Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[Anime] Bleach Returns 2021

its official Bleach anime returns next year. The thousand year blood war arc. hopefully this time the ending can be fixed. also not much is known yet more details will come out later.

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...-blood-war-arc
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

7+ Year Old Account
    its going to be way to hard to fix that shit final

The only fix to me is if they ended in the fullbring arc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    The only fix to me is if they ended in the fullbring arc.
    Let's be real here. If you want the "True" ending, you stop at Sayonara Rukia.

HYPED for this return, though. Reading between the lines, it really feels like Kubo has done some extensive re-writes.

Plus, Burn The Witch OVA!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post

HYPED for this return, though. Reading between the lines, it really feels like Kubo has done some extensive re-writes.

Plus, Burn The Witch OVA!
    If they have to continue i wish to end at least in that arc, everything beyond that is just bullshit and ruined the manga to me

i didn't say i want the "true ending" i said it would be ok to end there, fullbring was a nice concept and explained about how the normal humans had powers, that was cool to me, and if they had explored more the tension about the enemy and everyone turning on ichigo by his power it would be great.

The question, can him fix the history in the anime? i can't see it, not hyped at all, and will only give it a try after its done and read about the end

Eh, read the manga and the shows quality dropped more and more when it was relevant, so I'm not really eager to see it return now. The last arcs had very little highlights in the first place (fullbringer was all arround shit and the last one was mostly tedious).. only one I remember was the old man's bankai pretty much. Everything else is kinda rubbish, ichigo's last swords even looked shite, despite the hyping of reforging them.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    ichigo's last swords even looked shite, despite the hyping of reforging them.
    Yeah, what really annoyed me is the big hype of Ichigo having two swords now, even adapting his Getsuga Tenshou to utilise it... And then when he goes Bankai. Which he does. All the freakin time. They merge back into one blade. So what's the freakin point?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I already got the only thing I needed out of bleach because it went downhill fast after aizen gets beat:

Finding out that Ichigo ended up with the one true bleach bae Orihime. Fuck all the Rukia shippers >:}

Show can do whateverit wants to now, because it's been played out and went on longer than it should have, like onepiece or naruto, or any other "ongoing" shitshow and I'm not gonna watch it regardless.

I'm really excited for this but I might have heard they're going to upgrade the graphics. If they do, I hope it won't be kiddie cartoony like d gray man reboot.

By the transitive properties of Bleach: bleach is mostly water, we are mostly water, bleach is anime, therefore, we are anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    100% agree. The Fullbringer storyline had potential, but too much of it felt really, really stupid (Dirty Boots is a power? wtf?), and the Thousand Year Blood War, in my eyes, was just bad all the way around. Quincies are more or less made out to be archers with light-based powers throughout the series and then when we meet their army...we have a goofy pro-wrestler guy, a giant, a girl who can eat everything, a girl who can make zombies, and they can suddenly steal a Captain's bankai because reasons. Also their great king can see and and all possible futures, but is ultimately taken out by Ichigo's toddler in the future with a simple fingerpoke of doom.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    I already got the only thing I needed out of bleach because it went downhill fast after aizen gets beat:

Finding out that Ichigo ended up with the one true bleach bae Orihime. Fuck all the Rukia shippers >:}
    Orihime may have been designed in order to be more physically appealing to the predominantly male audience, but Ichigo had far more chemistry with Rukia.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It was pretty clear that he was forced to cut the story short.
    because he spend a lot of time with nonsense, and cutting the story short is not the only problem the manga had

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osoroshii View Post
    100% agree. The Fullbringer storyline had potential, but too much of it felt really, really stupid (Dirty Boots is a power? wtf?),
    it was not the best but it was fine if done a bit better, explained how humans got powers, i like that, and all the issue with it Tsukishima(?) inserting himself in Ichigo family and friends, damn, if this plot was better explored it could be awesome, you could feel Ichigo pain and and he thinking he was crazy when no one was by his side,Then the only one, was in fact the villain all along, that was a hell of a plot-twist.

And the final, well, i was ok with that end, simple and open for some spin-offs with minor side stories of investigation and substitute shinigami work.

because he spend a lot of time with nonsense, and cutting the story short is not the only problem the manga had
    It was cut short because it waned in popularity in japan (the only market that even remotely matters). New series like Black Clover were pulling considerably better numbers in weekly shonen jump. It was kind of obvious that Kubo Tite had no proper plans to tell the story past the defeat of Aizen and that alone killed interest.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I kinda tuned out with the original Bleach after the first few episodes when it was current.

Might give it another try.

7+ Year Old Account
    It was cut short because it waned in popularity in japan (the only market that even remotely matters). New series like Black Clover were pulling considerably better numbers in weekly shonen jump. It was kind of obvious that Kubo Tite had no proper plans to tell the story past the defeat of Aizen and that alone killed interest.
    i know that, im saying this don't give an excuse for the shitty final, good or accepted finals can be done rushed too, the whole final arc to me just felt awful, not because it was rushed but because it was rly bad imo

I wish I was excited, but I thought the thousand year blood war arc was pretty terrible. Aizen was a great villain so I guess Yhwach didn't stand much of a chance, but even then it feels like they didn't even try to make him a good villain.

Well hopefully they'll have a nice animation budget because some things like Kenpachi vs. Unohana, Kenpachi's bankai, and Shunsui's bankai were cool as fuck

edit: apparently I don't know how to do spoiler tags, what's the thing that will hide that?
    Last edited by Not A Cat; 2020-03-22 at 01:33 PM.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

i know that, im saying this don't give an excuse for the shitty final, good or accepted finals can be done rushed too, the whole final arc to me just felt awful, not because it was rushed but because it was rly bad imo
    Eh, hard to tell. It could have become better towards the end if it had actually had time to develop, though I agree the setup for the last arc wasn't great in the first place. Getting the axe has certainly has never improved a any serialization though. Not sure if that was because Kubo lost interrest himself or if he simply ran out of ideas in the first place.

That it gets picked up now is actually quite weird. I'm not aware of alot of people demanding a continuation.

7+ Year Old Account
    Eh, hard to tell. It could have become better towards the end if it had actually had time to develop, though I agree the setup for the last arc wasn't great in the first place. Getting the axe has certainly has never improved a any serialization though. Not sure if that was because Kubo lost interrest himself or if he simply ran out of ideas in the first place.

That it gets picked up now is actually quite weird. I'm not aware of alot of people demanding a continuation.
    i read somewhere he was just putting things to keep going, not interest at all, so they axed him to finish, prob justified.

Maybe people who didn't read the manga are waiting for the end, only thing i can think off,, like the fairy tail who people demanded the final, and it was also lame.

If he think he can do better in the anime thats is great but, they would like change 90% of it, to me the whole arc was bad, the premise of the quinces coming back was so good, but then jesus, everything was awful, dude just gave a great example of why power lv is such a problem if you don't work on it.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2020-03-22 at 01:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    mannnnn I remember reading the end of bleach but it really mustive been bad cause I didn't remember Ichigo even getting married and stuff last thing I remember is just the huge chain of asspull fights that got me really bored, like Kubo can do some great looking fights artwise but shit did he definitely need more direction with the story.