween and take a break, do assaults. That usually is insane amounts of XP in a very short time.
    That's an odd way of putting it. Didn't know doing quests, dungeons or pvp was "no-lifing it". They are standard activities and you can do them just the same as you described assaults which leads to the next point.

Assaults are a really bad source of XP and always was. Typically by the time you finish the 5 part quest line (4 WQ + end) you could have completed a few more quests with less traveling. On average I was seeing 10-20% per level depending on what was offered as rewards. Even if you logged off and did it every time it was up. Though now the extra 10% xp buff they give might be worth doing just for that due to this buff. Just for future reference though you'd be better off skipping. I wish they'd buff the XP on them to make them comparable to Legion Invasions, but I don't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Yeah, I was entirely ignoring leveling alts until 9.0.
    Not so much now, but I suspect the pre-patch event will still be a far better deal than 1 month of 100%. :d
    Also I imagine the SL leveling experience will be much better than BfA now. You don't have to force yourself through BC/WotLK for example. I for one will wait for prepatch.

Does this stack with Raf? Would be an insane xp push

Ok, so I did the current Nazmir Incursion (EU) with a fully heirloomed character, having the buff from a previous Incursion + the XP potion for Commendations.

She went from 66% at 15, to less than 50% at 16. So, basically, the 100% buff simply enables you to gain a level from a single Incursion... Not massively worth it imo. But the buff gained will be good for questing I suppose.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Also I imagine the SL leveling experience will be much better than BfA now. You don't have to force yourself through BC/WotLK for example. I for one will wait for prepatch.
    That is for sure a massive boon, I've vowed to never set foot leveling in Outland/Northrend ever again once 9.0 comes... I'll still go there to sit in Grizzly Hills though. <.<

But I can't hold off until prepatch, not when seeing just how quick leveling is thanks to 100%!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    In the time it took Joana to hit level 60, you would be halfway done with 1 (ONE) Rank 2 Essence. That, quite frankly, is fucking ridiculous.

Also, please stop acting like it takes months to hit level 60 in CLASSIC WoW nowadays. Nearly every person leveling uses a guide. It probably takes 8 days at max.

Again, in the time it takes for the average player to hit 60, you'd be done with ONE essence grind.
    Actually in one day I'll have most essences at at least rank two, minus the ones gates behind weekly chests / islands, etc. I'll have 3 essences at level 3 the same day or the day after I hit 120.

I'm guessing the average player won't though. In 8 days you'll have all the rep essences at rank 3 if you grind for it. It's actually pretty quick. The rep ones are a grind, then you have others that requires you to clear a raid each week, cap conquest, do islands, etc. Roughly 1 hour of work per essence per week - pretty low amount of effort required.

The average wow player probably doesn't care about getting all essences at rank 3, by the way. Or care about essences at all.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Actually in one day I'll have most essences at at least rank two, minus the ones gates behind weekly chests / islands, etc. I'll have 3 essences at level 3 the same day or the day after I hit 120.

I'm guessing the average player won't though. In 8 days you'll have all the rep essences at rank 3 if you grind for it. It's actually pretty quick. The rep ones are a grind, then you have others that requires you to clear a raid each week, cap conquest, do islands, etc. Roughly 1 hour of work per essence per week - pretty low amount of effort required.

The average wow player probably doesn't care about getting all essences at rank 3, by the way. Or care about essences at all.
    This guy was even talking about 8 days of /played in game, not 8 days in total.

Cool, the Legion team must be back. Phew was a rough ride with this BfA team, same ride they put us through with WoD

So using a global pandemic to claw back a few subs.

Classy!