Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    No changes is a joke, classic could have really sustained with some changes and balancing, instead of falling of a cliff
    I don't think it was the community that ruined Classic. Just a handful of youtubers with Loud mouths. Maybe next time they'll keep their mouth shut and we can get something good instead of a copy paste 15 year old game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    Blizz has to release it in q4 or their accounting will be f'ed.
    They have delayed an expansion release before, The Burning Crusade. It was delayed into the next year as well.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I said my point, so I'm not sure why you felt the desire to quote me to repeat myself. So I'll just re-quote it for you:
    It's not though, and even then, September wasn't going to be release date, just because the cloak maxes out then, does not in any way mean that SL will go live straight after.

My point is that December is almost entirely out of the question now

Quote Originally Posted by Phantombeard View Post
    I don't think it was the community that ruined Classic. Just a handful of youtubers with Loud mouths. Maybe next time they'll keep their mouth shut and we can get something good instead of a copy paste 15 year old game.
    Yea, a lot of people quit because they found out a) wow, classic with no changes is extremely boring and b) damn, half or more of these specs are useless! I really enjoy enh shaman but people laugh at me!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    They have delayed an expansion release before, The Burning Crusade. It was delayed into the next year as well.
    It didn't really get delayed delayed, it was more of "we're shooting for this time, oh we didn't make it" they didn't give on or before dates back in 2005/6

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    Preach literally got blacklisted by Blizzard for his opinions. Bay had to beg to get him in on that interview with Ion because the pathetic little PR weasels were scared of the questions he would ask.

Blizzard used to be a bastion of PC gaming. People crucify Blizzard now for a fucking reason.

Imagine calling MMO Champion unbiased when they literally post guides on how to give Blizzard more money via RAF.

"Here is a 25 step guide that takes heaps of pathetic little work-arounds to recruit YOURSELF to RAF. Here - GIVE BLIZZARD MORE MONEY GUYS"
    Preach got blacklisted for abusing the experience potion bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    Lol wait, what? MMO-champion, positive towards WoW? Looooool. Thanks man! I really needed a good laugh today.
    Moderators and owners of the forum*. (and small group of devoted fanboys)

Try not to confuse yourself.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think it's going to hide just before Blizzcon and have a bunch of content that should be at launch hyped up as a content patch at the event. Nobody will give a shit though because old abilities are coming back and that's absolutely a community demand. Will it be unfinished and buggy and shit? Hopefully not but it will absolutely be having content put in patches instead of at launch because that's the only way they'll get it ready in time. We all know it. The alternative is indeed a 2021 release but I'd rather just have the thing early and play it bare-boned for 3 more months than deal with BFA another 3 months for the exact same content but all at once so I can get bored of it at the same time.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    It's not though, and even then, September wasn't going to be release date, just because the cloak maxes out then, does not in any way mean that SL will go live straight after.

My point is that December is almost entirely out of the question now

It really isn't and nor was it. Also I'm not sure where this "cloak maxes out" nonsense came from, but there's no confirmed cap on the cloak.

The math for PvP conquest gear ends the season in August 11th. Add a 4-6 week pre-patch which makes the expansion come out September 8th-29th. Your claim about the cloak having a max or whatever is nowhere officially and it's been nothing but speculation by the forums. Again, because you clearly have no idea how math works, there's still all of October, all of November, and the better half of December for a release.
    Last edited by Zyky; 2020-03-24 at 03:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

It really isn't and nor was it. Also I'm not sure where this "cloak maxes out" nonsense came from, but there's no confirmed cap on the cloak.

The math for PvP conquest gear ends the season in August 11th. Add a 4-6 week pre-patch which makes the expansion come out September 8th-29th. Your claim about the cloak having a max or whatever is nowhere officially and it's been nothing but speculation by the forums. Again, because you clearly have no idea how math works, there's still all of October, all of November, and the better half of December for a release.
    What he means about cloak cap, is it caps at 125 corruption resist, this is official

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Once your Ashjra'kamas, Shroud of Resolve reaches rank 15, you can begin to acquire Malefic Cores, which increase your Corruption Resistance by 3, to a maximum of 125. You can acquire one Malefic Core per week across all sources, including defeating N’Zoth in Ny’alotha on Normal, Heroic, or Mythic difficulty or by completing all objectives within a Horrific Vision.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/23227147
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2020-03-24 at 03:38 AM.

