Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    What you may not realise is raider io can be seen your record of recent dungeons, party leaders check recent runs, if someone is depleting a 12 they must be very bad is what most ppl would think, i know personally if i was in a 12 key and it was even close to being a deplete the ppl in it must be absolutely disastrous in terms of skill level.
    Or undergeared or in bad luck because 1 person left or because either the tank or healer didn’t know what to do. Raider IO doesn’t tell you anything realy that’s the thing with pugging anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    I'm avoiding the type of guy who says "Well I only do 1 dungeon every week, but I'm still a very good player bla bla bla..." because they are lying.
    I do that and I'm certainly not lying. Just one dungeon a week for cache and that's all. I see no other reason why should I do more(not like I have enough time for that). But it's your opinion and you're entitled to have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    add me on EU and if you can "Top the Meters" in my group ill give you a 12/12M boost this week for free
    Gimme your battle-tag!

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Good for what, pushing +20? They won't be.
    Doing the weekly +15? They're probably good enough.

I'm one of the people who only do 1 dungeon per week and I don't apply to groups that say "pushing, aiming for +3" or keys above 16. But on the other hand you don't need MDI pros to do a weekly. Last week I pugged "15 for weekly" and the group was boosting a freshly dinged friend who did less dps than the disc priest, but since we were warned it was a carry run, I was like fine, as long as we don't get hardstuck on a boss I don't mind playing along. And guess what, we even timed it. With 1 person doing next to nothing and rest of the people not exactly being some "pusher pros".

I wish people were more honest with their capabilities, people who did +15s in previous seasons or did something close to 15 this season, or did some dungeons and not the others - they're probably fine for the weekly, especially when the aim is completion not the timer. A person who never stepped in a dungeon above 10? That's much more doubtful. A player who never did any m+ but "hey I was gladiator in tbc and did CM gold in MOP so I'm a good player"? Nah I somehow doubt you'd know what going on in the dungeons. Knowing your class rotation is not enough, you also need to have some idea about the content (in any form of pve).
    But why would I invite someone to my group who doesn't really enjoy doing M+ and don't have much experience with the dungeons, when I have 20 other applicants who are much more experienced? Why should I decline them and invite the guy who only do one dungeon every week?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I do that and I'm certainly not lying. Just one dungeon a week for cache and that's all. I see no other reason why should I do more(not like I have enough time for that). But it's your opinion and you're entitled to have it.
    Experience is important and a person who only do 1 dungeon a week cannot have a lot of experience. You're not a good player based on my standard because you lack experience. You might know your class well and can do a lot of damage, but you don't have experience with all the tricks in all the dungeons and I don't want a person like that in my group. Also, why would I invite someone who don't actually enjoy doing the m+?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Nope not really, I know several people who play like this. They prefer raiding but aim to get their +15 done for weekly cache each week.
    But they are not good in relation to M+ dungeons. You can be the best raider in the world, but if you don't have experience with the specific dungeons you will fail in a high key.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In general why would I invite a person to my group who only completes 1 dungeon every week when I have many other applicants with 50, 70 or 100 completed +15-20 runs.. why? Why should I pick the statistically worst person and decline the rest?
    Last edited by Kaver; 2020-03-24 at 11:59 AM.

They make their own groups fine without you.
    So why are you discussing them in this thread?

I'm avoiding the type of guy who says "Well I only do 1 dungeon every week, but I'm still a very good player bla bla bla..." because they are lying.
    Those lying mythic raiders who do 1 m+ dungeon a week !!! Damn them all !!!

If you don't want to stay in a group, then you are free to leave. Its a game. If the rest of the group makes you feel like you don't want to be there, then you are free to leave. Anyone trying to tell otherwise is not thinking clearly.

I do a lot of m+ and sure, sometimes its frustrating that for example a random dps pulls two packs on bolstering and group ends up with some giga mob that kills the group and afterwards the same culprit leaves and the group disbands. But who cares, really? Its a game. If you can't handle that sometimes the game doesn't go your way, you are playing the wrong game. If you have problems with queue time to dungeons, then you are playing the wrong game (or spec).

Experience is important and a person who only do 1 dungeon a week cannot have a lot of experience. You're not a good player based on my standard because you lack experience. You might know your class well and can do a lot of damage, but you don't have experience with all the tricks in all the dungeons and I don't want a person like that in my group. Also, why would I invite someone who don't actually enjoy doing the m+?
    It depends what you need. If you need Pushing >20 keys? Sure thing, don't invite me.
    +15 keys? Easy peasy.

