Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Middle class are the people playing and living off the money they make from it.

The poor struggling to pay consumables instead make threads on MMOC and blame the rich.

I don't know, maybe you should play a game without in-game economy instead?

Oh, and I personally never flipped anything on AH in my life and progressing healthily to the 5mil mount. There's plenty of easy ways to make gold at about 10k/hr in the game available to everyone. Just google it if you can't come up with ideas yourself and start playing the game instead of complaining.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2020-03-23 at 12:58 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    Not true at all. I am in that "middle class" you think do not exist.

I have less than 200.000 gold combined across 23 characters.
    I cannot afford the AH mount, the spider or even the golden armor from Argus.
    I am not struggling to pay for consumables, mainly because I do not USE consumables.
    I am not a desperate raider trying to get 5 more dps out every time I enter LFR.
    I just play the game and enjoy it.

You should try that some day. Join the "middle class". It's actually a fun place to be.
    I highly disagree. I'm "middle class" as well with 450.000 gold combined. Sure, I play the game and enjoy it. I even pay for consumables (they aren't that expensive when you don't minmax everything)
    But hell it's unsatisfying to have mounts like the gryphons that are not obviously gold mounts like the brutosaur or Argus mount but much too expensive. I like to collect mounts but blizz doing this killed my desire to do this in BfA.

The bourgeois?...the proletariat? What on earth? This thread reads like an Economics 101 term paper.

Yes, Blizzard fucked the economy with Garrisons and Order Halls. Yes, the damage will likely never be undone. Yes, it caused stupid amounts of inflation. But there isn't an easy solution for any of this so you're really just using fancy words to describe a phenomena that is blatantly obvious to anybody who's ever walked up to the AH and checked the prices for flasks and potions.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    There's no "middle class" in this game anymore. Either you are an elite booster in the Gallywix community with an endless supply of gold and can afford everything in the game without batting an eyelash, or you are one of the destitute poor struggling to pay for consumables.
    Well this is not true at all.

I don't buy boosts and I don't boost other players.

But I got plenty of gold to buy potions, flasks and food for M+ and raiding.

You got a point in your post about the economy of WoW, so I agree with you in general, but lying is not helping your cause.

dont buy boosts and dont buy brutosaurs? Plenty of gold for consumables and odd rep mount every now and then. Also you can boost too, it's ez and you can make 300k/hr ez

I am not struggling to pay for consumables, mainly because I do not USE consumables.
    I am not a desperate raider trying to get 5 more dps out every time I enter LFR.

You should try that some day. Join the "middle class". It's actually a fun place to be.
    "Middle class"?! You don't even have enough gold for 2 tokens. Buddy, you're poor.

I'm middle class. 1,500,000 gold, enough to live comfortably not having to pay cash for game time, but not enough to splurge on the price inflated specialty mounts.
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2020-03-23 at 06:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stage 1. WoD and Legion Garrisons / Halls create stupendous gold inflation that will never be drained from the economy.
    Stage 2. M+ provides an infinite, repeatable source of gear hence unbundling boosting from weekly lockouts.
    Stage 3. Blizzard adjusts prices on repairs and "luxuries" such as reputation mounts and pets to be exorbitant to drain the excess gold from the economy.
    Stage 4. The elites don't give a fuck about price adjustments. They just step up their infinitely repeatable boosting game and drain the gold from the proletariat to pay for 5 mil brutosaurs and 300k frogs.
    Stage 5. In effect, the Garrison / Hall bourgeois become poor again because all of their gold has been drained by elite boosters to pay for gear, exclusive mounts, achievements and whatnot. The elite remain as rich as ever.

