Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    You just mentioned the same things for both Classic and Retail.
    First of all, I didn't ... try reading again. And second, even if I did, that would mean the person I was responding to was completely wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Since every piece of content in retail has an easy mode, you can also run all of the content in retail without talking to anyone. Increased difficulty versions of content you already completed isn’t “content” at all; it’s a trick, a scam.
    What a completely random and illogical thing to say. I guess in your world getting a better job is just a scam since you're still doing something to get some money ... the variance in the importance of what you do and how much you get compensated is just a scam, a dirty trick I tell you!

Some people like Classic more. That's cool, good for those people. But the number of folks that need to come up with some bizarre justification not to like retail is frankly disturbing. I have friends playing Classic and I've tried to like it and I just don't care to invest the time as compared to other things I could be doing. But I don't need to make up reasons why I don't really care for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post

What a completely random and illogical thing to say. I guess in your world getting a better job is just a scam since you're still doing something to get some money ... the variance in the importance of what you do and how much you get compensated is just a scam, a dirty trick I tell you!

Some people like Classic more. That's cool, good for those people. But the number of folks that need to come up with some bizarre justification not to like retail is frankly disturbing. I have friends playing Classic and I've tried to like it and I just don't care to invest the time as compared to other things I could be doing. But I don't need to make up reasons why I don't really care for it.
    You own a 100hp car. There is LITERALLY no reason to try and make it 200hp - there is no difference - its a scam i tell ya, a SCAM!

Its official - improvement is a SCAM and we should all do the easiest version of everything ever - lucky the Olympic games are likely cancelled, because trying to do the same thing as everyone else, but better / faster is a SCAM!

We should all strive for mediocrity and when we achieve it, stop - LITERALLY no reason to improve at anything ever - if its hard, if its challenging, just dont bother!

5+ Year Old Account
    First of all, I didn't ... try reading again. And second, even if I did, that would mean the person I was responding to was completely wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

First of all, you didn't. Try reading your own stuff again. Just pointing out you contradicted yourself and your basis of argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You own a 100hp car. There is LITERALLY no reason to try and make it 200hp - there is no difference - its a scam i tell ya, a SCAM!

Its official - improvement is a SCAM and we should all do the easiest version of everything ever - lucky the Olympic games are likely cancelled, because trying to do the same thing as everyone else, but better / faster is a SCAM!

We should all strive for mediocrity and when we achieve it, stop - LITERALLY no reason to improve at anything ever - if its hard, if its challenging, just dont bother!
    To be fair, there isn't much difference between LFR and Normal. There's a jump between normal and heroic but is there much between heroic and mythic?
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    First of all, you didn't. Try reading your own stuff again. Just pointing out you contradicted yourself and your basis of argument.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, there isn't much difference between LFR and Normal. There's a jump between normal and heroic but is there much between heroic and mythic?
    Is there much difference between LFR and Mythic? I should also add that your first comment is quite misleading - if you finished one of the LFR sectors and then summoned all those people, as is, into normal, you would struggle to get 2 bosses down.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2020-03-23 at 11:58 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

Disliking the lazy game design of scaling content and difficulty tiers is not “making up reasons”. These are criticisms that get levied at lots of games. Diablo 3 at launch was skewered for making you run the same game over and over and over again on higher difficulties. Destiny and Destiny 2 have been continually criticized for the same thing, but they don’t have it anywhere near as bad as retail WoW does.

To use your analogy, scaling content is more like “you get promoted and make more money, but everything also costs you more, and also your new job is exactly the same as your old job except we added some more inconveniences.”

What you get compensated for progressing in classic with is access to new content. What you get compensated for progressing in retail with is access to harder versions of content you already completed.

And that’s in the best case scenario. In the case of leveling and questing, you literally become WEAKER when you hit 120 than you were at 119, because the outdoor world scaling jumps, so after 10 meaningless levels where you never felt any change whatsoever because everything scaled with you, you are rewarded by being.. weaker relative to the world.

But don’t worry, now that you are max level you get access to new outdoor content like world quests... which are almost all just repeating the same quests you already did while leveling.

That’s absurdly bad game design, and it’s amazing the hoops people will jump through to defend it. If I completely out of context came to you and said “I’ve got this idea for a game, and the way it works is you finish everything in the game in a few hours, but then here’s the twist: you get to do it on 17 more difficulty levels after that” you would laugh at me and say that sounds asinine, but it’s exactly the kind of lazy, cynical insulting game design you are defending

- - - Updated - - -

Is there much difference between LFR and Mythic?
    No there isn’t. It’s the exact same content. And when someone says to me “in this game you first do the entire thing on easy mode but then you do it on normal mode and then on hard mode and THEN THE FUN STARTS” I laugh and return the game and play something else that is not designed to insult me.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

snip
    You right off the higher difficulties as being the same thing, but admit you only do lfr?

- - - Updated - - -

No there isn’t. It’s the exact same content
    . And when someone says to me “in this game you first do the entire thing on easy mode but then you do it on normal mode and then on hard mode and THEN THE FUN STARTS” I laugh and return the game and play something else that is not designed to insult me.
    Yeah, honestly, you are entirely delusional and not worth talking to at all.

You right off the higher difficulties as being the same thing, but admit you only do lfr?
    Can you list for me the bosses in LFR and the bosses in normal so we can analyze the difference?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, honestly, you are entirely delusional and not worth talking to at all.
    I’m not the one claiming that running the same thing over and over again constitutes more content. That’s pure delusion.
    -ynnady

Can you list for me the bosses in LFR and the bosses in normal so we can analyze the difference?

