Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'll pass. Thanks.

no
    more
    rental
    powers

I don't want more rental powers i need to base my rotation around, only to start the next one without them and having to adapt to rotational changes EVERY single expansion. If they add new skills, thats fine, but its not fine when they take them away

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    I just want the completed classes with only progression being the gear and cosmetic upgrades.
    This. Just run dungeons and raids, and maybe some hardcore world bosses that drop gear.

No AP
    No Artifacts ( but I will admit, the artifact weapon wasn't a bad idea )
    No Nether Crucible
    No Azerite
    No Essences
    No Corruption

Bring back Class Halls, and all the fun quest lines that went with it, and special class mounts, and weapon appearances to hunt down.
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2020-03-20 at 04:42 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    This. Just run dungeons and raids, and maybe some hardcore world bosses that drop gear.

No AP
    No Nether Crucible
    No Azerite
    No Essences
    No Corruption

Bring back Class Halls, and all the fun quest lines that went with it, and special class mounts, and weapon appearances to hunt down.
    nah Class Halls were fun the first time round but wouldn't be the same second time.

Essences are largely spec-agnostic spells or abilities that replace tier set bonuses, and to that end I think I prefer a system more in like to Artifacts and Relics that augmented aspects of your Spec and/or Class. It's a lot more exciting to go after a reward that feels more specifically tailored to your spec than an agnostic ability that is the same across not just your class, but across all classes. I find the spec fantasy Relics infinitely more interesting than class fantasy Covenant abilities, but I'd much prefer class fantasy Covenant abilities to agnostic Essences.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post

No AP
    No Nether Crucible
    No Azerite
    No Essences
    No Corruption

Why is everyone ignoring fact that gearing as it is right now is way eayer and way faster than in any previous expansions what used gear as only method to power progress our characters?

Do you guys realize that systems like AP, Essences and artifacts are there becouse of Mythic+, welfare worldq gear and 4 raid difficulty levels which all caused gearing become way too fast and way too easy compared to older expansions? Like back in TBC only source of gear were dungeons and raids with 1 difficulty and weekly lockout. So gearing actualy took lot of time. Now mythic+ itself can get you geared mythic ready in 1 week. Thats hell lot of play time lost only in this single feature. Blizzard had to offset it somehow. Acessability is problem here. If you dont want rental powers Blizzard has to reduce acessability to increase longetivity of content and that will never happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    no
    more
    rental
    powers

I don't want more rental powers i need to base my rotation around, only to start the next one without them and having to adapt to rotational changes EVERY single expansion. If they add new skills, thats fine, but its not fine when they take them away
    So you want another WoD with having nothing to do outside if spaming mythic+ and raids. Great way how to kill your game.
    Last edited by Elias01; 2020-03-23 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Why is everyone ignoring fact that gearing as it is right now is way eayer and way faster than in any previous expansions what used gear as only method to power progress our characters?

Do you guys realize that systems like AP, Essences and artifacts are there becouse of Mythic+, welfare worldq gear and 4 raid difficulty levels which all caused gearing become way too fast and way too easy compared to older expansions? Like back in TBC only source of gear were dungeons and raids with 1 difficulty and weekly lockout. So gearing actualy took lot of time. Now mythic+ itself can get you geared mythic ready in 1 week. Thats hell lot of play time lost only in this single feature. Blizzard had to offset it somehow. Acessability is problem here. If you dont want rental powers Blizzard has to reduce acessability to increase longetivity of content and that will never happen.

- - - Updated - - -

So you want another WoD with having nothing to do outside if spaming mythic+ and raids. Great way how to kill your game.
    you can still add a lot of content without stupid shit like essences. Which btw was obtained once and early and never looked back at again. None of the current rental powers made you play more

Stood in the Fire ArkantosChampion's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Essence good for some classes/specs, it can change your gameplay in PVP or PVE. But it seems to me in the current moment, it is not fully worked out
    I'm a normal text, I'm a bold text.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    you can still add a lot of content without stupid shit like essences. Which btw was obtained once and early and never looked back at again. None of the current rental powers made you play more
    Oh really? And what kind of content?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    This was the best system in terms of customisation in the entire expansion and it still was a matter of making a few powerful builds with it. That's...better than even talents at this point so yeah, in comparison to everything else, it was a huge success in terms of being dynamic and impactful. Would I want it again? Fuck no because it was a fluke they managed to get it right this time and every time they try to do this, it just means bolting on a few cool abilities for an expansion to a spec to fill gaps it shouldn't have to begin with in basic playability and other specs go from being smooth and good to busted as fuck. I don't want that.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

No, definitely don't want it back again.

It's a horrible system full of generic classless abilities that feel terrible to use, and don't mesh well with any class/spec. Additionally it's another convoluted over the top annoying farm for any newcomer / returning player to have to farm through in order to even be able to play your class/spec.

Abilities should never be tied behind weeks/months of farm and they should never be generic.

