Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    While I don't have time to really plot out these things in the manner of the OP's great initial post, I thought I'd provide a quick list of CoT content that would be cool to experience:

• Fall of the Zandalari Empire (Zandalari vs. nascent Kaldorei)
    • The Ordering of Azeroth (Titanforged vs. Old God forces)
    • Final Battle of the Troll Wars
    • Aegwynn vs. Avatar of Sargeras
    • War of the Satyr
    • War of the Three Hammers (Modgud's attack on Grim Batol and the summoning of Ragnaros)
    Oh for the love of god please no.

No more "world ending" threats. Its so stupid.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

The only one that comes to mind is the nuking of gnomeregan(so). The moral conundrum is should it be nuked or not to stop the leper invasion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Oh for the love of god please no.

No more "world ending" threats. Its so stupid.
    I'm a bit confused - none of those things are "world-ending threats?" They're all events from the past. Most of them, except for perhaps the Ordering of Azeroth, are regional battles between historical kingdoms or empires.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I'm a bit confused - none of those things are "world-ending threats?" They're all events from the past. Most of them, except for perhaps the Ordering of Azeroth, are regional battles between historical kingdoms or empires.
    Sageras isn't a world ending threat? Old Gods aren't a world ending threat? Just stop.

If there is one problem with the writing, its that its nothing but world ending threats which absolutely dulls the edge of that knife and suffocates good storytelling. Please get the hell away from that stuff.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Sageras isn't a world ending threat? Old Gods aren't a world ending threat? Just stop.

If there is one problem with the writing, its that its nothing but world ending threats which absolutely dulls the edge of that knife and suffocates good storytelling. Please get the hell away from that stuff.
    No, those are events from the past, so it's pretty evident the world's not in danger from viewing them from the comfortable vantage point of the future. The whole point of the thread was about witnessing events we've only heard of secondhand through the lore - things we've only read about. Obviously the world can't be threatened by its own past, unless you wanted to work in the Infinite Dragonflight or Murozond in addition (which I didn't initially say anything about).

Besides, those are just things I want to see - if you don't, well, that's fine.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

They should add short summaries of the real life "books"

The Great Sundering.

And at the end of the dungeon, the sundering is innevitable. We see how Azeroth starts to colapse and just as we're about to die, we get ported back to the CoT

I would have to say the top three historical events I would like to play in are as follows

The Illidari vs The Scourge: Where Illidan invades Icecrown and tries to kill the Lich King but Arthas defeats him and becomes the Lich King so Illidan ends in failure.

War of the Ancients: Where we go back in time with Broxigar and assist him and the Kaldorei Resistance against the Burning Legion.

Escape from Draenor: Where we could assist the Draenei escaping from Draenor and steal the Exodar to escape to Azeroth.
    Last edited by Blazindragon1737; 2020-03-22 at 10:47 PM.

No, those are events from the past, so it's pretty evident the world's not in danger from viewing them from the comfortable vantage point of the future. The whole point of the thread was about witnessing events we've only heard of secondhand through the lore - things we've only read about. Obviously the world can't be threatened by its own past, unless you wanted to work in the Infinite Dragonflight or Murozond in addition (which I didn't initially say anything about).

Besides, those are just things I want to see - if you don't, well, that's fine.
    You want to see those epic moments ruined by us fighting 10 elites at most?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You want to see those epic moments ruined by us fighting 10 elites at most?
    I don't want to see them ruined, no - but a playable form would be great all the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always thought it would be cook to play through some battle in the War of the Three Hammers

We already have the well of eternity dungeon but I’d absolutely love it if we could go back in time to old Kalimdor and experience the true empire of the Highborne.

Also War of the Satyr would be interesting. Tyrande and Malfurion were still fairly young back then. Would be nice to see how things were handled.

Sacking of Quel'thalas would've been pretty good for BFA to muster more sympathy towards Sylvanas. Though with the ending they went with with the War campaign it would've lead to even bigger feelings of disappointment.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Victory of the Humans and Elves against the Trolls in the Troll Wars.

Election night 2016

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-03-24 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Received Infraction
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

The scouring aka when Aman'thul ripped Y'shaarj out of the ground+the whole war against the Black Empire around that event
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see the conquest of Silvermoon, as depicted in WC3 RoC up until KT's reanimation, with the ensuing defiling of the Sunwell. With an extra kick: we get to play on the Scourge's side, under DK Arthas' command. It would neatly complement the Culling of Stratholme dungeon, which frankly blows donkey balls and always has.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if someone already mentioned this, didn't read the entire thread. But I love to see the war between old gods and titans.

A time travel dungeon, similar to Cata end times and well of eternity, could have been a very nice fitting in BFA N'zoth story.

You do know what the Caverns of Time is right?

OT: I wouldn't mind seeing the Thunder King's first downfall and Uldum mostly green.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I would like to see the war between the Arathi Humans and the Forest Trolls, where the elves first taught humans magic.