Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Ok because you say so I guess. Never mind that people are acting ;like animals and attacking each other over Toilet paper. Food shortages? I am sure the General public will continue to handle that with Grace just like they have with everything else. Oh and in case you have not noticed, but societal order is already starting to break down.

Continue on with your naive assumptions. I am sure it will serve you well , Just pray that things dont get much worse . In the mean time I will prepare.
    Pfff, as Draco said, if the Black Fridays havent killed you, this also will not. Panic buying in Latvia lasted less than a week, shops are full, people are spreading out the visit times, etc. If that shit is still ongoing for you (probably is not in most places), then maybe there is a different problem than one which requires guns to solve.
    P.S.
    Monkey see, monkey do. That includes you as well if you decided that this is the time to get more guns. There is not really much difference from the blind buying of toilet paper...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    So you're a democrat?
    No, I do not identify with any political party actually.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I think you missed the bulk of what I said and focused on the scary homeless people. Since COVID-19 targets people in your age group I hope you have gone down in your silo or lock down and aren't coming out anyways. Also I do hope for someone so concerned with survival you and your wife are fit people because the people on these lines look more like contestants for the biggest loser not Rambo so COVID-19 has a higher chance of killing them than their neighbors.
    You have no idea what my age actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    You have no idea what my age actually is.
    You're a young 18 year old grandpa

10+ Year Old Account
    You're a young 18 year old grandpa
    Hardly, but I am not at that much greater risk than a 20 year old for fatality. However I am not stupid and have been working from home for two weeks and have enough supplies for my entire family to not have to venture out for 2+ weeks if needed.

Out of curiosity, have you never seen videos of black Friday? Americans don't need a virus to fight over shit , it's kind of what we do. As far as I am aware there are no food shortages just people raiding the junk food isle plenty of healthy food to go around hoarders seem to hate them.

If you this is society breaking down you are one privileged individual because you've never been places where that has actually happened so you have no clue what that looks like.
    And you would be wrong. All across the country, fresh produce, meat and dairy is gone . Grocery stores are have hard times restocking because the demand outstrips supply.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Pfff, as Draco said, if the Black Fridays havent killed you, this also will not. Panic buying in Latvia lasted less than a week, shops are full, people are spreading out the visit times, etc. If that shit is still ongoing for you (probably is not in most places), then maybe there is a different problem than one which requires guns to solve.
    P.S.
    Monkey see, monkey do. That includes you as well if you decided that this is the time to get more guns. There is not really much difference from the blind buying of toilet paper...
    So you are not even a American and you are telling us how it is here. Bwahahaha.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I am not concerned personally of having most people wanting to attack my house, but I rather be prepared for the few scums who would. Some people and more so when crap like this virus is happening, understand that without some way to protect themselves, they can be defenseless victims.

Part of the second amendment's purpose is giving the citizens the right to use firearms for self protection.
    You do realize that owning a gun doesn't prevent you from being a defenseless victim, right? And not having a gun doesn't automatically make you one either. There are soooo many things in this world that a rational person can and should be worried about. Roving gangs of bandits looking to attack your house are very, very, very low on the list.

You can try to make an argument for simply being prepared just in case, but are you also prepared for every single other mishap that may befall you? Probably not. You probably dismiss plenty of other hazards simply because they seem unlikely. Do you wear a helmet at all times to avoid head injuries? Those are far more likely to injure you than a random home invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    You do realize that owning a gun doesn't prevent you from being a defenseless victim, right? And not having a gun doesn't automatically make you one either. There are soooo many things in this world that a rational person can and should be worried about. Roving gangs of bandits looking to attack your house are very, very, very low on the list.

You can try to make an argument for simply being prepared just in case, but are you also prepared for every single other mishap that may befall you? Probably not. You probably dismiss plenty of other hazards simply because they seem unlikely. Do you wear a helmet at all times to avoid head injuries? Those are far more likely to injure you than a random home invasion.
    Your argument against owning a gun is also the argument against condoms, and social distancing.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post

There are other ways to defend yourself than using a firearm. It is just much easier and has a higher chance of being successful for a person. Esp. the elderly and those who are not very strong. Also depends on what device the attacker is going to use. A stronger opponent with a knife? You are likely to be toast if all you have is your hands and legs.

