The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/

those last 5 polls listed surely don't put him at 50% that I see.
    My post was in reference to his handling of the coronavirus issue. Not his overall approval rating, which even fivethirtyeight, has him higher than your 43% overall approval rating in general.

They have him at 44.6%. Which is only .3% different than RealClear Politics average. lol!

His approval rating of handling the coronavirus situation, the last 4 polls, is from 50 - 60%.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2020-03-25 at 12:11 AM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    My post was in reference to his handling of the coronavirus issue. Not his overall approval rating, which even fivethirtyeight, has him higher than your 43% overall approval rating in general.

They have him at 44.6%. Which is only .3% different than RealClear Politics average. lol!
    And those people who are supporting his handling of it, are FUCKING RETARDED. He has failed at every fucking corner, contradicted the fucking experts, and is more worried about his legacy with his economy, than he is about people fucking dying. Even going as far as saying that it was "too bad" that Mitt Romney was being quarantined sarcastically because of that fucking moron Rand Paul being infected. He has no shame, no empathy, and deserves to be put in a fucking mental ward.

I'm still waiting to find out what people are approving of exactly. Trump has made this problem worse from the start and continues doing so even today.

Would love a good answer from a supporter that isn't vague.

Until that time we can only assume it's an extra 10% of low information idiots that would support any president during any crisis just because they feel like they are supposed to.
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2020-03-25 at 12:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    I'm still waiting to find out what people are approving of exactly. Trump has made this problem worse from the start and continues doing so even today.

Until that time we can only assume it's an extra 10% of low information idiots that would support any president during any crisis just because they feel like they are supposed to.
    Wait until we get into the full swing of infected people. We're still at the point where people are comparing this (incorrectly) to H1N1 and that this is just media hype. Once hospitals in New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago start becoming overloaded with patients and the decisions have to be made on who gets to stay in the ICU and who gets a ventilator becomes a thing we'll see how much it changes.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

There is data that backs the idea that people support a "war-time" president. Obviously, we're not at war - but it's the same mentality. Which is where his uptick in approval comes from, regardless of the reality of how he's handling it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Wait until we get into the full swing of infected people. We're still at the point where people are comparing this (incorrectly) to H1N1 and that this is just media hype. Once hospitals in New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago start becoming overloaded with patients and the decisions have to be made on who gets to stay in the ICU and who gets a ventilator becomes a thing we'll see how much it changes.
    I'm deeply concerned about how the Trump rhetoric is going to change once that starts happening. Once big cities, who largely vote democrat, start dying.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

lol! Well, those 10% idiots just might be enough to get him reelected. I do not think of them as idiots however. Just voters who do not share your disapproval of Trump. He needs a large support from the independents to get reelected.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Actually, Iran is now saying the US offered help to them, too.

And Iran claims they refused that help.

I am now convinced both countries are trolling the US. Simply put, now's the time. Both dictators want to appear strong and defiant. There's no chance they'll be contradicted in any meaningful way (it's not like Trump can offer proof he didn't call them), so both countries are going to give themselves a big ol' boost by appearing to take on Trump, and winning.

Gotta say, If Trump and his most fervent defenders continue to...how was it put, again?

Oh, right. Yes. If Trump and the rabid fanbase are going to use that, Iran throwing "well we heard you made it" back in their face is just adorable. Maybe if Trump had kept calling it coronavirus or something else neutral, the IMPOTUS wouldn't be the subject of the same conspiracy theories on the public stage? Just a thought.

- - - Updated - - -

You wasted precious months when you could've taken action to protect Americans & Illinoisans.

You should be leading a national response instead of throwing tantrums from the back seat.

Where were the tests when we needed them?

Where's the PPE?

Get off Twitter & do your job.

-- the Governor of Illinois

"PPE?"

Personal Protective Equipment. The masks and gowns Pelosi was talking about, that Trump is outbidding states for, that Trump suggested he'd use DPA for but hasn't yet.
    I find it adorable you would take the sides of dictators and foreign adversaries in order to spite the president that can be voted out in November and our own country. Trump started calling it the china virus after China accused the US of creating it in a lab. If anything Trump was the one that started trolling them first like they deserve.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-03-25 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I find it adorable you would take the sides of dictators and foreign adversaries in order to spite the president that can be voted out in November and our own country. Trump started calling it the china virus after China accused the US of creating it in a lab. If anything Trump was the one that started trolling them first like they deserve.
    Racism is not trolling.

I'm going to wager that our unknown 10% are probably like these folks who seem to imply anyone who doesn't fully support our president in time of crisis is siding with dictators.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    I'm going to wager that our unknown 10% are probably like these folks who seem to imply anyone who doesn't fully support our president in time of crisis is siding with dictators.
    I replied to the person that supports Iran and China spouting fake news that our country's military started the virus. Regardless of if you like Trump or not it is disgusting. Maybe try learning some nuance here? People can not like the president, but also not support taking sides with foreign adversaries just to spite him.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-03-25 at 12:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    lol what part of Texas? All the areas with good economies, and with a large amount of people, are heavily affected by this. Opening up some little podac county isn't gonna do squat for the economy. Opening up the cities is just aksing for another NYC, and I know for certain none of the major ones will give a shit what Trump says.

Trump can fuck off.
    Are you saying Lubbock isn't a world leading economic center???

