Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think Blizzard made more money when stuff Wasn't timegated. Imagine all the Subs they would have gotten when 8.3 dropped if ppl ATT didn't have to farm a months or more worth of content just to be 8.3 relevant. (LFR doesn't count).

7+ Year Old Account
    Gearing up isnt that problem i like it but farming again same thing or similar for same target is just bullshit. Doing same quesstline for X times like cloak or visions seriously its just annoyin. I wish to do some alts but im disgusted with this and just drop that idea. If i have some free time to play untlill i could do for example nylotha or proper myth+ i need to do all that things before AGAIN and now when i could start doin proper shit my time is consumed...

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Can you really call something you obtain on the first day a 'mini-timegate'? As someone who hasn't really cared either way in the 'accountwide essences' debate, I was surprised at what a joke it was. But hey, maybe that's good because the people who have wanted this finally get a super easy way to get them.
    1500 currency in one day? How? :O

someone show this person the door

Hell no, account wide gear would be stupid. You wanna deal more damage? Farm on them. Essences being wide is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah..so like I said...you can gear up (even level up) through dungeons, right? I mean..mythic+ definitely has great gear. And I agree...when with friends it can be fun. Pugging..nah, I pass.

And it still doesn't solve the underlying fundamental issue of account wide gear yes or no. And if you can do mythic+ with friends on your alt...do you even need to do Nazjatar (as you put that as an example)?
    I think there was misunderstanding. I was talking about essences only.

And I agree that gearing should be separated, I mean you should get gear on the level you're playing your alt(for an example if you do heroic raiding -> get 460ilvl etc.).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Accound wide essences or gear(yes I know the OP wasn't being serious) wouldn't be necessary if Blizzard hadn't gutted classes of all their abilities and rented them back via temporary power through legendaries/essences/azerite.

Think carefully about this.
    Blizzard never gutted a class of all of their abilities. Never happened.

Legendaries and Azerite gear hasn't given new abilities to any classes.

No essence power is rented from a previously removed class ability.

Yikes. 3 out of 3. Think carefully about that.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Oh yes, the old "everyone that disagrees with me is a shill or a moron" argument used by people that have no actual argument.

Essences are gear. Neck is gear. Cloak is gear.

Your problem is you think you should get gear for free on your other characters just because you did it once. Obviously it should be easier, and it is. The fact you think it's more hoops to jump through proves you have no idea what you're talking about. They added them to things everyone actually working on getting a character going was going to be doing anyway. The only possible logic is you are someone that literally agrees with the OP, in which case, you should play a different kind of game and stop trying to remove things from mine.

It's everything to do with laziness. You don't wish to put in the time, even when it's been reduced and added to things you would be doing anyway if you actually wanted to play the game, which you clearly don't.
    Essences are not gear, actually. They're talents. We have gear as character-specific progression, we don't need anything more. Everything other than gear can and should be account wide progression(with no advantage to having more characters than 1, just the ability to play whichever character you feel like).

- - - Updated - - -

Well...fair point..one could say. But if you like dungeons, do dungeons. Get your gear from there.

You dislike doing WQs, dailies and the same story all over, because it is boring, but doing the same dungeons and raids (and maybe pvp) isn't boring.

Fine...I get it. But in the end you just like one repetitive activity more than another.
    That's the problem. You can absolutely get gear from the content you enjoy only. Arguably AP too, although there's definitely some types of content that massively overreward AP relative to other content(islands and WQs, basically). You can't get cloak upgrades from whatever content you want. You can't get essences from whatever content you want(or well, now alts can, a year into the system existing). There's too much shit on top of gear that you have to get nowadays, and the way acquisition of the extra stuff is distributed is pretty bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feuerbart View Post
    Simple solution: don´t play an alt if you don´t want to PLAY an alt

good dammit these kids these days "I raised my finger so clearly I deserve an A+"

You want to play another character? then do so...
    Unfortunately there's a bunch of stupid required content I have to do before I get to actually play my alt in content I enjoy(which is the only part I legitimately consider "playing" a character)

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah..so like I said...you can gear up (even level up) through dungeons, right? I mean..mythic+ definitely has great gear. And I agree...when with friends it can be fun. Pugging..nah, I pass.

