Page 1 of 2
LastLast

To All Dire Maul Solo Farmers

Have you noticed a decrease in Arcane Crystals lately?

AH price gone up 10g on my server. And I’m on a 35 vein / 2 crystal bad luck streak at the moment.

Stealth nerf or bad luck?

Onyxia deep breaths more often now too!

Covid-19 is to blame I bet.

Why did I come here for answers lol

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks0410 View Post
    Your question was asked 60 times already over the time of a few months. It never got "stealth nerfed" . It wont be the case now. Are you happy now? RNG is RNG.

But yeah dont ask questions here, everyone is toxic here.

Why did you come here and ask a question that you already knew the answer to? You said it yourself, bad luck.

Price has gone down 5g on my server and I have gotten 2 crystals in my last 2 veins. Doesnt mean droprate was upped to 100% ^^

Because we have this question asked 2432342 times before about other things like mounts drop, specific transmog items, Onyxia breaths, MC trash items, corruption on gear etc.
    You have just got bad luck lately. Nothing else.
    Yesterday my friend had 2 Arcanes in single run.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Yesterday my friend had 2 Arcanes in single run.
    Obviously, drop rates have been buffed to insane levels and need to be nerfed to their original 1.12 values.

15+ Year Old Account
    Have gotten 7 crystals in the last 5 days (5 runs a day). Seems normal.

Maybe things change over time so it doesn’t matter the question has been asked before. I think a lot of you just like to bitch over anything on forums that aren’t moderated these days.

Some of you experienced normal drop rates. That literally the only answer I was looking for. It seems like I’ve just been unlucky. Now calm your tits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Have gotten 7 crystals in the last 5 days (5 runs a day). Seems normal.
    Thank you.
    /10char

Maybe things do not just change randomly over time, just like all the other persistent rumors and questions popping up ever other maintenance.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Are people making posts "stealth buff" when they get 3 in an hour? No. RNG is RNG!
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

“I’m still getting consistent drops, I think you’re just unlucky”.

Why is this so hard.

A stealth nerf is a nerf that happens without anyone knowing at first. My question is a legitimate one. 2 crystals in 35 veins. If you had gotten this unlucky you’d be asking the same question.

But I got my answer from Kaneiac. Mods, you can close this.

If you had gotten this unlucky you’d be asking the same question.
    No, i wouldn't. What would be the motivation for Blizzard to stealth nerf such a thing?
    Also, how often does Blizzard actually "stealth nerf" anything, and how often intentionally? Most of the times, the players find out anyhow, it is not a very sensible way to regulate anything in games nowadays.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

“I’m still getting consistent drops, I think you’re just unlucky”.

Why is this so hard.

A stealth nerf is a nerf that happens without anyone knowing at first. My question is a legitimate one. 2 crystals in 35 veins. If you had gotten this unlucky you’d be asking the same question.

But I got my answer from Kaneiac. Mods, you can close this.
    rng is rng,i remember in wod a guy made a post saying he got zero drops in hc dungeon for like a week,dont think there was any badluck protection at the time,and as crazy as that may sound,its not rly imposible when so many variables exist

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    rng is rng
    I’m not saying it isn’t? Literally all I wanted was someone to tell me they’ve had their regular drops in DM. Since 35 veins and 2 crystals is pretty damn unlucky.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    No, i wouldn't. What would be the motivation for Blizzard to stealth nerf such a thing?
    They nerfed the lashers. It wasn’t a stealth nerf but clearly they thought people would make too much gold in DM. And people, like myself, earn thousands of thousands of gold on crystals. That’s a pretty good motivation to nerf it.

Have you noticed a decrease in Arcane Crystals lately?

AH price gone up 10g on my server. And I’m on a 35 vein / 2 crystal bad luck streak at the moment.

Stealth nerf or bad luck?
    If it's a 3% chance per hit, with an average of 3 hits, thats an average 9% chance per node. Which would mean 22 nodes to get 2 crystals. So your luck is slightly bad, but thats not enough of a sample size.

I've never even seen an arcane crystal across 3 miner chars since classic was released, mining hundreds of rich veins. Including several Saturdays doing nothing but dme dropruns to farm my lionheart. Needless to say I've long given up and bought my shit.

I don't really see how getting 2 within 40 veins is even a little bit unlucky. Think you might wanna overreact a bit less tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Driahtvacahtve View Post
    I've never even seen an arcane crystal across 3 miner chars since classic was released, mining hundreds of rich veins. Including several Saturdays doing nothing but dme dropruns to farm my lionheart. Needless to say I've long given up and bought my shit.

I don't really see how getting 2 within 40 veins is even a little bit unlucky. Think you might wanna overreact a bit less tbh.
    Thank you for your input.

I have gone in and not found an Arcane Crystal when mining 2 veins.

From this I can conclude that the drop rate is indeed 0% and everything is going to hell. Blizzard has clearly nerfed everything in a malicious act of sabotage aimed at my own personal finances.

Other conclusions would require me to understand elementary statistics and math, which I am unwilling to do.