Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    WuHan has no new case for 2 days in a row !
    It is a safe heaven now.

I heard people paid tens of thousands of dollars to get into China now.
    Sure thing, Xi.

No local cases in Wuhan...sure. But cases originating from outside? Still getting them:

No new virus cases for 3rd straight day in Wuhan

BEIJING — The virus outbreak’s epicenter of Wuhan reported no new or suspected cases again for a third consecutive day.

Overall, China on Saturday reported 41 new cases detected over the previous 24 hours, all among people traveling from overseas, and another seven deaths, six in Wuhan. China now has a total of 81,008 cases and 3,255 deaths.

A total of 71,740 people have been declared cured and released from the hospital. Wuhan must go 14 straight days without a new case in order for draconian travel restrictions to be lifted.

People are now better able to move around in the surrounding province of Hubei, although its provincial borders remain closed to the rest of the country. Beijing and other cities are increasingly vibrant as the government attempts to mitigate disastrous effects on the world’s second largest economy, but social distancing and quarantines for new arrivals remain the norm.

It is a safe heaven now.

How China is planning to use the coronavirus crisis to its advantage

Chinese launched movement to say sorry to America for spreading disinformation that US Army brought the coronavirus to Wuhan

A lot there, but interesting to see how China is trying to spin the situation to their favor and to empower themselves.

15+ Year Old Account
    Day #28614 of the federally mandated self-quarantine from the COVID-19 pandemic. Could be fewer days. Could be more. Not really sure at this point to be honest. Still no zombies walking around like everyone thought there would be during the apocalypse. I have to say that kind of disappointed me. I have my own Lucille like Negan in the floor by the front passenger seat. I'm itching to use it. One of the best things about this self-quarantine is that there is virtually nobody out on the roads even when its rush hour. It is nice to not have to deal with tons of drivers out when I need to go somewhere. Maybe tomorrow my toilet paper plants will start baring fruit because they have yet to sprout. Maybe I just don't have as green of a thumb as I thought I did before the end of the world happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Even though you posted this less than an hour ago, both of those links a dead links.

It would be wise to observe italy and spain now, and not trust china numbers, their government was allready proven to delay information when the first infection occured in wuhan.

And living at the border to italy and to watch conservative, pro economy governments panic(they are the least to panic to hurt their own economy) and put everything under martial law and quarantine here in austria alone, tells something.

its says this is far from harmless. Also a quick reminder there is no cure to this and can possibly suffocate to death anyone who cannot resist the virus, most likely sick and eldery people, italy isn't the only country with a lot maybe even majority of eldery people in their population, btw. Austria is too, and we are on their border its no joke, if your parents and grand parents are almost guranteed to die, if they catch this.

Looking at the numbers china has given so far, the death rate in italy is allready higher than in china, but again, who can trust their data?

Is it the end of the world? probably not, but it feels like it, if you living in europe right now. Everything is closed by law and is a ghost town, now. People stopped to work or even got fired, while not allowed to go out of their homes.

2020 allready starts as a dystopia, not a good sign. At least nature has some pause to recover from the iron grip of mankind so there are not only bad news.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2020-03-21 at 05:42 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Oh boy, here come the denseskulls.

Regardless, few countries are either not reporting or not testing enough. Turkey and Russia are the obvious ones, given how many travel in and out of there.
    Russians are not traveling so much, and we have very effective epidemic investigation teams (those who identify who was in infected countries, who were contacting with etc)
    Atleast in Moscow these teams are doing good job. Also there is no need to test everyone, you should test yourself only if you feel really bad, like your breath shortens, that means not enough oxygen, or you are in group of risk (old etc).
    What is reason to test if your temperature is 37.5, you are 25, and feel more or less okay? Sit at home and enjoy video games. There is people that need test more than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Fucking seriously? She's saying they are "mean"? I guess we'll see a nice uptick in the median IQ when this plays out.
    Yeah. It's just...infuriating.

