Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    None of what you've said have anything to do with what i was saying. The game is not tuned around your toon having bis gear from previous content
    I was trying to make sense out of his quote...
    My only reasoning is that is true for the pug world.

Makes no sense otherwise, you are right.

The only problem this game really has is mouth breathing circle jerk parrots of asmontard/bellular that will reeeee on the first chance

Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    The only problem this game really has is mouth breathing circle jerk parrots of asmontard/bellular that will reeeee on the first chance
    preach.
    he's included in that bunch too, but yeah, agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    preach.
    he's included in that bunch too, but yeah, agreed.
    At least preach used to play the game in the mythic raiding scene and has some valid points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    I was trying to make sense out of his quote...
    My only reasoning is that is true for the pug world.

Makes no sense otherwise, you are right.
    Well then, even if the game is tuned around sensible requirements, like, you know, 430 ilvl in normal ny'alotha, pug players will want 470 ilvl players in their runs, pug players want to overgear things and skip (or force through) as many encounter mechanics as possible, that's true and is not going away in wow. But generalizing pug players like that is not fair and there are pug raids that don't put idiotic requirements to make easy-to-pug content even easier, even if their benefit of doing that will be somewhere in a margin of error.

I'd also argue that game is not tuned around pugs at all, because if you actually go out of your own way to communicate with players, sometime you'll find a stable group of people to play with, who won't kick you for being new or having shitty luck on weapon drops
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

At least preach used to play the game in the mythic raiding scene and has some valid points.
    yeah but he's like "a broken clock is right twice a day" and not "actually has valid points"

like 1 out of every 20 things he says is remotely valid.

I mean he still does, unless it doesn't count because the guild he is in is the 74th in the world to kill mythic N'zoth.

He is not wrong the person you quoted...

One thing is repeating a dungeon at a competitive level with other people.

Another thing is repeating a solo-scenario for 3 or 4 hours alone and without any kind of competitiveness...just mindlessly doing the same thing...for every alt...
    How crazy is that?
    i unlocked the back on 13 alts, and it took me 1-1,3h on each (depending on gear and spec), if it takes you 3 to 4 hours i dont know what the hell you are doing, but theres something wrong...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    lol... you just don't know what to say to people who don't enjoy doing the same boring dailies, wqs and story over and over...
    you can get back and first few essences in 3h tops, after that what stops you from doing nothing but dungeons?
    leveling takes way more time, should it be removed bcs we cant get into high end content straight away?

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    What I don't get about people wanting to skip grinds on alts; don't you people make alts so you have something else to do?
    Well... I got all 3+ rank essences on my main. Through the gameplay that I enjoy (like raids, m+) and through things that I do not enjoy (like pvp).
    Then I wanted to tank some keys on alt.

Legion situation:
    1. Level alt.
    2. Run preferred content (M+).
    3. Got all things (AP, leggos, gear) through running only preferred content (M+).

BFA Situation:
    1. Level alt.
    2. Run preferred content (M+).
    3. Run non-preferred content (like old patches, rep grind AGAIN, sh*tty PVP to get BiS essences...) to get all things.

Guess in what situation I enjoyed playing alt?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Oh yes, the old "everyone that disagrees with me is a shill or a moron" argument used by people that have no actual argument.

Essences are gear. Neck is gear. Cloak is gear.

Your problem is you think you should get gear for free on your other characters just because you did it once. Obviously it should be easier, and it is. The fact you think it's more hoops to jump through proves you have no idea what you're talking about. They added them to things everyone actually working on getting a character going was going to be doing anyway. The only possible logic is you are someone that literally agrees with the OP, in which case, you should play a different kind of game and stop trying to remove things from mine.

It's everything to do with laziness. You don't wish to put in the time, even when it's been reduced and added to things you would be doing anyway if you actually wanted to play the game, which you clearly don't.
    Believe whatever the fuck you want to believe, I frankly don't care what you think. Blizzard only stooped in last minute, with a monkey paw wish granted alternative when it should have been present from the get-go.

Fuck them.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-03-21 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    i unlocked the back on 13 alts, and it took me 1-1,3h on each (depending on gear and spec), if it takes you 3 to 4 hours i dont know what the hell you are doing, but theres something wrong...
    It was mostly because i took breaks and was my first time doing the uldum assault (without any addon help)
    The scenarios alone were very boring and long...
    Smoke break every now and then and i increased my assault bar 1% by 1% :S

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Believe whatever the fuck you want to believe, I frankly don't care what you think. Blizzard only stooped in last minute, with a monkey paw wish granted alternative when it should have been present from the get-go.

Fuck them.
    reeee blizzard is not giving me what i want reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

reeee blizzard is not giving me what i want reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Sorry, I don't speak pig Latin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Yeah! Oh, oh and you know what else we need? Account wide accounts. Anything on my account should be account-wide on all my accounts!
    Yo dawg, we heard you like accounts so we put an account into your account....

Ok I think this is the stupidest thing I read all week, congrats op

One single post made completely of satire and it ropes in six pages of rubes.

Beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Anyone who thinks account wide essences are essential for playing alts are on the wrong track.

"Yey my alt gained rank 3 essences and now I do 2-4k more dps."

But alts are still unplayable because I'm doing like 10k-20k less damage than my main not because of essences but lack of account wide gear. Bis azerite pieces from raids and trinkets play much bigger role than tiny essence upgrades.

Account wide essences were good step but insignificant compared to gear updates from mythic raiding.
    Sorry you have to put in a little work

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Anyone who thinks account wide essences are essential for playing alts are on the wrong track.

"Yey my alt gained rank 3 essences and now I do 2-4k more dps."

But alts are still unplayable because I'm doing like 10k-20k less damage than my main not because of essences but lack of account wide gear. Bis azerite pieces from raids and trinkets play much bigger role than tiny essence upgrades.

Account wide essences were good step but insignificant compared to gear updates from mythic raiding.
    Nice bait.

Actually getting gear is much more entertaining than grinding essences.
    While you grind essences you do exactly the same thing as you were doing on your main. It was mindless grind, while on oher hand gearing is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well...fair point..one could say. But if you like dungeons, do dungeons. Get your gear from there.

You dislike doing WQs, dailies and the same story all over, because it is boring, but doing the same dungeons and raids (and maybe pvp) isn't boring.

Fine...I get it. But in the end you just like one repetitive activity more than another.
    To be honest I agree with him. Doing dungeons with other people is fun, killing mobs/trash while in group of friends is fun.
    Doing all Nazjatar Dailies 7 days/week isn't fun.

3-4 dungeons a week and maybe a few bosses is fun. Mindless grinding isn't.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2020-03-21 at 11:33 AM.

Simple solution: don´t play an alt if you don´t want to PLAY an alt

good dammit these kids these days "I raised my finger so clearly I deserve an A+"

You want to play another character? then do so...

Blizzard just replaced timegated essences with another mini-timegate, advertised as "account-wide"...if this doesnt tell you everything you need to know about Blizzard...i dont know.

Never gonna happen
    Can you really call something you obtain on the first day a 'mini-timegate'? As someone who hasn't really cared either way in the 'accountwide essences' debate, I was surprised at what a joke it was. But hey, maybe that's good because the people who have wanted this finally get a super easy way to get them.