View Poll Results: Wealthy people, actors, etc telling the rest to stay put, does it work?

Voters
34. This poll is closed
  • Yes it does. They have a voice and a platform and people will follow

8 23.53%
  • No it doesn't. Its easy to tell us to stay put while they dont have to worry financially

26 76.47%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Hell no. Even the damn governors of states can't make people stay put. Why would some rich asshole with no worries have any bigger impact?
    More people know most celebrities than their state's governor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    They listened to her instead of the dozens that said to vaccinate? That sounds like bullshit. It's more likely that people on both sides hold her up as a reason to validate their own beliefs.
    "I already new vaccines put bees in my teeth, Jenny is a truth seeker too"
    Or
    "Look how dum Jenny is. There have only been 4 cases of dental bees this year. She's dangerous just like those anti dental bee people in seattle. Vaccines save lives"
    Perhaps they did. But her platform gave them credibility they would not have had otherwise. That enabled their message to spread farther and faster than it would have on it's own.