Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Very true, you are 100% prepared to be a victim. More power to you, but that doesn't mean everyone wants to be a sheep...
    nope i am prepaired to not panic and shoot everyone in my town.
    i am ready to rally everyone together to get us all through rough times.
    i am ready to help the helpless, ready to assist those whom cannot assist themselves.

you are ready for just you and you only.

good thing we did not have that attitude over the last 250+ years
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

15+ Year Old Account
    The pattern I see you describe is be a helpless victim and be the first wiped out or fight back.
    Third option, side with the marauders?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    You really have no idea how life is for the homeless obviously. All kidding aside let's put things in perspective several countries including democratic ones are dealing with this with various levels of success. You are basically saying America is the worse out of them when it comes to people because those places have strict gun laws. Let's also take a look at the bigger picture you seem to think the Spanish flu, the great depression, two world wars, the great recession, various coronavirus outbreaks did not break us but this will. I know it will be hard for you perhaps you should do some self reflection as to why your mind is going there.

Suuuuuuuuure buddy I am sure it is.
    I have a good idea what life is like for the homeless, I have a frigging whole camp of them down the street. Crime is up over 200% in the neighborhood since they moved in.

Both my wife and I are fine with it, thus it is fine, as we are the only two people who matter in that regard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    nope i am prepaired to not panic and shoot everyone in my town.
    i am ready to rally everyone together to get us all through rough times.
    i am ready to help the helpless, ready to assist those whom cannot assist themselves.

you are ready for just you and you only.

good thing we did not have that attitude over the last 250+ years
    Its a good thing we did have the idea that there comes a time when one might have to fight their neighbor, or the US would not exist.

This may shock you, but preparing for the worst and hoping for the best are not mutually exclusive. Hell, you don't even know what I have or have not done or what I have or have not stockpiled.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Third option, side with the marauders?
    I would prefer death over siding with those praying on the weak.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would prefer death over siding with those praying on the weak.
    So you're a democrat?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Americans hoarding guns and ammo. How quaint.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

I have a good idea what life is like for the homeless, I have a frigging whole camp of them down the street. Crime is up over 200% in the neighborhood since they moved in.

Both my wife and I are fine with it, thus it is fine, as we are the only two people who matter in that regard.
    I think you missed the bulk of what I said and focused on the scary homeless people. Since COVID-19 targets people in your age group I hope you have gone down in your silo or lock down and aren't coming out anyways. Also I do hope for someone so concerned with survival you and your wife are fit people because the people on these lines look more like contestants for the biggest loser not Rambo so COVID-19 has a higher chance of killing them than their neighbors.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    So let me bite - what exactly does 2A has to do with current virus pandemic? What is that you are... expecting to happen?
    I am not concerned personally of having most people wanting to attack my house, but I rather be prepared for the few scums who would. Some people and more so when crap like this virus is happening, understand that without some way to protect themselves, they can be defenseless victims.

Part of the second amendment's purpose is giving the citizens the right to use firearms for self protection.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Americans hoarding guns and ammo. How quaint.
    I think it was guns and ammo which played a huge part of Finland putting up a admirable defense of their country against Russia. You had some of the finest sharpshooters in the world. Not sure about now, but they use to get lots of practice from hunting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by svpqweqweiwqeo View Post
    I am pretty sure you are a dumb-assed redneck with a really tiny dick that has fantasies inspired by bad cowboy movies.

I am also certain you married someone with disturbingly similar genes.
    I am pretty sure you are the same brave anonymous poster ( who has been banded for his child like posts ) who hides behind the keyboard.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2020-03-23 at 11:48 AM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

15+ Year Old Account
    I am pretty sure you are a dumb-assed redneck with a really tiny dick that has fantasies inspired by bad cowboy movies.

Yet you lack the balls to post on your main account? Sounds like you're projecting your own shriveled genital on others
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

lol what a spineless punk move, making a burner for this post.

Its a good thing we did have the idea that there comes a time when one might have to fight their neighbor, or the US would not exist.

This may shock you, but preparing for the worst and hoping for the best are not mutually exclusive. Hell, you don't even know what I have or have not done or what I have or have not stockpiled.
    It's just odd to me that people think, for lack of a better word, preppers are out there buying ammo right now. I needed more cheap range 5.56, but I'll wait until stuff calms down and prices drop. But really, "stockpiling" is what you do when times are good and you get good prices and you just dedicate a corner of the closet to supplies of food and various things, including ammo. I live in Florida, and when a hurricane hits there are people that begin complaining the next day that they have no supplies. "Well, don't you have a 3-7 day supply as has been suggested for 50 years?" They live day to day in the best of times and think it's someone elses responsibility to make food available.

A lady that works with me has like, no supplies, and I told her to buy a couple packs of ramen and stuff, just in case. She said she doesn't like ramen and figures everything will be fine.

Anyway, I've lived through Liberty City riots, Andrew during my formative years. Plenty of small scale looting during Katrina (it did roll though S Fl before the Gulf, but we're better prepared for such things), Wilma, and another one I forget right now, but not as widespread destruction so not as bad. Everything is fine until the government safety net breaks and then it's every person for themselves.

Also, as I said, guns are fun. Guns hold value pretty well and can be resold when the world is not ending. They don't go bad, so can be safely stored for an indefinite timeframe.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

So let me bite - what exactly does 2A has to do with current virus pandemic? What is that you are... expecting to happen?

