10+ Year Old Account
    wisconsin here. up to 281 cases 4 deaths now outagamie has it. been rising sharply the past few days here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    No that's prophecy-based nonsense that's probably derived from "pattern projection". How many people actually get infected depends on how effective people are at finding new solutions tomorrow, the day after, and so on. Which is unpredictable in principle.
    get out of this thread with your science/fact denying garbage. seriously.

- - - Updated - - -

Notice how you switched from an argument about an 'idea' to an argument about 'people'. That's what happens when your ideas fail, you have to switch to an ad hominem approach.
    maybe its because all of your arguments are pure garbage.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    get out of this thread with your science/fact denying garbage. seriously.

- - - Updated - - -

maybe its because all of your arguments are pure garbage.
    Why? It's pretty obvious that we can't use historical data to predict and solve the constant flow of entirely new problems that humanity will always face.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-03-22 at 04:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    How would you be able to tell the difference between the zombies and Trump supporters?
    Reminds me of a take on an old joke. How can you tell the difference between a dead zombie on the road and a dead Trump supporter on the road?

Edit -

Also has this chart been posted or referenced yet? It's pretty troubling for the United States.

Last edited by Merkava; 2020-03-22 at 04:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why? It's pretty obvious that we can't use historical data to predict and solve the constant flow of entirely new problems that humanity will always face.
    The spread of infectious disease is by no means an "entirely new problem". You are, yet again, denying facts and reality because your anti-science agenda can't handle them.

Speaking of Hydroxychloroquine:

"We are planning a multicentre randomised controlled trial (NCT04304053) to evaluate the efficacy of antiviral treatment in anyone found to be infected, and the efficacy of prophylactic hydroxychloroquine in preventing secondary SARS-CoV-2 infections and disease symptoms among all contacts. Our objective is to evaluate the reduction in transmissibility of SARS-CoV-2 and in disease progression among the contacts of an index case. The design intervention is based on the design used during the Ebola ça Suffit vaccination trial for Ebola in 2015.6 A person newly diagnosed with the disease becomes the index case, around whom an epidemiologically defined ring of contacts is formed. This ring is then randomised to either intervention or control in a 1:1 ratio on an open-label basis. The study will be done over the course of the COVID-19 outbreak in the Catalonia region of Spain, with initial results expected in May, 2020. Identifying a treatment for the prevention of COVID-19 would change the course of the outbreak entirely.
    We declare no competing interests."

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...114-5/fulltext

Also: Novartis is promising to massively ramp up their hydroxychloroquine producion

https://www.novartis.com/news/media-...demic-response
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2020-03-22 at 05:41 AM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Australia is now up to 1286, with Sydney by far being the largest hotspot for cases. We are doubling ever 3 to 4 days, which is about what other places are experiencing. From best estimates, and known numbers of ICU spaces, Australia is expected to max out its ICU units in early April unless the growth can be curbed.

NSW and Victoria are both announcing a ban on all non-essential activities and a lot of the states are locking down their own internal borders. There is a cabinet meeting this evening that will be discussing what to do with schools, but so far we have been following the Singapore model and keeping them open. They really don't want to shut them as it would mean loosing 30% of the health sector workforce when they really need them available.

There was also a rather big stimulus package announced, targeting the unemployed, casual workers, pensioners and small businesses. The Jobseeker allowance is in effect being doubled

Very touching to see our great President taking time to give a lengthy update everyday

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    USA is now no. 3 on the infection list, having just surpassed Spain.
    Everyone here should understand that States will surpass Italy too relatively soon. I don't think it can be questioned.
    As it is looking now you are going to pass China, you already have in the same time frame. That is assuming their numbers are correct but that shows how this county by county, state by state isolation, calling it a hoax is going to cause quite a bit of damage sadly for you guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Very touching to see our great President taking time to give a lengthy update everyday
    You mean this?

Popped on my instagram, good laugh but really quite sad that even this has to be about him despite him handling it poorly on all fronts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post

"We are planning a multicentre randomised controlled trial (NCT04304053) to evaluate the efficacy of antiviral treatment in anyone found to be infected, and the efficacy of prophylactic hydroxychloroquine in preventing secondary SARS-CoV-2 infections and disease symptoms among all contacts. Our objective is to evaluate the reduction in transmissibility of SARS-CoV-2 and in disease progression among the contacts of an index case. The design intervention is based on the design used during the Ebola ça Suffit vaccination trial for Ebola in 2015.6 A person newly diagnosed with the disease becomes the index case, around whom an epidemiologically defined ring of contacts is formed. This ring is then randomised to either intervention or control in a 1:1 ratio on an open-label basis. The study will be done over the course of the COVID-19 outbreak in the Catalonia region of Spain, with initial results expected in May, 2020. Identifying a treatment for the prevention of COVID-19 would change the course of the outbreak entirely.

Also: Novartis is promising to massively ramp up their hydroxychloroquine producion

At best a month from now and why is novartis increasing their production right now without any proof? Are they expecting people to buy it now out of desperation?

