10+ Year Old Account

If anyone is interested

I log on to play around a little but often just for the free stuff and the mount once a month but I noticed this, similar to wow

I'm actually quite happy this game is still technically afloat! I got so much inspiration for my own creative works (D&D) from its elemental invasion/plane hopping themes, and many, many hours of enjoyment and RP from its housing systems! RIFT was ahead of its time for "own your time in the world" gameplay, and I can't possibly hold negative impressions of my time spent there! I don't play now because "the gang" moved on from it, but as long as it is still running, we will have homes there to return to should we choose to!

10+ Year Old Account
    Rift had a lot of potential. I think the only hope it would have is a complete reboot like Final fantasy 14 with new devs, or at least new leads/business practices. Its not a huge IP, so its most likely going to fade away slowly. I give it 3 years and it will be shut down. Its a shame though, because OG rift was very good. It was better than Cata in a LOT of ways, it was just unpolished.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rift and Wildstar... 2 games that were absolutely amazing but both "kinda" died because of the miss-management of the publisher. I really hope they remake Rift and re-launch Wildstar under new owners.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihazpaws View Post
    Rift and Wildstar... 2 games that were absolutely amazing but both "kinda" died because of the miss-management of the publisher. I really hope they remake Rift and re-launch Wildstar under new owners.
    Agreed, I enjoyed both games immensely, but they were gutted by their own greed and left as dead husks far to quickly.

Why you do this op.

I miss pre 2.2 Rift.

A holy shit forgot about Rift. I LOVED it when it was released. I really liked the 6 party groups with 1 support/hybrid role, since that's what I love to play. Not sure how the game is now but that had great potential, but fell flat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihazpaws View Post
    I never got much into Wildstar but I really did like Rift...the soul system was awesome. I wish it was treated better.

Man, I've had an urge to log back in and just run some dungeons...kinda tempted to do that for the shit of it. Haven't played in ages and doubt I'll try whatever the latest expansion is, but some old dungeons should be pretty fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    A holy shit forgot about Rift. I LOVED it when it was released. I really liked the 6 party groups with 1 support/hybrid role, since that's what I love to play. Not sure how the game is now but that had great potential, but fell flat.
    I still try to find MMO that has good support roles. Only Lineage 2 and Rift had good enough support roles :/

- - - Updated - - -

For those who wanna help to possibly see Wildstar once again some day or just wanna be superb dude and help others:
    http://chng.it/RdQTpkfFCJ

Most likely won't gonna change anything but sharing is caring

The wildstar revival will never happen because for that to happen you'll need to change the entire head-dev team and probably some studio will need to purchase the liscence at high cost then re-do the entire code since it was a nightmare of a code... Game was fun tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man, I've had an urge to log back in and just run some dungeons...kinda tempted to do that for the shit of it. Haven't played in ages and doubt I'll try whatever the latest expansion is, but some old dungeons should be pretty fun.
    Spent a few hours trying last night and this morning and I've managed to get 2 pops while queued up for all four roles. Killed time in IA's for a while but getting bored, guess nobody is really running level 65 and below content : /

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Spent a few hours trying last night and this morning and I've managed to get 2 pops while queued up for all four roles. Killed time in IA's for a while but getting bored, guess nobody is really running level 65 and below content : /
    The game itself doesnt have new playerbase that is the problem. Everyone is forcing himself to reach 70 first after that they can que and see some people.

Pass, I have a bad Rift itch but there has been no new content in the game since 4.2 which came out in July 2017.

At this point, it's just heartbreaking to watch.

Trion greatly overextended themselves. Failed game after failed game, with the only "success" being Trove, which is a minecraft clone, with capes! Rift was great up until that Infernal Dawn island thing they released some time before Storm Legion, if not slightly before that patch. Rift at the beginning was great. Miles better than Cataclysm was. I still have my physical copy I bought at walmart that included that shambler pet.

Rift doesn't interest me anymore. Trion's aggressively horrendous monetization of the game about 2/3 of the way into Storm Legion really killed it for me, and it just got worse until they had to turn to Gamigo. I facepalm at their treatment of ArcheAge. I just check this subforum once a month or so to see if anyone has actually said anything, due to morbid curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    Trion greatly overextended themselves. Failed game after failed game, with the only "success" being Trove, which is a minecraft clone, with capes! Rift was great up until that Infernal Dawn island thing they released some time before Storm Legion, if not slightly before that patch. Rift at the beginning was great. Miles better than Cataclysm was. I still have my physical copy I bought at walmart that included that shambler pet.

Rift doesn't interest me anymore. Trion's aggressively horrendous monetization of the game about 2/3 of the way into Storm Legion really killed it for me, and it just got worse until they had to turn to Gamigo. I facepalm at their treatment of ArcheAge. I just check this subforum once a month or so to see if anyone has actually said anything, due to morbid curiosity.

Rift will always be my guilty pleasure. I do a lot of Alpha and Beta testing and I got to do both for Rift. I was hooked instantly; at the time I was trying to find something similar to WoW and Rift became it. Rift, in my opinion only, built upon many WoW features and made it better (in their own way). They created this crazy spec concept allowing you to create crazy combinations, go out into the world with the constant Rifts opening, battle to close them and fight off enemy players, and all while still being able to do solo content. The raids and dungeons were also so much fun and challenging.

My favorite though were the Master Dungeons (I think?), which WoW stole for "challenge modes". It was so much fun, and hard. I always felt challenged in the game. I eventually left because I had no one else to play with. Are there any private Rift servers out there? I doubt the community exists. Thanks for the nostalgia.