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Are you saying Lubbock isn't a world leading economic center???
    I'll have you know they are the leading exporter of dust storms!

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it adorable you would take the sides of dictators and foreign adversaries
    *LOUD ANNOYING BUZZER*

Never took their side. I even called them trolls. You saw me do it.

What you said is objectively false. You are lying.

Trump started calling it the china virus after China accused the US of creating it in a lab.
    *LOUD ANNOYING BUZZER*

Pompeo was calling it the "Wuhan virus" as early as March 7. It's hailed as new language.

The Chinese government floated the "US created it in a lab" conspiracy theory 5 days later.

What you said is objectively false. You are lying.

- - - Updated - - -

I replied to the person that supports Iran and China spouting fake news
    *LOUD ANNOYING BUZZER*

You said I support Iran and China. I did no such thing. What you said is objectively false. You are lying.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post

Hell, it might even get the November election canceled altogether.
    Canceling an election doesn't matter, constitutionally. His term expires in the 3rd week of January, 2021. If there has been no elected President in that time, it triggers a real, actual, honest to goodness Constitutional crisis. And there are two possibilities to come out from that: the next person in the line of succession becomes President, which would be Nancy Pelosi. Or, the House elects a President. It's been awhile since I took Con Law, but I think the latter applies. And the Democratic-Controlled House could literally elect anyone to the Presidency. Neither of these results are anything Trump wants.

He can't cancel House elections, the states are too organized with their mail-in, absentee vote procedures (well, at least Blue states are). So there will be a House sitting in January 2021.

And if he tries to cancel all elections, and hold on to power.........well then, time to depose the tyrant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    Weird thing if he cancelled the elections we would wind up with president layhe. If there was no election all the house of reps would wind up being empty because their terms are up as would the president and vice president. Going down the line given the GOP has more seats open in senate than democrats very likely the senior member of the democrats senators would get it and I think that's layhe.
    House elections are run by states, he can't cancel those, a state would have to. And many blue states are well-equipped to run mail-in elections. Even if your hypothetical situation happened, I don't believe it's the most senior Majority member, I think it's based on party leadership - so Chuck Schumer would be President.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Canceling an election doesn't matter, constitutionally. His term expires in the 3rd week of January, 2021. If there has been no elected President in that time, it triggers a real, actual, honest to goodness Constitutional crisis. And there are two possibilities to come out from that: the next person in the line of succession becomes President, which would be Nancy Pelosi. Or, the House elects a President. It's been awhile since I took Con Law, but I think the latter applies. And the Democratic-Controlled House could literally elect anyone to the Presidency. Neither of these results are anything Trump wants.

He can't cancel House elections, the states are too organized with their mail-in, absentee vote procedures (well, at least Blue states are). So there will be a House sitting in January 2021.

And if he tries to cancel all elections, and hold on to power.........well then, time to depose the tyrant.
    The house really can't, because if federal elections aren't held, all their members leave office at the same time as the President. 2/3s of the Senate would still be in their term off office, and I am not sure who the majority party would be if all Senators who were up for reelection in 2020 left office without a replacement. So whoever those remaining 65 or so senators are, those would be the ones that would have to figure out what happens next.

It would be a very messy situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Yup. And I'm not necessarily saying we need to restart in 15 days, or 30, or whatever. But eventually we DO. A lockdown plan is no plan at all.
    Yeah.....eventually we do, and it's called when the virus is more or less under control. See, if we restart too soon there's a chance it kicks back in and even mutates, but you don't seem to understand that. No one is saying we stop for 10 years, just long enough so less people die. Crazy, I know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    Oh come on, both sides are. Most democrats want a full lockdown. Martial law so no one dies and the government will take care of you. That wont work either. Both sides are so extreme and the democrats cant take the blame for the way they acted causing Trumps supporters to elect him. They have as much blame for this as republicans.
    And if that is needed, if only for a little while, then yeah it's probably a good thing. Better than Republicans willing to sacrifice people to the great market, but looks like you have no problem with people dying if you're willing to shoot a banker.

I do love your "both sides are bad, but let me pinpoint one specific party" it really shows how disingenuous you are.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Most democrats want a full lockdown. Martial law so no one dies and the government will take care of you.
    Um...who, exactly, has asked for martial law? I could use a citation. I must have missed that.

It's not up to the federal government to hold the election, it's the secretary of state of each state that's responsible for each election, Trump couldn't postpone or whatever even if he wanted to. The secretary of state at that point has even more power in that regard then even the Governors do. I mean if Trump loving secretary of states want to postpone the elections well go ahead, because blue state secretary of states will hold theirs, and Republicans will have no power then. It's not gonna happen. There is gonna be an election regardless of whatever Republicans may want.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Um...who, exactly, has asked for martial law? I could use a citation. I must have missed that.
    That is the thing though, he probably can't cite anyone saying that, except some right wing fucktard on AM radio.

Honestly no my grandparents have said this to me. They have DNRs as it is and they know they are in their 80s and they don't have much time left but I do. They are very blunt people. They have already said if they get this they are refusing care because it will be better used on someone with more life to live.
    Then they should say the same thing about cancer or any number of issues. Also, I'm calling bullshit, just like your humble brag shooting at 300 yards perfection in your 2000 acre woods where you can hunt forever and provide for your family.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866