Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Ever been in love OP? Did you choose your partner based on rational grounds, like how long they will be alive compared to someone else?

The two races have been allies or at least neutral for a while now, and share a lot of physiological similarities. Elves are just lithe humans with shiny eyes and pointy ears, so of course they have a mutual attraction to each other.

It's also a very popular Tolkien trope that WoW borrowed, justlike almost everything else in the game. Not saying that's a good or bad thing, just that it's a thing.

Have you seen the elves? All big-tittied goddesses. 10/10 would bang

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Writer's wish fulfillment is the easy and obvious answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    What I find funny about this topic is that 20 years ago with WC2 and WC3, and helll even during classic, TB and maybe Wrath, nobody gave a fuck about any of this.

Feels like people just need to stir up shit to complain about. Like what Elves and Humans do.

7+ Year Old Account
    We need more Orc x Undead

Go
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Considering the divorce rate in RL...maybe the Elves are happy to have several shots at relationships

Also...since I am not the greatest at Lore...how many is "so many"?
    Imagine, one relationship your whole life, thousands of years, not many can do that, and breaking up makes you look bad.
    but if your with a ton of humans, well thats just normaly, excuse they got too old and died. when really you ended up not liking them, but just didnt dump them, cause to you their entire lifespan is like 2-3 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Tolkien's pairings were at least partially a tribute to his wife (proof: his tombstone says "Beren" while Edith's says "Luthien", as well as his son Christopher talking about it). Both Luthien and Arwen are Elven princesses way above the station of Beren and Aragorn. Remember that he studied and was inspired by ancient legends and myths, including the idea of the lowborn romantically laboring to earn the right to the highborn lady.

As to the Elven spouse outliving the human, you'd need to read a lot of the unfinished works that explain more. In a nutshell, the Elven spouse was permitted to choose to be counted among Men, meaning when she died, she left the world. Elves were bound to the world until it ends, and their spirits would on death go to the Halls of Mandos, to await rebirth into an identical body with all memories. The reason they'd "grow weary" was due to the world itself being corrupted by Morgoth (Sauron's boss and obvious Satan parallel) and so the matter that made their bodies would decay. They had the option to sail West to the Blessed Land where the Valar (beings who were a mix of Christian angels and classical pantheons, ruling on behalf of God) could keep them in a state of continual renewal.

In WoW, since that kind of subtlety isn't even a remote possibility, it's because of author inserts banging supermodels.
    Last edited by Feanoro; 2020-03-24 at 05:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    That's interesting. Then again, Tolkien was a devout Christian, and his elves were basically perfect christians as well (only one mate for life, they only have intercourse for reproductive reasons and lose interest in sex after they have children). And considering suicide is a mortal sin in christianity, it doesn't seem likely.
    I thought about all literature. I think even Shakespeare had that "dying of broken heart" somewhere. As for Tolkien, he likely invented that for the reason to avoid putting suicide in his story.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    Why doesn't she?
    She either stands as Rhonin's loyal wife or she is Jaina's puppet, or Sylvanas' puppet. Now she sticked to Alleria and follows her.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    Clearly you know so much about Christianity...
    The only difference is that Christianity prefers when Christian has intercourse for multiple times to have many children to teach of Christian ways.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Humans live like 100 years while elves live for thousands of years, isn't that reason alone not to do it and instead go for elven men?
    It's simple - Humans find Elves look really sexy (not surprising - for just about anything you can find some Human that finds it sexy). It turns out Humans are really good in bed, and when they wear out you can always find another - it's not like there's any shortage of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Voij View Post
    Not entirely certain what universe this was from, but I remember that in one universe the appeal was that humans were more fertile. Elves were long-lived, so nature made sure that they wouldn't birth too many children by lowering their fertility. 1 or 2 kids in 1000 years was enough. This supposedly also made them less excitable around sex and around life in general. On the other end of the spectrum, humans were rather short-lived, so they lived more vicariously and more emotionally. They also had much higher fertility, so for the elves that had a desire to have children it was more realistic to be together with humans.
    Again, not sure what universe this was from, but that's how an abundance of half-elves was explained there.
    Errant Story?

Human men are male representation and elven women are arguably the ultimate beauties as well as ageless, traits traditionally desirable to men. Compare to how society sees age differences in couples; older man and younger woman is fine in most cases, but the opposite feels weird.

Night elves are Japanese.
    Makes sense since most WoW players are turbo virglords who watch anime.

