Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is it just me, or do Alliance have slightly higher chance to 200% missions from BFA?

I faction changed my main to alliance last patch and recently brought it back to Horde. While I was alliance I had no problem getting 200% on every mission unless I was just sending out one character alone to collect XP. Before I left I had all my champions maxed to legendary and I would get 200% on nearly every mission without really having to try, but it was immediately easier as well.

I thought it was strange but I wasn't sure if the reason was due to an actual feature in the game favoring the alliance (I would presume due to faction imbalance) but sure enough now with my main back on Horde and all three of my characters with maxed out champions it's no different than it ever was since the xpac started, even in a best case scenario I usually physically cannot 200% the majority of missions.

As alliance I would be able to pretty much all of the time, whether or not I sent minions and even if I didn't meet all requirements. Like, missions suck anyways but that's all the more reason this shouldn't be a difficult thing.

So wtf is it the deal? I just wanna know mainly out of morbid curiosity so I know not just that this is a shitty xpac but the specific ways in which it sucks.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2020-03-21 at 12:46 PM.

Without real numbers, screenshots or any actual information to back it up, I don't see any other answer than get your hat off.

What an idiotic response. I don't get 200% missions often at all, because it's not physically possible on Horde, but had them all the time on Alliance. I didn't say why, and I don't know why, but it's certainly something *I experienced*, you know not all our champions have the same buffs right? In a game like this there's bound to be people with similar experiences. If that's not you well maybe you should just not participate in threads you don't have anything to add to.

Quote Originally Posted by monkaTOS View Post
    I can't really help you
    Thx Captain Obvious.

i'm kinda intrigued to find out if anyone has the spreadsheet on this though. Hope you figure it out!
    I mean I'm probably not going to try any harder than posting this but if someone knows, or has experienced something similar to me having played both factions at max level in this expansion I'd like to know.

I don't know what to say, except that some players have problems 5-mask clearing visions, some have problems with Mythic N'zoth and then there's you having problems with mission table. I guess that says something about the diversity of the playerbase.

I can't really help you and I'd be surprised if anyone else has done any meaningful statistical work around the feature. To be honest, I don't think many pay very much attention to it? It's sort of a "click and move on" exercise.
    I didn’t even know the mission table existed until I came back in 8.2 after downing ghuun in the first raid patch.

Aren't they literally the same in terms of mechanics just with different models/names?

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Aren't they literally the same in terms of mechanics just with different models/names?
    Yeah this thread (and his brain) are a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are, quite literally, mirrored.

Revert to first reply in this thread for more advice on the topic.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    What an idiotic response. I don't get 200% missions often at all, because it's not physically possible on Horde, but had them all the time on Alliance. I didn't say why, and I don't know why, but it's certainly something *I experienced*, you know not all our champions have the same buffs right? In a game like this there's bound to be people with similar experiences. If that's not you well maybe you should just not participate in threads you don't have anything to add to.
    I get them all the time on Horde. just gotta have the right combo. you are also aware you can get follower equipment to boost success chance yeah?

i think alliance champions have slightly different perks, maybe thats why

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    I didn’t even know the mission table existed until I came back in 8.2 after downing ghuun in the first raid patch.
    So you didn't do War campaign during 8.0? Because sending a champion on a mission is one of the first campaign missions and you can't progress further without doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    just gotta have the right combo.
    You dont say...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    i think alliance champions have slightly different perks, maybe thats why
    Champions on each faction have different arrangement of perks, and that was a large part of what made the difference in my experience, but also troops do not spawn the same for everyone, that is RNG. And to say the least my RNG on Alliance side was amazingly better than Horde.

For people intent on talking out of their arse in the thread you can see for yourself that Alliance and Horde do not have exactly equivalent champions right here (or ya know if you actually played both factions which many of you clearly do not): https://www.wowhead.com/bfa-champions
    Last edited by Shakou; 2020-03-21 at 01:51 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    You dont say...
    but what I am saying is that it's largely anecdotal. you don't have any actual evidence backing it up, it's more of a feeling. and feelings when it comes to mathematical chances of success are irrelevant. you have exactly the same chance of hitting 200% on Horde as you do on Alliance

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    It is just you. Trust me.
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    but what I am saying is that it's largely anecdotal. you don't have any actual evidence backing it up, it's more of a feeling. and feelings when it comes to mathematical chances of success are irrelevant. you have exactly the same chance of hitting 200% on Horde as you do on Alliance
    What I am saying if that most of you people don't even play both factions so aren't even aware that there are differences. As a matter of fact, the Alliance champion that is closest to Rexxar has a 10% higher chance against ranged troops. But according to you, it's *exactly tHe sAmE!"

Is it really that hard for you people to stay out of threads where you don't have nothing at all to add and are just straight talking out of your ass?
    Last edited by Shakou; 2020-03-21 at 02:15 PM.

Well, Horde does lose its war campaign pretty much entirely, so you might be onto something here...
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

This isn't a topic to make a "is it just me" discussion over.
    If you believe there is something fundamentally unfair or flawed about the system, you need to provide proof.
    It would not be hard to do either thanks to the volume of these missions.

Just post whatever comparisons you are talking about between factions and discuss it that way.
    Once you do that, pivot the focus to WHY its that way and then there is something to talk about.

As for now, discussing a "slightly higher chance" to something like this is just a fruitless endeavor.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    What I am saying if that most of you people don't even play both factions so aren't even aware that there are differences. As a matter of fact, the Alliance champion that is closest to Rexxar has a 10% higher chance against ranged troops. But according to you, it's *exactly tHe sAmE!"

Is it really that hard for you people to stay out of threads where you don't have nothing at all to add and are just straight talking out of your ass?
    ok here we go: https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/missio...le-for-azeroth

now comparing all the Horde and Alliance champion traits there are 4 distinctive ones:

Alliance: Magister Umbric (Time Warp IconTime Warp — increases success chance by 15%) and Kelsey Steelspark (Stealth Suit IconStealth Suit — increases bonus loot chance by 30%)

Horde: Hobart Grapplehammer (The Big One IconThe Big One — increases success by 25% with a chance to kill accompanying troop) and Rexxar (Flanking Strike IconFlanking Strike — increases success chance of allied mounted troops by 20%)

so yeah, you do need to use mounted troops with Rexxar but the bonuses are essentially the same - both Alliance and Horde get 45% from their unique bonuses

how's that for talking out of my ass? I believe this thread is now over and done with, it can be closed now

What I am saying if that most of you people don't even play both factions
    How do you know?

so aren't even aware that there are differences. As a matter of fact,
    WoWHead exists.

the Alliance champion that is closest to Rexxar has a 10% higher chance against ranged troops. But according to you, it's *exactly tHe sAmE!"
    Wrong way of looking at it. in fact, Rexxar is ACTUALLY better than Keeshaw. Why? To get the full benefit from Keeshaw, you need a mission with two specific troop threats (melee and ranged). To get the full benefit from Rexxar... you only need one specific troop threat (ranged). Why? Because mounted troops get +20% from Rexxar. And what do mounted troops counter? Ranged troops, which Rexxar already has a +30% bonus against.

Alliance champion: 60% if you have two specific troop threats in the mission.
    Horde champion: 50% if you have one specific troop threat in the mission, if you counter it.

Why is the Alliance one better, again?

This is... hilariously ironic.