Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I'm a new tank. Obviously I'm not going to do things perfectly the first time. My experience so far in 3 mythic plus dungeons:
    I reset my account to reply to this post. If you're on the US realms and want to pair with me until you learn the ropes, send me a DM with your battle tag. I'm a healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I’m a new character. I got to 435 yesterday and said, hmmm, let me try normal Nyalotha. Find a group, raid leader rejects me. I ask what item level he’s looking for. He says 460+ but he will take 455 if the person is really good.

Normal nyalotha drops 445.
    There's only 1 solution to this: high ilvl people should stop queue for normal. Then his group will never fill and he will have to give up or get off his high horse.

At least it's a bit less "bad" than in legion where overgeared people were zerging trivial raids for chance for legendaries so you couldn't find any gear up group only "zerg run" and "weekly raid tour" and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    There's only 1 solution to this: high ilvl people should stop queue for normal. Then his group will never fill and he will have to give up or get off his high horse.

At least it's a bit less "bad" than in legion where overgeared people were zerging trivial raids for chance for legendaries so you couldn't find any gear up group only "zerg run" and "weekly raid tour" and so forth.
    Again, item level means next to nothing because of things like the cloak and neck.

I'll use the alt mage I am playing right now for example. 454 item level. I have terrible trinkets, no good corruption, and okay azerite, but they are at 450. On tuesady I will be getting two 465 azerite pieces and a random 465 piece of gear. I will almost be 460 at that point and still need normal.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    or maybe its time to admit that game is overtuned for majority of audience and its time to make separate tournament realms with compeltly separate difficulty from rest of game.
    It's not that it's overtuned, it's that a lot of people make the game harder than it needs to be. Just got into a WCM +11. Tank kites the first obelisk out into the courtyard with the rift in the middle of everything and we chain die. So we pull the hallway normal. Get to Raals room and the healer Flame Shocks the boss during trash wiping us. Then the warriors Obsidian Destruction explodes pulling Raal again and wiping us. We one shot Raal and go out into the courtyard, the warrior dies to Coven Thornshaper and leaves. On top of it all, the 464 unholy DK was doing less than 10k dps, and doing one third the tanks damage.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    It's not that it's overtuned, it's that a lot of people make the game harder than it needs to be.
    I think a lot of people would only be satisfied if this game had the difficulty of a cookie clicker: no matter what you press, you win. That's also why we're getting systems like titanforging and corruption to cater to the "everyone's a winner" attitude.

As a feral druid i just gave up on M+ completely. Got tired of getting declined for hours or kicked when they realize im not an owl

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Who genuinely spends 30mins running a dungeon to leave at the last boss...

I've ran 3 keys tonight all +10 to +12's and at the end boss of each one the group has disbanded, why? what is the benefit? why not just finish the dungeon...?

I'm playing a Windwalker Monk without corruption gear, I've been EXTREMELY unlucky with drops and haven't had any drop..

I've ran 21 Freehold and Kings Rests in the last 2 weeks and haven't seen a single trinket drop which I need. My weekly chest for the passed 11 weeks has contained either Legs or Wrists, nothing else.

Rant over. This is the reason I quit previously, without guildies, nothing gets done because everyone's so fucking toxic.
    What you will find, doing keys 10-15 is the worst bracket you can run. You have wannabe elitist jerks there, who are actually bad at the game but only think that others drag them down and they are superior or something. 16+ you will get better teammates, less toxic people, better quality runs. That being said, leaving a key is not uncommon in higher key levels, but mostly in sensible manner, if you wipe twice before you get to the first boss, that's a done key. I run quite a few keys and I have yet to encounter a player who leaves a key before the last boss (this patch).
    Also I never join others pugs. Always assemble your own party with decent raider.io score players/alts. You can also clarify in the note, that you want to finish the key, but then in general you will get worse players, tho they will most likely stay if you wipe few times

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I think a lot of people would only be satisfied if this game had the difficulty of a cookie clicker: no matter what you press, you win. That's also why we're getting systems like titanforging and corruption to cater to the "everyone's a winner" attitude.
    and those systems work .

have you seen any player complaining about assaults difficulty ? or WQ difficulty ?

and yet whenever you do them you are surrounded by crowds.

thats the diffuclty that most people seek in games.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    or maybe its time to admit that game is overtuned for majority of audience and its time to make separate tournament realms with compeltly separate difficulty from rest of game.
    or... scale down by one key level and try again? that is the beauty of having multiple of levels, you can always scale down to the level below until you hit normal, which can be one manned easy at this point. And you can always scale up too until it's mathematically impossible to complete so more skilled players also have an option to do "overtuned" content for pure challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by AidanJLowe View Post
    Had this in my run last night. Although I should of used the miniboss in a +10 to skip these on bolstering week I didn't and they didn't know to stand in the pool to reduce damage, they clearly weren't aware or listening to me as this miniboss resulted in 14 deaths all to the carve ability, I literally ended up soloing it because everytime they corpse ran back they died instantly because of not standing in the pool.

Was hilarious but annoying at the same time. I don't mind people not knowing but to not listen to what I'm telling them is something else, in the end the healer left that run and that was that.
    There are just certain times when you know it's time to leave the group. I have a personal limit that if the totems reset 5 times in AD, any difficulty, I call it and hearth out unless it's a guild run and then I don't care how long it takes them to learn it as long as they learn how to do it.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    I only leave mid-run if it's a wipefest and there's something specific that I think will prevent us from completing the dungeon, or if others leave. I've only been first to leave once in BFA. I try to avoid any groups where someone is carrying their friend or the group leader has a super low ilvl. I got bamboozled in a +10 Shrine on my alt yesterday. The leader (healer) and a hunter dps were guildies and both around 455-460 ilvl. Turned out the hunter had zero game sense, terrible movement, no idea how to do any mechanics, and trivial dps. He died 15+ times, including three times on our kill of the last boss, and wiped us once on lord stormsong, but we got it done eventually.