LOL talks about maths and speculation on the forums, then proceeds to speculate on release date.

I mean, you probably could just check wowhead to determine when the last cloak upgrade could be acquired. Since the entire system is time gated

I know it might be too big brain for you, but here's a link.... https://www.wowhead.com/guides/obtai...-procs#rank-15
    and here https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/23227147

Date: 9/8
    Max Rank of Cloak: 15 (+ Max Corruption Resist)
    And even then, why does any of the "pvp math" matter? None of the original timelines matter at this point. Everything will be delayed.

E V E R Y T H I N G

Blizzard isn't somehow insulated from the coronavirus fallout. The game will be delayed into 2021, I have no doubt about that.

LOL talks about maths and speculation on the forums, then proceeds to speculate on release date.

I mean, you probably could just check wowhead to determine when the last cloak upgrade could be acquired. Since the entire system is time gated
    I'm not going to read garbage that isn't an official blue post saying it has a hard cap and when we'll reach that hard cap. Math dictates how you can estimate a release date, you want to speculate on nonsense that isn't confirmed at all. Huge difference.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

I'm not going to read garbage that isn't an official blue post saying it has a hard cap and when we'll reach that hard cap. Math dictates how you can estimate a release date, you want to speculate on nonsense that isn't confirmed at all. Huge difference.
    cool now throw a global pandemic into your estimation model and you're speculating like the rest of us

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Noone did.
    Blizzard devs during interviews with streamers/youtubers.

people just didnt want to belive it becasue it was not said on main stage

now we have facts . its almost april abd alpha isnt even ready yet.

- - - Updated - - -

cool now throw a global pandemic into your estimation model and you're speculating like the rest of us
    any gauss models woudl have included it. ofc not direckly pandemic but there is always that most basic 5% in gausian model

here i recomend reading basis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaussian_function

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    Blizzard devs during interviews with streamers/youtubers.

people just didnt want to belive it becasue it was not said on main stage

now we have facts . its almost april abd alpha isnt even ready yet.
    watched/listened to all interviews i could find about shadowlands, nobody from blizz mentioned different year than 2020 for release, can you link source or you just pulled it out of your ass and called it "fact"?

I already did, I said DECEMBER THREE TIMES. The employees are working from home, it's not going to be delayed 8 months. This is fucking common sense and you just can't grasp it.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Well yeah delays are inevitable. But this kind of job is workable form home quite good. SOme reports even show increase in productivity. But yeah. Delays yes. Until 2021 i don't think so.

I already did, I said DECEMBER THREE TIMES. The employees are working from home, it's not going to be delayed 8 months. This is fucking common sense and you just can't grasp it.
    Yeah, nah December is too optimistic

The game will be delayed into 2021, I have no doubt about that.
    You should have doubt. You have no idea of the original timeline, how big the impact of the current crisis is(nor can you, because it's still ongoing), nor how much wiggle room Blizzard had in their timeline. You pretty much just randomly picked a point in time and decided that it doubtlessly has to be delayed till then based on absolutely nothing.

In fact, you should always doubt your own estimates. There's always the risk of missing important information that isn't available to you or simply getting something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You should have doubt. You have no idea of the original timeline, how big the impact of the current crisis is(nor can you, because it's still ongoing), nor how much wiggle room Blizzard had in their timeline. You pretty much just randomly picked a point in time and decided that it doubtlessly has to be delayed till then based on absolutely nothing.

In fact, you should always doubt your own estimates. There's always the risk of missing important information that isn't available to you or simply getting something wrong.
    I hope I'm wrong. If we had already seen the alpha then maybe I'd think otherwise but given we haven't, plus the world is upside down leads me to believe they will miss 2020 targets.

10+ Year Old Account
    I said it would never happen in a million years, but with the coronavirus situation going on (and presumably getting much, much worse before it gets better), I can totally see Shadowlands getting delayed for 2021. I was already expecting a late Q4 release date to begin with (either November or December), so 2021 Q1 seems quite likely at this point.