No Titanforging.
    No Warforging.
    No Essences.
    No Azerite Traits.
    No Azerite Power, Artifact Power (or Anima Power).
    No Netherlight Crucible.
    No Soulbind Talents.
    No Covenant Abilities.
    No Corruption.

Just make GEAR the primary and essentially only mandatory grind (other than gold), as it always was before these last 3 trash expansions.

Separate PvP and PvE gear (with pvp resilience and pvp power, or pvp only ilvls).
    Reduce the gear acquistion rate so people don't get full gear and complain of nothing to do.
    For PvP, make gear only available from vendors and bring back tokens and the high cost of Honor gear from TBC.

And while we're at it, for the love of god stop making talents so overly spec and rotation defining. I don't want to change the entire way my spec is played on a fight to fight basis depending on which talents are good for that specific fight. I want to play a Feral Druid, a Sub Rogue or a Frost Mage - not a 1/1/2/3/2/3 Feral, a 2/3/1/2/3/2 Feral or a 2/3/3/3/3/3 Feral. There's FAR too little consistency in the specs between fights right now. Stop people from respeccing every single fight (including PvP/Arena), or rebuild the talents from the ground up - they shouldn't re-define the core of the spec rotation etc, it should just be some CC/utility/mobility stuff, just like how the system was originally designed in MoP.
    Last edited by RelaZ; 2020-03-24 at 10:10 PM.

No.

No essence system, no AP system, no Azerite system, no titanforge/corruption/warforged.

Just set bonuses or a new take on them that isn't random and regular drops. That's it. Put that effort into other content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post

You think it's bad? How have the rental power infinite grinds worked out? Cause it's looking like that's whats killing the game.

WoW had more players in WoD than it has now.
    It's important for there to be a (provisional) end to games. A reward, a finish line. Not only a infinite chase that burns people out.
    You don't have to feel like you HAVE TO log in everyday to keep up. This is NOT a bad thing.

What you want is the option to do more if you want, but it cant be tied to player power.

NO, no and NOOOOO! AP SUCKS! Also Mythic+ sucks (it would be MUCH better if there would be a cap on this shit).
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Yes, I like it.

It adds an extra layers of fun, it also god damn graphically pleasing. I need my sound enabled for that azerite goodness.

Absolutely not.

I want to be able to get to max level and have my entire kit.

I don't want anymore "rental power" or "grind this post-max-level bullshit to unlock something vital to your performance" crap.

I want to be able to have my entire kit once I reach max level and simply focus on getting geared up.

I don't want gear with corruption-like proc BS that swings your performance wildly depending on what the RNG decides you get.

I don't mind gear requiring more time and effort to acquire, so long as I can still get decent gear with enough time invested.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2020-03-28 at 06:39 PM.

Please no. If i wanted to pvp i would pvp on its own merit and i hate having to pvp for pve power.

Yes, I love these kinds of 'soft-attunements.' Not necessary, but increase your power. Wow! Ingenious!

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    No.

No essence system, no AP system, no Azerite system, no titanforge/corruption/warforged.

Just set bonuses or a new take on them that isn't random and regular drops. That's it. Put that effort into other content.

- - - Updated - - -

You think it's bad? How have the rental power infinite grinds worked out? Cause it's looking like that's whats killing the game.

WoW had more players in WoD than it has now.
    It's important for there to be a (provisional) end to games. A reward, a finish line. Not only a infinite chase that burns people out.
    You don't have to feel like you HAVE TO log in everyday to keep up. This is NOT a bad thing.

What you want is the option to do more if you want, but it cant be tied to player power.
    You can say that since we have no idea how many players bfa have. And sure its better than having majority of players quit becouse of lack of content. No matter what. This ap, essences and artifact stuff is exactly what keeps casual playerbase playing game.

And you completly ignore fact WoD didnt had Mythic+ which made huge amounth of players get their gear way waaaay faster than in any previous expansions. I am casual and without rental powers i would have nothing to do after barely 1 week after patch release becouse thats exactly how much time it taakes for me to complete my gear progression.
    Last edited by Elias01; 2020-03-25 at 04:31 AM.

There was a very barebones version of the essence system in legion where you would go into certain content to get cosmetic appearances for your artifact weapon. That version was good but if applied the way essences were, could be like a cosmetic achievement check board and no one can claim they are forced to do content they don't want to do in the context of the system because its cosmetics.

Personally don't like the game design of temporary "rented" power, and SL is continuing this with covenants/soul conduits. I think the essence system is okay, but im sure a better system can be made and I don't like content that hinders alts, and I do think blizz had a point in not wanting power tied to account wide, but I think there was so much chore content that just felt meh that they should of relented in context of bfa.

If they do implement a system like this again, I wouldn't want account wide but instead maybe a currency you can use to straight up buy them, so you could either go do the content to get immediately, or wait and grind the currency to get the one you must have but hate the content for a couple weeks later, and increase the amount this currency drops as the patch is out, or when the next tier of content drops so its less chore for people getting back into the game, but overall I would rather they use the system not for power, and work on a better power system.

Absolutely not, just make classes fun without any systems like they did for a decade.