What type of device a person wants to use is up to the individual, what country they live in, laws which allow such and so forth. I am just glad I live in a country where choosing a firearm for that purpose, is a constitutional right.

I take other precautions also. Like having a fire extinguisher in the kitchen, dead bolts on the doors, 3 fire alarms in the house, etc. Always will wear some eye protection if I am working on anything with the potential for them to get damaged. Wear my seat belt when I drive. And no, I do not think a head injury is more likely to happen when I am at home than a home invasion. If I was doing construction work, then yeah.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2020-03-24 at 11:52 AM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

And you would be wrong. All across the country, fresh produce, meat and dairy is gone . Grocery stores are have hard times restocking because the demand outstrips supply.
    There's zero evidence of this going on across the country unless you are talking about toilet paper. A bit of advice don't shop during weekends that's when the hoarders show up or if you do go on Sunday afternoons everything is already restocked.

There's zero evidence of this going on across the country unless you are talking about toilet paper. A bit of advice don't shop during weekends that's when the hoarders show up or if you do go on Sunday afternoons everything is already restocked.
    meat, produce, dairy, and obviously any form of viable disinfectant including household bleach are pretty much already at "you were first in line the day they truck got unloaded or you don't get it", like paper goods, at least in north Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    meat, produce, dairy, and obviously any form of viable disinfectant including household bleach are pretty much already at "you were first in line the day they truck got unloaded or you don't get it", like paper goods, at least in north Florida.
    Where are you shopping? disinfectants and toilet paper are the only things in short supply big box stores are already restocked. The hoarding rush has already passed.

Where are you shopping? disinfectants and toilet paper are the only things in short supply big box stores are already restocked. The hoarding rush has already passed.
    Every grocer, Target, and Wal-Mart in my vicinity in suburban Jacksonville. I'm not hard up, there are things; I was able to get a couple pounds of meat, but again, that was on the day I was there in line before it opened. Anybody who went to that publix between ~8:30am and 8:00pm was SOL that day.

Every grocer, Target, and Wal-Mart in my vicinity in suburban Jacksonville. I'm not hard up, there are things; I was able to get a couple pounds of meat, but again, that was on the day I was there in line before it opened. Anybody who went to that publix between ~8:30am and 8:00pm was SOL that day.
    Last week everything was gone but this week I find shelves are restocked try your nearest Costco they even have resumed 2 day deliveries in a lot of areas. Some items are not going to be in stock for a while like disinfectants because hospitals are in dire need of them, my brother manages supplies for hospitals they are getting whatever they can find at any price.

So you are not even a American and you are telling us how it is here. Bwahahaha.
    Yes, I am not, and yes, I will. Because you are not special or different and this is 21st century, information is freely available and I can make observations.
    Buying more guns now is the same as panic buying the toilet paper - ridiculous. My 5 cents/IMHO, of course...

Much the same in the Bangor area to. Of course TP, Cleaning supplies are gone (I bought a bottle of Ever Clear for a disinfectant). Canned Goods are gone, Dry goods are gone, fresh meat are slim pickings, Produce is very limited.

Thankfully I started this whole thing w/a full freezer, and about a months supply of canned/dry goods. Still have a 24 pack of TP and a bidet. In regards to firearms I have about 500 rounds of 5.56 and another 500 of 9mm.

