View Poll Results: How hyped you are (at this moment, right before Alpha) about SL ?

Voters
346. This poll is closed

87 25.14%

29 8.38%

22 6.36%

34 9.83%

13 3.76%

34 9.83%

25 7.23%

34 9.83%

28 8.09%

8 2.31%

32 9.25%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Uvania View Post
    We are playing Classic WoW and has lost all hope in retail after the disaster called Battle for Azeroth.

i was a casual OCD farmer with 400+ mounts, 900+ unique pets, 100 exalted factions and lots of unique transmogs and 26k~~ achievement points but since BfA launched i've lost all interest due to dull class designs, destroyed professions, destroyed achievement farming.. its too much RnG and cross-faction now and on top of that blizzard is forcing me to level most classes to 110 again due to heritage armor to get those "unlocked" and i already had a full roster of 14x lvl 110's heading into BfA from Legion that i played alot, i even enjoyed WoD more since the class design wasnt all crap then atleast and im playing one of the least broken specs right now and thats a prot paladin.

i think WoW Classic is ok but i think WoW had the best content in TBC and WOTLK and i've been off all kind of challenging content since late cataclysm were i closed that chapter with DS25 HC cleared and BiS equipment with full 410/416 gear.

i want WoW to be more streamlined again with clear goals.

All fine and good. But what you are describing is not a 0. Maybe a two. If it would be 0 you would not even bother with this threat. You know?^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Not hyped at all. I think, it's the first time I haven't preordered yet. I'm waiting for news from alpha/beta to see if it's worth it to pay the sub.

have a horrible feeling these god awful visions are here to stay (too hard todo as a healer) not hyped for SL at all.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    I said 3. I am not certain about it, the concept is interesting ... but I don't see why they chose Shadowlands.

Honestly, I feel the WoW team is more interested in expanding their own additions to lore than exploring lore that is established lately. It isn't bad, but it isn't something for me to go "Oh wow!" Honestly, I was more hyped over WoD than Shadowlands.

I honestly feel if they put their efforts toward it we could have had an Emerald Dream, Argus AND Nylotha/N'Zoth theme expansions, but they are just like "Oh, we need to address this stuff so it's a patch or raid. All done now." There reasoning seems just wrong to me on why they felt these were undeserving of expansions.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

3+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to say 6/10

Still haven't seen what the Other Side looks like.

The book for SL is going to show Bwonsamdi surviving from an assassination, and (presumably) sending Sira and Blightcaller to an early grave.
    Also I have anxiety on how the game will really look when the Alpha/Beta is finally released. How much is done? Are they going to be working on it until December?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

On a comfortable 7, but that's Alpha hype.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Like a 6/10, I'd say. I'm always excited for a new expansion even if it's going to end up being terrible. It just feels good to get away from BfA.

People voting 0/10 are being disingenuous lol.
    It's MMO-C, where many are too cool for WoW...

Its actually a 0, because I don't even expect Shadowlands to be released this year so why should I be hyped for anything so early on. Once the game comes closer to release I will probably look forward to the new zones, customisation, dungeons and such. Its pretty much standard content you expect from an expansion though. Also the way they have been trying to hype the expansion has been horrible so far. At Blizzcon they have shown barebone news with hardly any new features (missing a class is a major bummer), and they haven't shown anything since then where a possible alpha just keeps getting pushed back.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    About the same as I am for any other expansion before we get more details.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

I'm about an 8. The expansion will certainly launch no later than September, very possibly sooner.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    I was too busy shittalking CRZ to look at the PvP section in those times. I'm guessing it was below average players complaining about stuff like CC chains and sustain as usual while calling for the head of <insert the current face of WoW's game design here>
    It has always been below-average people that complain about all kinds of stuff, too limited and absorbed into their tiny lives, uncapable of appreciating things in life.

If we are to believe the theory of team A and team B we should be super hyped, but I'm so disaponted with the lore that I don't believe it can ever become good again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    The expansion will certainly launch no later than September, very possibly sooner.
    No. And hell no. That's less than 6 months from now on and we don't even have (public) Alpha yet let alone Beta in sight. Plus Corona is gaining momentum and building towards its peak in April.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    but he did wod too LOL
    That's not completely a bad thing, WoD had the best version of PvP gear and gearing to date. PvP gear was the best in PvP and didn't need resilience/power. PvP trinkets had a great set bonus to deter the use of PvE trinkets. Ashran is generally disliked but you only had to do it for a day to get full honor gear along with some conquest pieces. People who wanted large scale battles got them. The main problems from WoD's PvP was that many classes got simplified and pruned in 6.0.

5, I guess?

Cautiously optimistic about Torghast.
    Pretty concerned with Covenant abilities.
    Very lukewarm on Soulbind trees.
    Not happy with only 8 dungeons this time around.
    Pretty pleased with the structured, singular questing experience.
    Somewhat excited about the unpruning and how they deliver on that.
    Pretty pleased with a lot of the visuals and how the expansion actually looks.
    Very concerned with the level of rng in the next gearing system after Corruption.
    Pretty unhappy with the 'play the patch' mentality that is enduring in WoW.

Voted 7. BfA has been more miss then hit and I'm kind of sick of it at this point. Fresh expansion without the million grinds needed will be nice.

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    Not so much hyped, I mean I am curious but after BfA this will be the first expac I don't bother with for a while and check in a month or two after release before I pull the trigger on it, my main focus is the story and I just don't have much faith left in Blizz with the over reaching arc. That being said I am not writing it off just being more cautious this time around. Ardenwald will be like the big check for me.

2 or 3.

And it's an odd feeling, since most of that little hype I have is due to being rather bored with the current content and being in need of a change of pace, and less about being excited about what's been announced.

Based on what we know? Moderately, I am sure Shadowlands will be better than BFA, not that it takes a lot to manage that in some aspects, but whatever.

Its probably gonna rise as we get closer to release.

Too many options should be 3 or at max five.

0, honestly. I had 0 hype for BfA aswell tho, the rleaseof intro cinematic for BfA killed that expac already for me. Intro cinematic for SL was good up till the point she broke the crown, I was hoping she'd put it on. Would have made it all much more interesting...