And it still doesn't solve the underlying fundamental issue of account wide gear yes or no. And if you can do mythic+ with friends on your alt...do you even need to do Nazjatar (as you put that as an example)?
    Yes, because essences force you to. Or forced, until literally a week ago. You also had to farm something like 20 hours of random BGs if you wanted to play basically any melee DPS and certain ranged. Mechagon if you wanted to tank any content or do M+ as DPS. Eternal Palace(as in the previous raid) for healing Necrotic or for ST DPS as a bunch of specs. Arena/RBGs for basically every spec in the game.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2020-03-21 at 01:38 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    There are people who like to play end game content with alts and perform close to their main.
    Then put the time in to get your alts to the same level as your main.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    wow, did u actually take this thread seriously?
    I mean honestly it's a 50/50 chance whether it's a troll thread or he actually believes this. I went with the latter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Got to love people defending Blizz, praising them for adding more hoops to jump through...
    Except, if you took a look at the new system, you'd see it's actually way less hoops to "jump through". I mean, I honestly don't get your math. I mean:

Before this change, to get your essences, you'd likely be doing:
    • Assaults;
    • Mythic+;
    • PvP;
    • Horrific Visions;
    • Nazjatar;
    • Eternal Palace;
    • Mechagon.

And take days for the Lucid Dreams essence, and several weeks for Condensed Life Force.

And now, you'd likely be doing:
    • Assaults;
    • Mythic+;
    • PvP;
    • Horrific Visions.

7 things to grind before... 4 now. How, honestly, did you somehow reach this absurd conclusion that you now have more "hoops to jump through" than you had before? Especially considering, for example, you can get Rank 3 Condensed Life Force in less of an hour instead of having to do Eternal Palace over and over for several weeks?
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    i unlocked the back on 13 alts, and it took me 1-1,3h on each (depending on gear and spec), if it takes you 3 to 4 hours i dont know what the hell you are doing, but theres something wrong...

- - - Updated - - -

you can get back and first few essences in 3h tops, after that what stops you from doing nothing but dungeons?
    leveling takes way more time, should it be removed bcs we cant get into high end content straight away?
    It should be massively sped up for alts, yes. At least as an option. Current heirlooms are a joke. Maybe make heirlooms give a bigger bonus the more characters at a higher level than your current character you have.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I mean honestly it's a 50/50 chance whether it's a troll thread or he actually believes this. I went with the latter
    Poe's Law is a beautiful thing, ain't it?
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Account wide gear is not enough, we need account wide self-replenishing consumables.

What is this.. /r/ChoosingBeggers?

I am always wary about "forced you". But maybe that is because I have some restraint. I will absolutely NOT do pvp, though an essence that I have seen ppl use in HV comes from there. (Just like I know ppl who love pvp and absolutely skip HV, legendary cloak etc)

So while I am still against account wide gear - in the case of essences it would maybe be a solution to have a currency that you get from pve activities (any) and a pvp currency and that lets you eventually buy what you want. (like the catch up currency for alts that we have now). Ofc I can see ppl complain that they now must no-life everything to get the max currency (triggers the "forced to do mindless grind" debate)...so a weekly cap would be ok...in which case we have the "time gating" debate. Though I think how CV works is pretty ok...you basically can only get so much of them by doing certain activities (yeah..I know..atm that is dailies / WQs...but ofc that could be adjusted to "either do 7 WQs in 2 zones for your 2500 CVs or do 3 dungeons or do a raid....no idea really...just suggesting).
    Yeah, completely agreed. The current setup for alt essences is more or less how I think essences(and legendaries) should've worked from the beginning. Adding a conquest-style weekly cap to it would be good too. That way if you stay on top of your essence farming, you only have to do a little content to be fine for the week, but if you fall behind you have the option of catching up by doing more content.

It's honestly a bit weird to me how they're obsessed with making you able to get gear from all content, but then forced you to do specific content for specific essences. Seems like a very inconsistent philosophy of wanting multiple valid endgame progression paths.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2020-03-21 at 02:04 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

TBH I think the cap worked for the cloak (not so much for capping vessels and CV initially - let me chose when I want to just spend 3 vessels and when I want to spend 8...which is now possible). And apparently the system for the cores that drop next week is: If you are rank 15, you get 1. If you are rank 4, you can get to rank 15 and then get 1 from HV and one from completing a raid. So there is another catch up.

Hopefully this sort of system makes it into SL
    Yeah, indeed. That's basically the same sort of idea as conquest. Would be nice if you could get more than 2 +3s for catching up later on by doing more Visions, but (after the buffs to coal droprates) the way the weekly increase to the cloak cap works is good. I was honestly pretty impressed that they had catchup for the +3 cores added in already before they were even available to players, because in WoD they didn't add any catchup to the equivalent item(ring upgrades from Archimonde) until half a year into the patch and in Legion they never added any catchup for it at all.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

7+ Year Old Account
    Or maybe made WoW idle game style just autoclick on attack and lvl up !

10+ Year Old Account
    What's next? Make a main, click a button and all your alts get 480 BIS gear?
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    There are people who like to play end game content with alts and perform close to their main.
    And these people need to farm gear just like everyone else. Sorry that Alt 2391857 can't be an LFR hero. You have to play them too and stop being an entitled idiot.