Having done more keys than normal this weekend, I can definitely feel some of the frustration that comes with people messing up basics. I still don't think that being frustrated/annoyed is a fair excuse for being an ass to people, and I don't call people out but it's definitely a headache. I really do appreciate people who make groups for a 15 who put a note like "in time" or "for weekly" because that at least tells me their intention and can help me decide what group to sign for. If i'm chasing down my last 2 +15s in time, a "for weekly" group won't be my thing and I can just sign for another one. But sometimes just getting A key done is the main goal and then those groups are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    I only leave mid-run if it's a wipefest and there's something specific that I think will prevent us from completing the dungeon, or if others leave. I've only been first to leave once in BFA. I try to avoid any groups where someone is carrying their friend or the group leader has a super low ilvl. I got bamboozled in a +10 Shrine on my alt yesterday. The leader (healer) and a hunter dps were guildies and both around 455-460 ilvl. Turned out the hunter had zero game sense, terrible movement, no idea how to do any mechanics, and trivial dps. He died 15+ times, including three times on our kill of the last boss, and wiped us once on lord stormsong, but we got it done eventually.
    I'd almost swear I played with his monk this morning. I've been called some not nice names as a tank after the timer expires but the stuff he called me DURING the run with plenty of time on the clock was a new one to me. At least he got mad and left before I reached my limit of what I'll put up with so my bud could get a timed 10 in Junkyard. Hunter and healer both said I'd took more unnecessary abuse than they would have taken.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why bringing in replacements is forbidden in M+.

Given the time it takes to get a replacement and summon, the key is likely ruined anyways. But it'd be nice to at least be able to finish and get loot rather than just disband because one of the players fucked off.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    "I was just kicked from a +15 right before the endboss, we did great and would have two chested it. I asked why and they laughed and said they wanted to boost a friends Alt but needed my damage"

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Not just that, I also quit starting my own group when it started taking 2 hours to find a freaking tank. And IO is a double edged sword for both sides. You either get a good player, or someone who bought their runs and have no clue what they are doing. Then you have people like me, who are always top dps and do things properly, but doesn't have a 2k score because I only do my 1 run of the week. This result is cause IO only shows completion and not how the person actually did during the dungeon.
    Here's the thing in my groups you wouldn't be top dps. Because the way I pull outside of cancer weeks is very different from your average pug tank. A 2k score is doing each dungeon once on 15 and timing it. If I'm making a group for even a 16 or 17 why would I take less? Also you can see the run lists on r.io

Also it takes a long time to find a tank because tanks have to know every pull and evaluate what to change mid run while dps are along for the ride.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wysmark View Post
    Doesnt that addon just show how great you are at being carried? I assume my score sucks because I only do 1-2 Mythics a week that I have to PuG. I consider myself decent enough.. my pugs less so
    Lol no it shows who consistently does M+ and you aren't getting carried through 20s.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

Given the time it takes to get a replacement and summon, the key is likely ruined anyways. But it'd be nice to at least be able to finish and get loot rather than just disband because one of the players fucked off.
    Would make it even easier to sell and boost undergeared characters

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    What you will find, doing keys 10-15 is the worst bracket you can run. You have wannabe elitist jerks there, who are actually bad at the game but only think that others drag them down and they are superior or something. 16+ you will get better teammates, less toxic people, better quality runs. That being said, leaving a key is not uncommon in higher key levels, but mostly in sensible manner, if you wipe twice before you get to the first boss, that's a done key. I run quite a few keys and I have yet to encounter a player who leaves a key before the last boss (this patch).
    Also I never join others pugs. Always assemble your own party with decent raider.io score players/alts. You can also clarify in the note, that you want to finish the key, but then in general you will get worse players, tho they will most likely stay if you wipe few times
    If I'm burning a key I just put "completion" in the title. I usually run these after midnight on Mondays LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Having done more keys than normal this weekend, I can definitely feel some of the frustration that comes with people messing up basics. I still don't think that being frustrated/annoyed is a fair excuse for being an ass to people, and I don't call people out but it's definitely a headache. I really do appreciate people who make groups for a 15 who put a note like "in time" or "for weekly" because that at least tells me their intention and can help me decide what group to sign for. If i'm chasing down my last 2 +15s in time, a "for weekly" group won't be my thing and I can just sign for another one. But sometimes just getting A key done is the main goal and then those groups are fine.
    Why of all weeks would you choose to chase them on a grievous week lol

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Who genuinely spends 30mins running a dungeon to leave at the last boss...

I've ran 3 keys tonight all +10 to +12's and at the end boss of each one the group has disbanded, why? what is the benefit? why not just finish the dungeon...?

I'm playing a Windwalker Monk without corruption gear, I've been EXTREMELY unlucky with drops and haven't had any drop..

I've ran 21 Freehold and Kings Rests in the last 2 weeks and haven't seen a single trinket drop which I need. My weekly chest for the passed 11 weeks has contained either Legs or Wrists, nothing else.

Rant over. This is the reason I quit previously, without guildies, nothing gets done because everyone's so fucking toxic.
    Then, get guildies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    Tried a WM +8 as a healer, yes a +8 on an alt right when the new season started.

Sisters took 9 minutes to kill, 9 minutes. That's when i leave
    I stopped doing keys higher than 4 in the first week after season 2. Had a rude awakening. Interestingly enough it was on sisters too.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)