Poll: ?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Question Mechagnome needs clothes?

Hey there,

Do you also think it is stupid that Mechagnomes cant wear gloves, pants and boots?

Why can they wear helmets?

I mean there is not even logic why a glove/boot would fit a Kul Tiran but not a Mechagnome...

Would you like for Mechagnomes to have the options like regular gnomes?

Cheers!

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you want a regular Gnome, maybe play one? This cyborg thing is part of the whole Mechagnome identity. It seems a bit perverse to immediately want to make them look like normal Gnomes.

Why play a race that by default comes with unique visuals, only to hide them with the same gear all the other races have?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    If you want a regular Gnome, maybe play one? This cyborg thing is part of the whole Mechagnome identity. It seems a bit perverse to immediately want to make them look like normal Gnomes.
    Except its not even stylized in a way that makes you think 'cool robot parts!', its hideous and legit looks like a diaper even if you're not looking at it with a negative bias. You don't force players to have to show these parts then make them hideous, its bad design imo. At least with Forsaken, their exposed bones aren't too jarring and designed in a way where it doesn't take away from the model and adds to the theme.

They are by and large the worst-designed Allied Race imo for this reason.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    Except its not even stylized in a way that makes you think 'cool robot parts!', its hideous and legit looks like a diaper even if you're not looking at it with a negative bias. You don't force players to have to show these parts then make them hideous, its bad design imo. At least with Forsaken, their exposed bones aren't too jarring and designed in a way where it doesn't take away from the model and adds to the theme.

They are by and large the worst-designed Allied Race imo for this reason.
    It seems like if that's the real problem, then the answer to this would be to re-design the crotch to remove any "diaper" effect, not to just hide the cyborg parts entirely.

They can wear helms so the rest of us don't have to look at their deformed gnome faces. It's a mercy.

The whole thing is awful anyway, mechagnomes should look like Mimiron. Just gnome shaped mechanicals. What they've put in the game is an abomination.

Stupid? Not at all. Got my mechagnome to 110 and am enjoying allied armor set

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    It seems like if that's the real problem, then the answer to this would be to re-design the crotch to remove any "diaper" effect, not to just hide the cyborg parts entirely.
    What's wrong with more options?

Mag'har and regular Orcs look identical in armor. LFD and Draenei do too as well as others.

They don't have to take it away but give players the options to hide it.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    They should be able to use gloves, sleeves, pants and boots just for customization purposes but there is a reason why they don't: their mechanical limbs are superior to every piece of gear, aesthetically-speaking. That's their culture, at least. Need no boots when the mechano-feet is style incarnate.

I guess they could make them be almost entirely similar to the Mechagnomes in Northrend body-shape wise if they wanted to be able to fit them to armor easier in the future. If the current implementation means they have to adjust all armors more than usual in order to accommodate for the special limbs, it would seem like a liability at that point.

The only issue I have with the Northrend Mechagnome form would be the base gnome idle animations seeming unnatural in terms of breathing when the stomachs heave and everything -- but that issue if I can recall correctly is solved anyway as Mechagnomes we have now do kind of spasm around like robots (at least in the arms) when in idle as they are now... so it could work, couldn't it?

Would like a completely mechanical race, like the many pets and mobs ingame..

With the heritage armor they look almost completely mechanical, but shame there is no true mechanical race imo.

No. As its also a good challange for your transmog collection. Also tbh there is more wrong of the people who directly think of diaper fetishes or something, just stop sexualizing everything ffs.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Mag'har and regular Orcs look identical in armor. LFD and Draenei do too as well as others.

Wow, you sure dodged my point entirely, and decided to talk about something entirely unrelated, which strongly suggests you were being entirely disingenuous.

I think it might work if they could have some cyborg and some regular limbs, mix and match. So if you wanted pants, you could have regular legs. Just as long as there's at least one robo limb in there. Yeah that blurs the boundaries closer to regular gnomes but I know plenty of characters with one robot arm/etc stylistically that it'd be fun to name them after.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    They can wear helms so the rest of us don't have to look at their deformed gnome faces. It's a mercy.

The whole thing is awful anyway, mechagnomes should look like Mimiron. Just gnome shaped mechanicals. What they've put in the game is an abomination.
    Agreed, but it's not like they can retcon an entire island and allied race and replace it, so I'm working with what we've got.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I don't see the problem. For the Omnissiah!!

Last edited by Budong; 2020-03-25 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    I don't see the problem. For the Omnissiah!!

That's how I see mechagnomes.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

It's quite simple;
    you can replace a hand, leg, eye, ear or jaw... but replacing a brain doesn't quite work.

A certain mechagnome tried; and we had to step in and stop him before he did it to all of us and put him down.

Their brains are still living things, that's why they should also wear helmets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    It's quite simple;
    you can replace a hand, leg, eye, ear or jaw... but replacing a brain doesn't quite work.

A certain mechagnome tried; and we had to step in and stop him before he did it to all of us and put him down.

Their brains are still living things, that's why they should also wear helmets.
    <333333 xXDD

7+ Year Old Account

LFD and Draeni are one of the ones that dont, cause the naru symbol and the horns.
    Maghar and reg orcs yeah you right.
    but vulpera, nightborne, hightmountain kultiran, mechagnomes, void elf, dark iron (Unless you hide the bears/mustache, so male only) all are easy to tell apart from the others
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Hey there,

Do you also think it is stupid that Mechagnomes cant wear gloves, pants and boots?

Why can they wear helmets?

I mean there is not even logic why a glove/boot would fit a Kul Tiran but not a Mechagnome...

Would you like for Mechagnomes to have the options like regular gnomes?

Cheers!
    No, I like mechagnomes fine the way they are. In fact with their heritage armor, I think they have a degree of 'completeness' that most races don't come close to having.

Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.