10+ Year Old Account
    Why do the Broncos hate their two young RBs so much?

- - - Updated - - -

Knew the Saints were in the market for Emmanuel Sanders, glad they got it done, and for a reasonable price with how some WR are getting paid.
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Knew the Saints were in the market for Emmanuel Sanders, glad they got it done, and for a reasonable price with how some WR are getting paid.
    That's a scary combo. Sanders is so underrated.

With news of the money Hopkins wanted in a new contract, has signing a receiver to qb level money ever worked out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

I've been asking myself that about the Broncos the last 2 years with running Freeman into stacked boxes constantly and QBs trying to decapitate Lindsay on screens.

Really though, adding an explosive receiving back would have made sense since neither of them do that well, but $8 mill for Gordon is questionable. Theo Riddick would have been better for that as long as he doesn't get hurt on a hospital ball from a terrible QB in preseason again. Only reason Gordon makes any sense whatsoever is if Shurmur really wanted him and thinks he fits his offense better.

They could even put him at QB on some plays, he is probably better at it than Taysom Hill.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    I've been asking myself that about the Broncos the last 2 years with running Freeman into stacked boxes constantly and QBs trying to decapitate Lindsay on screens.

Really though, adding an explosive receiving back would have made sense since neither of them do that well, but $8 mill for Gordon is questionable. Theo Riddick would have been better for that as long as he doesn't get hurt on a hospital ball from a terrible QB in preseason again. Only reason Gordon makes any sense whatsoever is if Shurmur really wanted him and thinks he fits his offense better.

They could even put him at QB on some plays, he is probably better at it than Taysom Hill.
    3QB sets. The Saints are going to turn the QB into the TE of a few years ago.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    "BREAKING: The #Patriots have reached agreements with QB Brian Hoyer and former Jets LB Brandon Copeland today. This will be Hoyer's third tour of duty with in New England." - https://twitter.com/globejimmcbride/...06610315476994

Hoyer the Destroyer back in NE. Seems more and more likely that BB just really liked what he saw in Stidham.

- - - Updated - - -

Hoyer apparently competing for the starting job.

"Agent Joe Linta tells me: “It someone offered him $5M or $6M to be a backup, Brian still would’ve wanted to be back in New England. They gave him a chance to compete for the starting job, and that’s all he asked for.”" - Rapoport

10+ Year Old Account
    Patriots have 3 QBs on their depth chart I highly doubt they're going to be grabbing anyone else outside of the draft. Which means there's 3 QBs on the market with no teams with an obvious opening left.

Only team I can really think of off the top of my head is Vegas, and frankly they could easily decide to just roll with Carr at this point since they never even had a real interest in Brady.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    This is quintessential Belichick - cresting competition but also getting lunch pail kinda guys who are not super flashy and he can mold (ie not Jameis).

But yeah I agree with you, this comes down to Stidham. I don’t see Hoyer returning the Pats to glory.

I also don’t think qb works the same as other positions and this is gonna be tough. If Hoyer pushes Stidham to be better, fine. If it becomes something where there’s not any continuity that’s a real problem.
    On the plus side he's Bill Belichick. He's not going to get fired for one bad season after winning 6 rings. So if Stidham turns out to be a bust, oh well, they have a higher pick next year.

If they were to swing for the fences and give Jameis or Cam a big contract, that's it, they're locked in unless they want to eat a big dead cap hit that takes away one of their primary ways of getting better, free agents chasing rings.

Patriots are probably looking at the long game here, crazy as it might seem.

15+ Year Old Account
    They'll still be ok without a consistent O. Playoffs wouldn't surprise me on the back of a D.
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Bringing in Hoyer makes sense since he is at least familiar with the team. There is nothing but Winston available as a FA right now that might be considered a starter (or Bortles I guess), and he is coming off a 30 pick season. Trading for Newton would be insanely stupid, and Dalton might not even leave the Bengals. Not very many options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Patriots Purge continues. They are releasing long time kicker Stephen Gostkowski.

https://twitter.com/globejimmcbride/...69993942437889

Panthers signed PJ Walker. Nice to see someone that performed well in the XFL get another NFL shot.

They also traded Kyle Allen to the Redskins, guess they didn't like the idea of him being their backup again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    They'll still be ok without a consistent O. Playoffs wouldn't surprise me on the back of a D.
    A D that has bled talent pretty bad with no signs of replacement this year.

I honestly think people will be shocked when the Pats post a losing record this year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Panthers signed PJ Walker. Nice to see someone that performed well in the XFL get another NFL shot.

They also traded Kyle Allen to the Redskins, guess they didn't like the idea of him being their backup again.
    Also says a lot about Cam that Kyle Allen was traded to Ron Rivera instead of him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    A D that has bled talent pretty bad with no signs of replacement this year.

I honestly think people will be shocked when the Pats post a losing record this year.
    I think most people expect them to do poorly, I feel pretty confident they'll still make the playoffs, even moreso with the extra team getting in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Also says a lot about Cam that Kyle Allen was traded to Ron Rivera instead of him.
    It REALLY doesn't. The different in cap hit between them is $18.5 million, and between Alex Smith & Haskins, Washington has $25 million committed to QBs. Plus, why would Washington hire a new coach that doesn't want to work with Haskins, they fired the last guy that didn't. Nonsense comparison in contract and need, between Allen & Newton - a cheap backup that can help install a new offense and work with the other QBs in the room is what they needed and what they got.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Rams logo is horrible but at least they're sticking with the good colors.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Chargers are making Powder Blue their new base color. They officially win the LA uniform battle.

Broncos signed Sam Martin. Probably the most important Elway signing so far, even at his worst he is still far better than Wadman. Then again, with the history of Broncos punters he will probably struggle.

At least 1 LA team made a good decision, really don't understand the Rams new logo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cam Newton officially released. Man, assuming this season goes on normally, it's gonna be so weird. Every year there are big names seen on different teams, but Tom Brady, Philip Rivers, and Cam playing on different ones is just so crazy, given how long each have been at their respective places.

10+ Year Old Account
    Receiver market is heating up

Robby Anderson to Carolina
    Perriman to the Jets
    Dorsett to Seattle
    Funchess to Green Bay
    /s

Damn, Travis Frederick retired. Everyone is retiring this year.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Cam Newton officially released. Man, assuming this season goes on normally, it's gonna be so weird. Every year there are big names seen on different teams, but Tom Brady, Philip Rivers, and Cam playing on different ones is just so crazy, given how long each have been at their respective places.
    Been saying that Cam was one serious injury away from being out of the league. I don't see him staying in for a couple more years unless he's a complete backup. But who wants a head case as a backup to be bored and ruin the locker room.