Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Korrah's Revenge Vs Winds of Wisdom - which gives more?

Which do you reckon is faster on alts? And which do you prefer to have?

Well, considering that questing is the fastest leveling method normally and that it takes 3-4 days of gametime 1-120 and that Korrak's Revenge allowed people to level 1-120 in mere hours... I think the latter is still faster.

EDIT: If you're gonna quote me on this, read the other comments first. Please

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dethxx View Post
    Who's Korrah?
    Google is your friend
    Last edited by Shinrael; 2020-03-26 at 05:34 AM.

I would say Winds of Wisdom is significantly faster, especially for those of us who have leveled many times and know the best zones to quest in, what dungeons to do or skip, etc.

Plus Korrak's you had to wait on queues, you would lose matches and get less exp (less so if leveling as Horde), and it was much less effective from 1-60.

People just afked Korrag so ofc they liked it more.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Not sure which gives more, but Korrak's was so much fun that I even forgot I was leveling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Korrak's gave significant XP bonuses upon taking a tower and a gargantuan boost taking down the captains. While I only lvld characters from 111-120 during Korrak's, the daily quests gave roughly 20% XP with most available XP boosts, the towers gave ~40% of an XP bar each, Captains gave over 80% of a lvl during the 2-3 times they were actually killed (Because ppl would rather push into the opposing turtle, and the win gave roughly a lvl and a half. Not to mention the solid gear boosts - Weapons, off-spec weapons, rings, ect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Korrah's revengeful winds of wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Korrak's gave significant XP bonuses upon taking a tower and a gargantuan boost taking down the captains. While I only lvld characters from 111-120 during Korrak's, the daily quests gave roughly 20% XP with most available XP boosts, the towers gave ~40% of an XP bar each, Captains gave over 80% of a lvl during the 2-3 times they were actually killed (Because ppl would rather push into the opposing turtle, and the win gave roughly a lvl and a half. Not to mention the solid gear boosts - Weapons, off-spec weapons, rings, ect.
    I think Korrak's would be much faster. It's hard to measure both though.

Leveling from 1 - 60 was the real obstacle during korrak's, 60 - 120 was completely free.

"winds of wisdom" makes 1 - 60 a lot better but you can't cruise past 60 like with korrak.

Going from 1 - 120 is probably faster than korraks now but a lot less fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Well, considering that questing is the fastest leveling method normally and that it takes 3-4 days of gametime 1-120 and that Korrak's Revenge allowed people to level 1-120 in mere hours... I think the latter is still faster.

- - - Updated - - -

Google is your friend
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=35773/ce...earcher-korrah

Imagine if we had both.....

Psssssst, Blizzard, make Korraks a brawl. Do it

Ontopic tho, Winds is much more flexible obviously and MUCH better at low levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post

They'll most likely keep it as a recurring thing for every anniversary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Korrak was insanely fast. Winds is pretty fast.

I’d say winds from 1-99 and Korrak from 100-120

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post

Ontopic tho, Winds is much more flexible obviously and MUCH better at low levels.
    Nothing would change by having both, you'd still get 3% per minute. Passive XP gain in Korrak was not affected by heirlooms or any other xp increasing item, it was just the xp you gain from killing things and quest turn ins that was affected by heirlooms. It was a set amount of 3%/min.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    1-100 Winds of Wisdom
    100-110 not sure
    110-120 Korraks Revenge (especially since you could do it AFK)

/thread

Does winds stack with rested XP bonus?

You can't really compare the two.

Korrak's revenge was a method, Winds of Wisdom is a buff/modifier.

Korrak's revenge was only fast for higher level characters (the higher the faster) but it was completely afk - you could just stand and jump every 5 minutes. Winds of wisdom just gives you more exp whatever you do.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Does winds stack with rested XP bonus?
    Stacks with all other exp bonuses, yes

Right now at lvl50 its around 20% level per quest. This gets alot better in wotlk when the quests are much more bunched together.