BTW, we're up to 537 cases. And it just keeps on going up and up.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Sure thing, Xi.
    Ha ha haaa. Funny. People who parrot PRC propaganda are funny. I hope they are getting paid for it atleast wew

Fuck Xi Jinping

7+ Year Old Account
    Im surprised that west is doing so awful job dealing with virus comparing Asian countries. You can say chinese were lying etc. But hey. They localised outbreak very quickly. Or look at south korea, Taiwan.
    I think we should not fall in to conspiracy theories and admit that asian people are just more disciplined as society than westerners. It seems we will have 1mill worldwide in a month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Updates every day

Total cases: 15,219
    Total deaths: 201
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Live updates, reputable site which sources its data well.

Total cases: 19,744
    Deaths: 275

Let's see what CDC site shows when it next updates Monday at noon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dentelan View Post
    Im surprised that west is doing so awful job dealing with virus comparing Asian countries. You can say chinese were lying etc. But hey. They localised outbreak very quickly. Or look at south korea, Taiwan.
    I think we should not fall in to conspiracy theories and admit that asian people are just more disciplined as society than westerners. It seems we will have 1mill worldwide in a month or so.
    Learning from SK is one thing, sensible frankly, but let's not pretend that disbelieving the Chinese government is unreasonable.

It is a safe heaven now.

CN mobile carriers show a decline of -8.000.000 CN users since the outbreak. Enjoy your stay in China, if you die, nobody will ever know.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Yeah. It's just...infuriating.

BTW, we're up to 537 cases. And it just keeps on going up and up.
    Ouch. Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    reports are italy isn't even counting deaths at home and some nursing homes as virus-related in some areas, and as deaths increase the difficulty of counting daily tolls only gets worse and eventually you figure becomes perfunctory at best.
    If you need the military to just deal with the amount of corpses every day, counting and testing is not your highest priority anymore.

It seems pretty clear by now that CN lied not a bit but massivly about the death rate, since they had the first numbers, every model was based on those. The shift to ignore CN completly and just use Italy/Spain/Western-EU numbers for current models speaks volumes.

Playing political games with a pandemic with this high morbidity rate will have consequences.

Italy got a better health care as CN per capita and just look at the real numbers from a 60mio country and what CN told the world as the first effected country. The most frightening thing about this is, that CN managed to HIDE 8.000.000+ deaths that are at this point the assumed number.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Even though you posted this less than an hour ago, both of those links a dead links.
    Yeah, I mistakenly linked from my favorites rather than getting the direct link, here they are:

How China is planning to use the coronavirus crisis to its advantage

Chinese launched movement to say sorry to America for spreading disinformation that US Army brought the coronavirus to Wuhan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    The most frightening thing about this is, that CN managed to HIDE 8.000.000+ deaths that are at this point the assumed number.
    What the actual fuck. Conspiracy theory shit doesn't belong here.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Dentelan View Post
    They welded people into their homes and locked them into camps to die...

Sure its effective but I doubt it would sit well with people

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    The most frightening thing about this is, that CN managed to HIDE 8.000.000+ deaths that are at this point the assumed number.
    I really hope you're not in here talking about cable subscription numbers...

It is a safe heaven now.

Amazing news! China, with a population of over 1.4 BILLION people, now has fewer COVID-19 deaths than Italy, with a mere 60 MILLION people.

Despite having over 23 TIMES the population of Italy, China is on track to have the lowest COVID-19 mortality rate of any country in the entire world. And no new COVID-19 cases in Wuhan, despite the ceaseless efforts of the U.S. Army to poison them with bioweapons. IT'S A MIRACLE!

Foreign media are “carriers”. Kick them out, and look how the numbers go down.
    Transparency spreads germs!

What if the numbers are true and China actually does end up with the least amount of casualties?
    Could something like that even be possible, statistically speaking?

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post

What is she on about? Reparations to the US? Wtf.

This is also something that annoys me. Could we please not make the corona virus an "American" story? This is a world wide problem, with Europe currently being savaged the most.