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/03/1...e-coronavirus/

https://www.mlive.com/public-interes...us-spread.html

https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavir...-concerns.html

https://mynorthwest.com/1781034/rant...lter-in-place/

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tensifies.html

https://www.11alive.com/article/news...d-65a53f18e363

https://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-ne...L5ySHgtPoALsJ/

- - - Updated - - -

The antigunners right now " I want the ARglockforty that fires 1,000,000 rounds a second with the 100 round ghost clips and 10 boxes of the greentip ghost ammo. And I would like to use the Gun show loophole ."

Also the Anti gunners right now in the Gun shops, " What the fuck do you mean I cant get my gun right away?"
    Last edited by Dystemper; 2020-03-23 at 03:24 PM.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/03/1...e-coronavirus/

https://www.mlive.com/public-interes...us-spread.html

https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavir...-concerns.html

https://mynorthwest.com/1781034/rant...lter-in-place/

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tensifies.html

https://www.11alive.com/article/news...d-65a53f18e363

https://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-ne...L5ySHgtPoALsJ/

- - - Updated - - -

The antigunners right now " I want the ARglockforty that fires 1,000,000 rounds a second with the 100 round ghost clips and 10 boxes of the greentip ghost ammo. And I would like to use the Gun show loophole ."

Also the Anti gunners right now in the Gun shops, " What the fuck do you mean I cant get my gun right away?"
    I have listened to conversations not unlike this one in my local the last week or so. Genuine surprise and confusion at the process.

I'm really kinda worried about a few things I have going on, because apart from the crisis and all it entails, my plan was going to be to move to a new state here in the next 4-10 weeks. What the hell do I do if something gets shipped to the state I no longer live in due to delay? Can the recipient dealer just ship it along at my expense to the correct state? Does it have to go back to seller first? Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    I have listened to conversations not unlike this one in my local the last week or so. Genuine surprise and confusion at the process.

I'm really kinda worried about a few things I have going on, because apart from the crisis and all it entails, my plan was going to be to move to a new state here in the next 4-10 weeks. What the hell do I do if something gets shipped to the state I no longer live in due to delay? Can the recipient dealer just ship it along at my expense to the correct state? Does it have to go back to seller first? Ugh.
    State laws may vary, of course, but if for some reason a delivery is that far out and the shipper cannot change it, yeah the current dealer would just send it to the new dealer. Obviously you'd pay for shipping, probably a transfer fee. You'd then pick it up from the dealer in your new state. Assuming you have residency, ala drivers license, in the new state.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    State laws may vary, of course, but if for some reason a delivery is that far out and the shipper cannot change it, yeah the current dealer would just send it to the new dealer. Obviously you'd pay for shipping, probably a transfer fee. You'd then pick it up from the dealer in your new state. Assuming you have residency, ala drivers license, in the new state.
    Ugh, what a mess. It showed in stock. I don't mind long shipping period but I do mind selling me what you don't have. Very tempted to cancel, dispute, and move on.

Ugh, what a mess. It showed in stock. I don't mind long shipping period but I do mind selling me what you don't have. Very tempted to cancel, dispute, and move on.
    What company was it from? Grabagun & Buds usually take 2-4 days to ship for instance, Palmetto too. Some other companies float stock that their distributors have as if it was their active stock, so if it's sold elsewhere they may not have access to it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    What company was it from? Grabagun & Buds usually take 2-4 days to ship for instance, Palmetto too. Some other companies float stock that their distributors have as if it was their active stock, so if it's sold elsewhere they may not have access to it anymore.
    Shootingsurplus

Shootingsurplus
    Sorry, never dealt with them. I do see a warning now about "some items might be sold out before our website updates". You probably are better canceling rather than waiting for them to restock, but who knows.

Maybe you should instead take a look at your agencies instead of panic buying more guns because the "bad guys are gonna use the opportunity".

Of fucking course they will answer to calls about ongoing home breakins, be fucking realistic. The societal order is not gonna break down from the Covid, FFS.

Maybe you should instead take a look at your agencies instead of panic buying more guns because the "bad guys are gonna use the opportunity".

Of fucking course they will answer to calls about ongoing home breakins, be fucking realistic. The societal order is not gonna break down from the Covid, FFS.
    Ok because you say so I guess. Never mind that people are acting ;like animals and attacking each other over Toilet paper. Food shortages? I am sure the General public will continue to handle that with Grace just like they have with everything else. Oh and in case you have not noticed, but societal order is already starting to break down.

Continue on with your naive assumptions. I am sure it will serve you well , Just pray that things dont get much worse . In the mean time I will prepare.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Ok because you say so I guess. Never mind that people are acting ;like animals and attacking each other over Toilet paper. Food shortages? I am sure the General public will continue to handle that with Grace just like they have with everything else. Oh and in case you have not noticed, but societal order is already starting to break down.

Continue on with your naive assumptions. I am sure it will serve you well , Just pray that things dont get much worse . In the mean time I will prepare.
    Out of curiosity, have you never seen videos of black Friday? Americans don't need a virus to fight over shit , it's kind of what we do. As far as I am aware there are no food shortages just people raiding the junk food isle plenty of healthy food to go around hoarders seem to hate them.

If you this is society breaking down you are one privileged individual because you've never been places where that has actually happened so you have no clue what that looks like.