Infracted.
    Edit: My infraction says im trolling, but im not trolling.
    I sincerely believe the WoW playerbase has a very significant number of turbo virglords who watch anime.
    May i also use this time to assert my opinion that people who watch anime are more likely to be pedophiles.
    Last edited by Spicymemer; 2020-03-25 at 03:13 AM. Reason: Received Infraction

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Imagine you are a writter. You create this awesome human male character that may or may not look like you or share some of your ideals - whatever, you see some of yourself in him.

What do you do next?

You give him a hot elf girlfriend, of course!
    I think that's on point. It's male writers mainly and they all have a self insert that wants to have a hot and devine girlfriend.
    Like Nathanos and Sylvanas (aka Danuser and Sylvanas). It's really not that complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Had to nerd it up on the "5/8" Eldar claim cause it didn't strike me as quite right.

Earendil, their father is 50% eldar 50% human. Elwing, their mother, is less clear... her mother was eldar, and her father was half human, 1/4 eldar and 1/4 MAIAR (his grandparents were Melian and Thingol). Maiar are basically the lesser angels (Sauron is a fallen Maiar). So Elwing is 1/8 maiar, 1/4 human, and 5/8 Eldar.

This means that Elrond and Elros are: 1/16 Maiar, 9/16 Eldar, and 3/8 human.

Whew. So it's 9/16, not 5/8. God I'm a nerd.

Weird history of Elwing btw - she threw herself into the Sea at one point and was transformed into a bird, flew around until she found Earendil.

Another random fun one - when Aragorn is marrying Arwen, he is actually marrying his first cousin... 62 times removed. Arwen is Elrond's daughter, and Aragorn is descended from Elros, Elrond's brother. Arwen is approximately 2700 years old when she marries him. Arwen is good for revitalizing the family tree because she's got a lot more of that sweet sweet Maiar blood than Aragorn does, along with Eldar blood to boot.
    I forgot about Melian. So Aragorn and Arwen are both part angel too...so there's another fetish to throw in.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

In Silmarillion, Tolkien describes death as a "gift" to men from the gods. The fact that men die earlier makes them more driven and passionate, eager to make things happen and take initiative and maybe enjoy life to the fullest. In almost every fantasy literature, the elf is the perfect evolution of man, and embodies everything that men want and cannot be. So the elves may be attracted to men because of their initiative and passion and men attracted to elves because of their perfection.

It's not plenty. That's not problem. Problem is that all FAMOUS and STORY CENTERED elves are in some relationship with human(s). All Windrunners are in love with human and Vallera is questionable too in World of Warcraft. She changed their behaviour since her "Loyality to Quel'thalas and her people" (first comic where she meet Varian).

As far as i remember only famous female thalassian elf that is not in relationship with human is Liadrin. And she is with relationship with "human faith" for light.

And that's problem. It practially made people think that this is normal.
    Last edited by Artelia; 2020-03-24 at 09:59 AM.

Because promoting race mixing is a mandatory agenda these days and the game industry isn't exception. Check any advertisement or movie, there is always a mixed couple these days to pander to all consumer demographics

Considering the divorce rate in RL...maybe the Elves are happy to have several shots at relationships

Also...since I am not the greatest at Lore...how many is "so many"?

- - - Updated - - -

There probably is an explanation what happened to Arwen when she gives up her (relative) immortality? Like..she then only lives as long as a human would from then on? (Also probably an explanation how you give it up )
    Aragon was from the Numenor line wich was blessed with longer life.

THE one and only reason to enter a lasting relationship.

What do elf males or human females get out of this?
    Some pairings just work, real life often sees white guys and asian girls together for instance. I'm guilty as charged, I'm asian and my husband is white.

I enjoy Human male + Elf female pairings in fiction, what do I get out of it? Girls generally like when our men/boyfriends are approved of by other women. We ask our friends what they think, we look for other women checking our guys out, it's just how we evolved, a guy that can get a girl that is beyond his "league" must have something going for him! And imagine if an elf girl likes a guy, he must have loads of things going for him!
    Generally the guys I know don't care nearly as much what their friends think, if they find their lady beautiful, well, everyone elses thoughts no longer matter!

As for the guy part I think that's simpler, elf women are hot. lol

well elves are always hot, like always hot. so i get why a human would go elf.

on the other hand OP yeah i think elves go through a "human phase" in their early 200s where they marry a human to piss off their father. since humans live significantly less time than an elf, it's over once they're in their 300s.

win win really
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...