It's just once a week and BFA is what? More than a year old. It would be unwise thinking that someone don't have enough experience, who know his class, would make any problems in a dungeon.

Anyway, I wasn't strictly talking about the whole M+ scene, just S4. Even though I've finished every dungeon in previous season on +15 timed(with much worse gear), sometimes I'm still being declined on +10-13 keys because of the r.io score. But I don't mind, I'm usually finding people and do the keys.

Yeah no, you dont know the people I am talking to so dont act like you do because what you're saying isnt true.
    They make their own groups fine without you.
    It is true. You cannot be good at M+ if you don't have a lot of experience with M+... it's the same as every other thing.

- - - Updated - - -

It's just once a week and BFA is what? More than a year old. It would be unwise thinking that someone don't have enough experience, who know his class, would make any problems in a dungeon.
    I have seen this very often. Maybe because I run a lot more keys than you do. Those people who don't have experience often cause problems even in a simple +15 key. Especially in the dungeons which people don't like to run like Siege, King's Rest, Shrine etc. Or ranged people who don't know very basic mechanics like baiting the green stuff on the first boss in Freehold.

And again, if there is 20 dps applying for a group, why would anybody choose the ones with low experience?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    Those lying mythic raiders who do 1 m+ dungeon a week !!! Damn them all !!!
    It's all good. I know a lot of them myself, and I completely understand people who don't want to run M+. But there is no reason to lie about and say that they know everything when they don't. Because they cant. Because knowing "everything" requires experience. And since they only run 1 dungeon a week they don't have the experience.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2020-03-24 at 11:36 PM.

It's all good. I know a lot of them myself, and I completely understand people who don't want to run M+. But there is no reason to lie about and say that they know everything when they don't. Because they cant. Because knowing "everything" requires experience. And since they only run 1 dungeon a week they don't have the experience.

I´ve run 1 or 2 +8 key dungeons a week for more than a year. RIO would say I´m fuckin noob, wich I´m not because I´ve seen all dungeons at least 10 times. But yeah im lying right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    Honestly that should be locked in system for mythic+ so they can't bring their "friend" inside it. That's the douche move they had to do to waste your time and "borrow" ur your damage. What the actual fuck...?

- - - Updated - - -

I had this few runs with sisters with ppl that doesn't know the mechanics and wipes. Like how the fuck are you here in this mythic+ 10 in first place? Some of them bought mythic+ runs carry to boost their I.O scores. Ok cool see ya *abandon group* I stopped doing mythic+ 10 above cuz ppl that likes to troll or don't do the mechanics or poor performances dead weight is a huge turn off.
    So I got a slight one up to this scenario. Just now got out of a heroic nyalotha. It was a half and half some learning some not. Which is fine, ppl coming back to work with the 100% xp buff and isolation, I get it. But check this.

We kill hivemind after two wipes, get to Raden. Ppl ask the usual question "anything I need to know here?". But I tell them Raden is unique it is the same as normal. And then comes the response. Oh I haven't done this fight on normal. Honestly even then I was like sure it's ok benefit of the doubt and what not. So I direct them to hazelnuttys link for a quick 5min vid on the fight.

Some people just decline to watch it and some outright lie. Because after giving a 10min break and multiple ready checks. The first guy that gets void collapse. Runs out of raid and dies. Projectile missed and later wiped cuz ppl with electric leash didn't spread. Gg.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlokh View Post
    I´ve run 1 or 2 +8 key dungeons a week for more than a year. RIO would say I´m fuckin noob, wich I´m not because I´ve seen all dungeons at least 10 times. But yeah im lying right?
    The thing is that you only have experience at +8 key level. And that is not much of an experience, regardless of how many runs have you completed.

At +8 level you can still be pretty relaxed when it comes to soaking dmg from bosses/mobs. Its not like you will die, at mst they hit you for 20%hp which heal covers in one gcd. However when you go to say +15, the very same mechanics that you have learnt to ignore are now life threatening. It is completely different game and requires different approach. Unless you go into those higher keys, you will struggle as the difference in high level runs compared to +8 bracket is drastic. And no matter how big of wow prodigy you are, in the first few runs you will struggle. And that is precisely why people will pass you over, since they would be looking for player who is already aware of the dynamics of high level key run.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just have a rule i dont invite anyone that applies as a group. You can almost bet unless they are super undergeared that they are going to be immature if things go south.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Imagine having this happen when in my shoes. I spend 3 hours just trying to find a group because I dont have a 2k io score, or I'm not 475 for a +10, dont even know why IO shows your alts when no pays attention to your linked main on there, my main is 475 btw. I can't even play my alt anymore cause of how people are now.
    Make your own group. Its pretty easy to do. That way you can choose the players to carry you instead of hoping to get carried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

That's why I have my 4 mates to do a 15+ or higher. Simply to avoid pugs, r.io, leavers and stupid/bad players.

