Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

PSA: Temp / Perma Bans for Trading Malefic Cores in Visions.

Apparently you can trade Malefic Cores to others in the same vision as you - People are getting temporarily or permanently banned for this based on previoujs infractions.. if you are attempted to do this, DON'T.

What is the point? To give to people who hadn't gotten the cloak to 15 yet?

I'm sure there are people who will say this is "fun detected", but honestly, this is obviously unintended and leads directly to an increase in actual player power that'll go beyond what is designed for for the rest of the expansion, so it's one of the relatively few times I can see temp bans being justified. Perma seems a bit harsh when they can just do rollbacks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    What is the point? To give to people who hadn't gotten the cloak to 15 yet?
    Malefic Cores increase corruption resistance by 3, so if one person can get 15 resistance from a full party clear that would over time allow a person to have a huge resistance to corruption effects, which would let them stack Infinite Stars or Twilight Devastation beyond what is intended.

No, probably to help a player, who already has a rank 15, add more than just 1 to increase their CR so they can wear even more Corrupted gear. Think about it, Grab full group of 4 alts, 1 main, 5 cores to the main, swap toons, repeat. I'm glad they are banning over this, if true.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    No, probably to help a player, who already has a rank 15, add more than just 1 to increase their CR so they can wear even more Corrupted gear. Think about it, Grab full group of 4 alts, 1 main, 5 cores to the main, swap toons, repeat. I'm glad they are banning over this, if true.
    There is a big difference from obviously it being a broken/overpowered mechanic AND if its justified to ban people over it.

I dont understand the logic of banning people over a Blizzards mistake.
    Are people supposed to do the math themselves and figure out "this is overpowered and blizzard messed up"?

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Malefic Cores increase corruption resistance by 3, so if one person can get 15 resistance from a full party clear that would over time allow a person to have a huge resistance to corruption effects, which would let them stack Infinite Stars or Twilight Devastation beyond what is intended.
    Ok interesting ... so the cap is what can be earned (as far as cores) and not what can be applied. Would not have guessed that. Pretty dumb though since a simple db query would list the obvious exploiters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its obviously an exploit. If you do it, get banned and then complained about it then youre obviously an idiot.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

something something I am the victim something
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Ok interesting ... so the cap is what can be earned (as far as cores) and not what can be applied. Would not have guessed that. Pretty dumb though since a simple db query would list the obvious exploiters.
    Yeah. With Blizzard's official post saying you can only earn one a week, or two a week as a catch-up mechanic if you are behind the curve and can kill N'zoth, it should be fairly obvious to anyone who isn't trying to justify exploiting the game that Blizzard didn't intend for these to be used to go beyond a weekly limit.

It's very odd that they are even tradeable. The only reason I can think of for that is to allow people to carry a friend's alt and boost them up to the current limit, but if that's the case they didn't properly put a limit on how many could be applied as a maximum. Other possibility is them being tradable is an error.

In any case, "it's Blizzard's mistake" may be true but it doesn't excuse exploiters from consequences. If the bank accidentally gives you $10,000 when you transferred $1,000 it's still theft if you use it and don't report it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    There is a big difference from obviously it being a broken/overpowered mechanic AND if its justified to ban people over it.

I dont understand the logic of banning people over a Blizzards mistake.
    Are people supposed to do the math themselves and figure out "this is overpowered and blizzard messed up"?
    People should be smart enough to realize that "If it feels wrong, or a mistake, it is one." and contact Blizzard for Classification.

7+ Year Old Account
    Man, the potential power increase from this exploit..... good god.

People should be smart enough to realize that "If it feels wrong, or a mistake, it is one." and contact Blizzard for Classification.
    What if someday i find some weird thing i can do to earn a large amount of gold?
    Like...realm hoping to kill a bunch of mobs that drop high value trash.

And im banned for it...

Am i supposed to ask Blizzard: "Hey im getting rich? Can i do this?"

Just an example i always had this idea on my mind
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2020-03-24 at 11:21 PM.

What if someday i find some weird thing i can do to earn a large amount of gold?
    Like...realm hoping to kill a bunch of mobs that drop high value trash.

And im banned for it...

Am i supposed to ask Blizzard: "Hey im getting rich? Can i do this?"

Just an example
    Yes, if it feels wrong, it probably is, and why you ask Blizzard for Clarification. And... something like this DID happen, when they added Layering. People exploited layer hopping to farm for BfA Herbs, and got temporary bans for it, if I recall correctly.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    I think the most amusing thing about this to me is that there was no need for this convoluted system to begin with.

I'm sorry, but people need to stop being Blizz apologists. This was an obvious use case to check for, and Blizz blew it due to lazy programming and even lazier testing.

And I call BS on "people should know this is unintended", and therefore they shouldn't be doing this. There are all kinds of unintended functions in the game, and Blizz ignores plenty of them. We can't read their minds, and they need to start stepping up by communicating more often and much more clearly.

Yes, if it feels wrong, it probably is, and why you ask Blizzard for Clarification. And... something like this DID happen, when they added Layering. People exploited layer hopping to farm for BfA Herbs, and got temporary bans for it, if I recall correctly.
    See? This is why i dont like banning people with a trigger happy finger...

In this case i think is fine because you CANT trade outside visions...so it was obviously a mistake by Blizzard.
    But man...i just know it...someday i will be banned XD

7+ Year Old Account
    Sounds made up.

Yes. And it's totally unfair because the math is pretty complex. I need to compare the one core a week I am supposed to be able to get with the more than one core I get if ppl trade me something that is inherently odd not to be soulbound. I mean, FFS Blizzard I don't have a PhD in the mathematics how the fuck can I figure this out?

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, yes they absoluetly are. It's called common sense.

Should this be able to happen? No Will I get punished if I exploit this? Yes

Simple math really.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Sounds made up.
    My bad, they only Punished those that exploited it in "Classic Wow" if you think it's "made up" just google "Layer exploit Wow" and expand your mind a bit.

7+ Year Old Account
    My bad, they only Punished those that exploited it in "Classic Wow" if you think it's "made up" just google "Layer exploit Wow" and expand your mind a bit.
    LOL @ "Expand your mind" Yeah, cause translating inaccurate accounts require an expanded mind.

Figured you were just another in a long line of people that misrepresent blizzards actions. Post accurately in the future.