Edit: They are trying to gain more ground on EU soil. That's their plan. Ugh, big pharma.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    I mean... what do you want him to do exactly? He isn't a chemist and I doubt his knowledge of medicine is anything beyond rudimentary.

Locking everything down needed to be done by January at the latest it's near pointless now. I get not liking him but it's at the point where trying to calm people down is likely the best he can do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Karl View Post
    I mean... what do you want him to do exactly? He isn't a chemist and I doubt his knowledge of medicine is anything beyond rudimentary.

Locking everything down needed to be done by January at the latest it's near pointless now. I get not liking him but it's at the point where trying to calm people down is likely the best he can do.
    Pretty sure locky is one of a people who is a fan of trump (aka his statement wasn't sarcasm).

Well, this virus does one thing right ... Showing American Hollywood Celebs true colors... Ritch Narcysystic out of touch cunts. Fuck some of these people are dum.

10+ Year Old Account

That's interesting. There's some other drugs said to slow down or prevent the virus from establishing a foothold in the body. Nothing conclusive but they've found correlations.

Trump tweeted out Z Paks working too. As a layman I'm not sure how that would be the case since Z Pak is for bacterial respiratory infections, not usually affective against viral infections. But if it works or helps symptoms from progressing then they need to try it. Only thing about experimenting with Z Paks is that there's the potential to create super bacteria, which would be worse than dealing with a virus.

Authorities should go ahead and push hydroxychloroquine if it's safe. Give people a chance even if studies aren't conclusive yet.

Edit: some people are getting bacterial pneumonia because of the havoc the virus runs on your system. In that case Z Paks will definitely help.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2020-03-22 at 08:15 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Trump tweeted out Z Paks working too. As a layman I'm not sure how that would be the case since Z Pak is for bacterial respiratory infections, not usually affective against viral infections.
    Azithromycin is sometimes used to treat malaria, though we don't appear to know why it works.

Presumably it works on this virus for a similar reason to why hydroxychloroquine does.

Assuming it does actually work.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Zinstorm View Post
    Pretty sure locky is one of a people who is a fan of trump (aka his statement wasn't sarcasm).
    Ooo I thought it was... my bad there then.

Quote Originally Posted by The Scourge of Azuremyst View Post
    2, China only has 6k.
    Then India should already have more than a million. Completely mooting the argument.
    Yes, because the infection started everywhere at the exact same time. How exactly are you even remotely qualified to discuss this topic?

Quote Originally Posted by The Scourge of Azuremyst View Post
    Yet again you have proven that you entirely lack the logical reasoning you keep whining about. All here have seen this now, the only reason youre coming here is to pick fights. Dismissed.
    Are you talking to yourself? If you happen to come from central Germany, I can recommend a few shrinks to help with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Azithromycin is sometimes used to treat malaria, though we don't appear to know why it works.

Presumably it works on this virus for a similar reason to why hydroxychloroquine does.

Assuming it does actually work.
    Keep in mind that Malaria is caused by a parasitic microorganism, not a virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Dentelan View Post
    He called hospital and they came to test him
    Had he been travelling abroad (I assume he is a local friend)?

Very good video to watch on the subject TLDR: the Chinese tried a lot of these methods but not in a sample size large enough to determine their effectiveness. What is disturbing however is that companies in the US increased the prices overnight when Trump gave his word diarrhea which means if a cure is found odds are most Americans will not be able to afford it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    That's interesting. There's some other drugs said to slow down or prevent the virus from establishing a foothold in the body. Nothing conclusive but they've found correlations.

Trump tweeted out Z Paks working too. As a layman I'm not sure how that would be the case since Z Pak is for bacterial respiratory infections, not usually affective against viral infections. But if it works or helps symptoms from progressing then they need to try it. Only thing about experimenting with Z Paks is that there's the potential to create super bacteria, which would be worse than dealing with a virus.

Authorities should go ahead and push hydroxychloroquine if it's safe. Give people a chance even if studies aren't conclusive yet.

Edit: some people are getting bacterial pneumonia because of the havoc the virus runs on your system. In that case Z Paks will definitely help.
    Doctors have warned that these drugs can be fatal hydroxychloroquine for example can cause heart failure so it needs to be last resort and there's no guarantee it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    Also has this chart been posted or referenced yet? It's pretty troubling for the United States.

An exponential growth of a disease is troubling in general, but not especially worrying for the US, since a lot of that data is pretty unreliable.

Since the US tested too little at the start and now have begun testing more it's natural that they are above the line.
    The UK (and a few cities in the US) now have so many cases that testing isn't a priority - which causes the confirmed cases to drop below the line.

What is more worrying is that even the strict variants in Singapore and Japan don't seem to be enough to stop it from infecting a large percentage of the population before we have a vaccine.

Noted a trending meme by grotesquely disgusting individuals calling this pandemic the "Boomer Remover"...

How seriously fucking sickening these warped wastes of space are.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    What is more worrying is that even the strict variants in Singapore and Japan don't seem to be enough to stop it from infecting a large percentage of the population before we have a vaccine.
    Flattening the curve is realistically the only thing we can do one way or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.