It's such an easy solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    So I got a slight one up to this scenario. Just now got out of a heroic nyalotha. It was a half and half some learning some not. Which is fine, ppl coming back to work with the 100% xp buff and isolation, I get it. But check this.

We kill hivemind after two wipes, get to Raden. Ppl ask the usual question "anything I need to know here?". But I tell them Raden is unique it is the same as normal. And then comes the response. Oh I haven't done this fight on normal. Honestly even then I was like sure it's ok benefit of the doubt and what not. So I direct them to hazelnuttys link for a quick 5min vid on the fight.

Some people just decline to watch it and some outright lie. Because after giving a 10min break and multiple ready checks. The first guy that gets void collapse. Runs out of raid and dies. Projectile missed and later wiped cuz ppl with electric leash didn't spread. Gg.
    you cant really blame them .

if you play constantly you should be realisticaly at 452-455 itlv just from emmisaries/WF/dungeon event.

depends on luck

so ofc some of them might not have done it on normal .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you cant really blame them .

if you play constantly you should be realisticaly at 452-455 itlv just from emmisaries/WF/dungeon event.

depends on luck

so ofc some of them might not have done it on normal .
    i didnt until they declined to watch the vid or lied about it.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    or maybe its time to admit that game is overtuned for majority of audience and its time to make separate tournament realms with compeltly separate difficulty from rest of game.
    This might be one of the most inteligent things I have ever seen said on these forums.
    I have been chosen by the big metal hand in the sky!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlokh View Post
    You have enough experience for +8. Which you score reflects, it doesn't say noob for +8 but noob for +15. There are so many abilities by trash mobs that instagib you in +15 you can't outgear, you will die a lot because in +8 you can ignore most of the stuff and have no experience what to actually avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    lol what was passive aggressive about that?get over yourself dude,he makes a perfectly valid point,btw you dont need to raid lead when making a normal nyalotha pug group,just take 20 minutes to look at a video about figths,if someone fucks up badly kick and replace,its normal...its literaly usualy easier than lfr cause of the types of people joining,and often you see high ilvl people joining just for the coruption drops or to help friends,also there is no power creep in this patch as titanforge is gone,if anything many people have lower ilvls because of coruption items,and i have seen plenty of nya pugs that are ilvl apropriate

- - - Updated - - -

this is some brilliant logic you got,fuck over other people because they dont play how you want lol,people can ask for whatever ilvl they want,plenty of other groups outthere that dont ask for exagerated ilvl's,also...making your own group isnt passive agressive,its a valid solution

- - - Updated - - -

actualy ilvl tells you way more these days,no titanforge means no lucky people squeezing by only if you buy boosts,in fact ilvls tend to be lower this patch because of corruption,im 479 total ilvl but i use 415 gloves
    aka ilvl tells you nothing since corruption matters more

- - - Updated - - -

Gimme your battle-tag!
    Because realistically you probably aren't that good at M+ if you only do one a week. There are a lot of things you need to know at higher key levels that just don't matter at lower ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    You have enough experience for +8. Which you score reflects, it doesn't say noob for +8 but noob for +15. There are so many abilities by trash mobs that instagib you in +15 you can't outgear, you will die a lot because in +8 you can ignore most of the stuff and have no experience what to actually avoid.
    This is the thing most people don't want to admit about their exp. In lower keys tank or heal can carry hard, but when you go into higher keys, you will notice tons of new mechanics in the dungeon which essentially does not exist in anything under +15 with ilvl of 460ilvl. Did a junk on my 450 mage while I main a pala tank. Stuff hurts, you have to know when to use defensives/pots/LoS otherwise some unavoidable mechanics can bring you to critical level and a grevious will just kill you if healer is busy saving tanks ass from bolstered mobs. Not even talking about knowing what to CC/interrupt on trash packs which becomes extremely crucial because tank/heal needs support from dps instead of just taking every spell to the face and using a minor to recover.