There's no "middle class" in this game anymore. Either you are an elite booster in the Gallywix community with an endless supply of gold and can afford everything in the game without batting an eyelash, or you are one of the destitute poor struggling to pay for consumables. Since Blizzard obliterated traditional ways of goldmaking such as professions, the entire economy looks like this:

The poor or the "whales" buy gold with tokens to pay for gear and exclusive content -> the elite boosters extract the gold from the poor -> the elite buy tokens with gold. In essence, the elite are exploiting the proletariat for free game time.
    Overthinking at its finest, folks.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I just sell glyphs and read posts like these from atop my brutosaur.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps MMO-Champion's view of what is considered "Middle class" is incorrect, OP.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Snip...snip... stupendous gold inflation

...snip.
    What about all the goldsellers, some of whom got their gold by hacking people's accounts?

IIRC the additional gold was added to the game to counteract this.

Stage 1. Keep my gold from WOD/Legion. Do not waste it on boosts because that defeats the purpose of playing the game.
    Stage 2-5. Keep my gold. Still can't buy a brutosaur mount because 5 million, seriously?! But I can buy most of the others if I really wanted to.
    Stage 6:

Last edited by Powerogue; 2020-03-23 at 06:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Blizzard didn't "wreck" the economy.

The only people wrecking the economy are botters, injecting buttloads of gold for no effort into the economy, driving prizes up.
    I think they did. They provided a mean to acquire the gold via a relative quick and simple method. Any one can do this and do legally within the game rules. The gold had to come from Blizzard.

Botters had been since the start and not every one bots.

Quote Originally Posted by moazzem90 View Post
    Yes, you are right, I agree with you.
    Looks like you replied to the wrong post seeing as OP is not right.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    It's time to rise up, strangle the bourgeois with our chains! Set up 40 man groups to spawncamp all auction places.
    Based and dare I say redpilled.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    P2W and free-game-time are great for the community and economy, eh? Meanwhile the house papa-blizz rolls in it making more money than they did with double the subnumbers, which wouldn't surprise me if it were true. There's a lot selling tokens to get gold that could be multiboxing instead with all the funds that they're spending.
    People used to buy gametime for entire raidgroups just to boost them with gear and mounts for months. Either way the house wins, now it's just more commercial and safe to play the game that way for both parties in these transactions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    It's time to rise up, strangle the bourgeois with our chains! Set up 40 man groups to spawncamp all auction places.
    Garrison and brutosaur ensure AH access regardless.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

7+ Year Old Account
    Stage 4. The elites don't give a fuck about price adjustments. They just step up their infinitely repeatable boosting game and drain the gold from the proletariat to pay for 5 mil brutosaurs and 300k frogs.
    Nobody is forcing you to buy boosts, I never bought one and never will. In fact I think people who buy them are stupid.

Don't be "that guy" who has to resort to paying for runs from better players and join a simple guild that provide consumables. Don't visit the AH ever because there's really no need to buy anything there. I really haven't touched the AH this entire expansion. There's never really been a less use for gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Don't be "that guy" who has to resort to paying for runs from better players and join a simple guild that provide consumables. Don't visit the AH ever because there's really no need to buy anything there. I really haven't touched the AH this entire expansion. There's never really been a less use for gold.
    Not all of us create all our own consumable and live off the fat of the land. In fact, I'm so fucking lazy that I buy on average 1-2 WoW tokens a month to afford consumables because fuck chores. /shrug

This is where I am at like 300K across all my characters. all of which was made from Firelands Trash farming back in CATA, that me and a buddy did solo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    "Middle class"?! You don't even have enough gold for 2 tokens. Buddy, you're poor.

I'm middle class. 1,500,000 gold, enough to live comfortably not having to pay cash for game time, but not enough to splurge on the price inflated specialty mounts.
    I just never spend my gold I allow max of spending at any given time on the AH to 1k. Ive never bought a token because even when they were 50-60K gold It was way to damn much for me to spend at one time even If I could make it back, Like I said all the gold I currently have was made in the early days of Firelands 2 man Trash mob farming for epics that we sold for 20-50k each and split down the middle. so yes I still pay the $15.00/ month to play if I play.