Since this started there have been 2 home invasions and 3 break ins in my area from addicts. It is that very reason why I have my 9mm now unlocked and w/in arms reach at all times. That in combination w/my security cameras has me feeling pretty comfortable at the moment. However, I live by what my Grandfather taught me "Hope for the best, prepare for the worst". That is why my biggest concern at this time is doing online classes, and figuring out when I need to go out to get soda.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Yes, I am not, and yes, I will. Because you are not special or different and this is 21st century, information is freely available and I can make observations.
    Buying more guns now is the same as panic buying the toilet paper - ridiculous. My 5 cents/IMHO, of course...
    Of course you can express your opinion. It just not anything we have to accept or agree with however. Not like ours will change what want you will do or yours for us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Much the same in the Bangor area to. Of course TP, Cleaning supplies are gone (I bought a bottle of Ever Clear for a disinfectant). Canned Goods are gone, Dry goods are gone, fresh meat are slim pickings, Produce is very limited.

Thankfully I started this whole thing w/a full freezer, and about a months supply of canned/dry goods. Still have a 24 pack of TP and a bidet. In regards to firearms I have about 500 rounds of 5.56 and another 500 of 9mm.

Since this started there have been 2 home invasions and 3 break ins in my area from addicts. It is that very reason why I have my 9mm now unlocked and w/in arms reach at all times. That in combination w/my security cameras has me feeling pretty comfortable at the moment. However, I live by what my Grandfather taught me "Hope for the best, prepare for the worst". That is why my biggest concern at this time is doing online classes, and figuring out when I need to go out to get soda.
    A wise grandfather. Just because something as never happened to any of us, is not the reason to not prepare for it maybe happening to us. And having a home break in, is very possible.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

People fighting over tp, if this takes months and months you will going to want protection at home. As a swedish person its pretty much impossible to get a gun if you dont have connections are a hunter or a member of a sports shooting club.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post

Right, here is no paper goods, no lower-cost meat (steaks, but no ground beef or chicken), canned goods/ pasta are hit or miss. Produce has bounced back this week, so hopefully the fresh meats will bump up also.

For ammo, I usually buy 9mm/ 45 in cases of 1000 since I like the Speer Lawman and it's not common around here for a good price. I did shoot up the 55gr 5.56 I had, but still have a case of 62gr and 77gr that'd be actual-use ammo if needed. Also plenty of 300blk since Hornady had a sale on 125gr stuff, not subs though, meh. Cases of 30-06 on clips, and a case of Aussie 7.62 Nato.

I was thinking of trying to swap my M1a Socom for a DSArms FAL that's a repro of the Israeli light barrel, but not sure it's worth it to swap at this time. It certainly seems my SIG M18 is not going to be available any time soon though!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    People fighting over tp, if this takes months and months you will going to want protection at home. As a swedish person its pretty much impossible to get a gun if you dont have connections are a hunter or a member of a sports shooting club.
    One of the issues is also that the bulkiness of paper goods makes it hard to justify filling a truck with the stuff vs lots of food products for the same location.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Right, here is no paper goods, no lower-cost meat (steaks, but no ground beef or chicken), canned goods/ pasta are hit or miss. Produce has bounced back this week, so hopefully the fresh meats will bump up also.

For ammo, I usually buy 9mm/ 45 in cases of 1000 since I like the Speer Lawman and it's not common around here for a good price. I did shoot up the 55gr 5.56 I had, but still have a case of 62gr and 77gr that'd be actual-use ammo if needed. Also plenty of 300blk since Hornady had a sale on 125gr stuff, not subs though, meh. Cases of 30-06 on clips, and a case of Aussie 7.62 Nato.

I was thinking of trying to swap my M1a Socom for a DSArms FAL that's a repro of the Israeli light barrel, but not sure it's worth it to swap at this time. It certainly seems my SIG M18 is not going to be available any time soon though!

- - - Updated - - -

One of the issues is also that the bulkiness of paper goods makes it hard to justify filling a truck with the stuff vs lots of food products for the same location.
    TP is a luxuary product, food is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    TP is a luxuary product, food is not.
    Part of the problem really is perception. If they can get enough to make people confident there will not be shortages, then they can relax. So they do need to get some TP out there to get people to think stuff is not the end. But yeah, just pointing out that there are issues with shipping large bundles of paper goods.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."