- - - Updated - - -

I’m not the one claiming that running the same thing over and over again constitutes more content. That’s pure delusion.
    *Cough* MC *Cough*
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    *Cough* MC *Cough*
    Yeah, MC is one raid, one piece of content (and a pretty lame one).

I’m not the one claiming that four difficulties means four different raids.
    -ynnady

I’m not the one claiming that four difficulties means four different raids.
    This, ladies and gentleman, is the very definition of a straw-man argument. Deep down you know your argument is pathetic, so you resort to tired old fallacies like this.

What you are saying is that there is no greater sense of accomplishment or achievement than finishing a raid on LFR, and that LFR and Mythic are exactly the same thing, with zero differences, so there is no reason to do anything other than LFR.

When applied to some other examples, i hope you will see how insane this logic is, however i doubt it.

You are arguing that walking 100m in 4 minutes is exactly the same thing as sprinting the same 100m in under 10seconds, and there is no difference in accomplishment or achievement between the two.

You are arguing that a kid mucking around in a peddle car is no different to F1.

Your arguments are ridiculous and entirely illogical, made worse by your admission that you only actually raid on LFR.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2020-03-24 at 01:01 AM.

This, ladies and gentleman, is the very definition of a straw-man argument. Deep down you know your argument is pathetic, so you resort to tired old fallacies like this.
    Is mythic different content than LFR or is it not? You can’t seem to make up your mind. You object to me saying they are the same content, and then you claim that they are the same content.

- - - Updated - - -

Is a quest one piece of content, or is it one piece of content when it’s a leveling quest and a second piece of content when it’s a world quest?

Is a dungeon one piece of content, or is it 18 pieces of content, one for each difficulty?
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Kpmk View Post
    Yes that open world full of players was super awesome for the 2 weeks that it lasted. But it has been gone for a very long time now.
    That 2 weeks was the worst part of Classic. Only good thing about it was that it immediately ended once BGs were released.

Is there any fresh servers coming out? I finally have enough time to start playing once again, would prefer a fresh server if possible. Anyone know here?

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Is there any fresh servers coming out? I finally have enough time to start playing once again, would prefer a fresh server if possible. Anyone know here?
    Super unlikely since the existing servers are leaking players too. Only reason they would release fresh server(s) would be to attract more players, and I highly doubt there are that many interested players left.

TBH it's more likely they will start merging the less popular servers soon.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Multiple servers have less than 500 players total. You are barking up the wrong tree. Less.....than.....500.....players.

Greetings!

I just tryed WoW Classic, just signed up for my 2nd month. For the basic differences I see leveling 1-30 anyways,
    between retail and classic are:
    Retail graphics are obviously newer, tighter, more detailed. In the open world leveling, you pretty much have to
    be braindead to get killed in retail, all the mobs scale to your level. They die faster. You loot faster, have more flight
    paths, quests are on map, it is all designed for speed and ease. So, if you like that, you will prefer retail. Takes way
    less real time to level up.
    However, there-in lies the rub. There is no fear in the open world retail, no sense of what's around the corner. Mobs
    are a certain level, and if you aggro one too many, you can die- easily. Mobs of various levels are interspersed, so you
    have to watch it killing mob X for a quest, mob Y 2 levels higher may just take a liking to you. Dungeons are lengthy,
    so not used really for speed leveling, but again just do them to check them out of you want- for the fun of it lol. It starts
    to be a grind much earlier than retail, where the daily quests become the grind.

Tips for classic - money is hard to come by early on. Only thing you need to make sure is near your level is your weapon,
    otherwise get by with quests gear or the occasional AH bought green for some really old gear slot. Killing things faster is
    the only way to speed up leveling. On that note- I always make an lvl 1AH alt by the time you get out of starter areas (level
    10 or so). This allows you the big time saver of logging out at an inn for rest Xp near where you are leveling, not wasting
    time and money flying back and forth to sell stuff on AH. And you will want to sell cloth, skins, ores, herbs, green gear drops,
    etc, on the AH from early on, even if it nets you only 10's of silver to start, it all adds up. Simply mail your items to your alt
    parked in a city near AH/mailbox/Bank. The alt can study prices, sell and buy items, etc.

EDIT add: NA server question. I have found Ironforge.pro the most reliable for total classic populations and horde/ally ratios. I picked a server that was not one of the top 5 popualtion wise, as I have heard queues to get in are starting to happen and that sucks. I chose one just below that, with a horde/ally ration of no worse than 60/40, seems to have worked well so far. See lots of people in the 10-20 and 20-30 zones, most will group with you if nearby to finish a quest off quicker. Plenty of 60s standing around cities, chat messages for some 50-60 dungeon groups, MC pugs, recruiting to fill out raid slots, etc.
    Last edited by Guddocter; 2020-03-26 at 04:32 PM.

Multiple servers have less than 500 players total. You are barking up the wrong tree. Less.....than.....500.....players.
    Prove it...
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I SoLo Wq So BfA bAd.

bANanAs!

- - - Updated - - -

Who has 20 different sources of damage? No one says pressing more than one button makes a good MMO. Just you. But pressing more than one button is more engaging than pressing one button. That is a banana.
    But we do press more than one button in Classic. Well, unless you're a mage, but they got other things going for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Prove it...
    His comment is trolling joke xD, like last night i had a 30min que to my server xD A que in retail hasent happend since Wrath i bet/maybe the start of cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    His comment is trolling joke xD, like last night i had a 30min que to my server xD A que in retail hasent happend since Wrath i bet/maybe the start of cata.
    yeah i dunno...maybe that cross realm stuff has something to do with retail not having ques,oh and the little fact that realm capacity is far larger than classic....oh and that there are like a bunch more servers....and i still see ques on my realm (tarren mill) sometimes