Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    Yes, yes they absoluetly are. It's called common sense.

Should this be able to happen? No Will I get punished if I exploit this? Yes

Simple math really.
    In this case is simple math, i agree.

But i always wanted to "exploit" a high density mob zone and vendor all the trash with realm hop...
    Always had this idea in the back of my mind.
    Hope to not get banned if i ever manage to find such mystical place

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Perma ban seems a touch extreme.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    But i always wanted to "exploit" a high density mob zone and vendor all the trash with realm hop...
    Hey, it's your toon. If you're into Russian roulette, go for it.

Just don't make a novel of a forum post afterwards about how unfair it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Perma ban seems a touch extreme.
    I agree. I think the ban should last exactly as long as it would have to reach their cloak level bonus naturally.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    LOL @ "Expand your mind" Yeah, cause translating inaccurate accounts require an expanded mind.

Figured you were just another in a long line of people that misrepresent blizzards actions. Post accurately in the future.
    No, they did Ban people to exploiting Layering for Farming, if you refuse to except it, no skin off my teeth if you want to disbelieve facts.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    No, they did Ban people to exploiting Layering for Farming, if you refuse to except it, no skin off my teeth if you want to disbelieve facts.
    The situation you first mentioned and the actual situation are significantly different. If you refuse to acknowledge that, or maybe are just unable to understand the differences.... well, that's on you. Some of us, when seeing bullshit, call it out. Deal with it.

...nvm, you are dealing with it: by ignoring your mistake and getting defensive.

1..2..3..people claiming that it's not obvious this is an exploit are coming

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    The situation you first mentioned and the actual situation are significantly different. If you refuse to acknowledge that, or maybe are just unable to understand the differences.... well, that's on you. Some of us, when seeing bullshit, call it out. Deal with it.

...nvm, you are dealing with it: by ignoring your mistake and getting defensive.
    it was an example of the same thing that the person, Shadoowpunk, brought up as his own example. Legitimately the same thing except change "grind mobs" to "Farm Black Lotus". Both used swapping the current world server you were on to gain an advantage in farming. You seem to just be a person who likes to argue for the sake of Arguing. I'm done here with you.

7+ Year Old Account
    it was an example of the same thing that the person, Shadoowpunk, brought up as his own example. Legitimately the same thing except change "grind mobs" to "Farm Black Lotus". Both used swapping the current world server you were on to gain an advantage in farming. You seem to just be a person who likes to argue for the sake of Arguing.
    No, it's not the same thing, its far from the same thing. Banning for shard hoping for herbing and banning for exploiting layer mechanics to skip a boss are two TOTALLY different things. You tried to make up an example to question Blizzard's integrity when banning people. You were called out for it.

I'm done here with you.
    Should have done that from the start when you did a google search and realized you were wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    1..2..3..people claiming that it's not obvious this is an exploit are coming
    Was Twink abuse for level boost selling and gold making in Freehold an "exploit"?
    Looks like an hell of an exploit to me...how am i supposed to do the "math" there myself?

Blizzard ended up just nerfing it to the ground entire youtube channels are now dead because of it

There is a big difference from obviously it being a broken/overpowered mechanic AND if its justified to ban people over it.
    I dont understand the logic of banning people over a Blizzards mistake.
    Are people supposed to do the math themselves and figure out "this is overpowered and blizzard messed up"?
    If you need math, to see that doing this is wrong YOU are clearly part of the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Was Twink abuse for level boost selling and gold making in Freehold an "exploit"?
    Looks like an hell of an exploit to me...how am i supposed to do the "math" there myself?
    yep YOU are CLEARLY the problem if you dont understand simple terms like "exploit", "wrong", etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Telomir View Post
    Apparently you can trade Malefic Cores to others in the same vision as you - People are getting temporarily or permanently banned for this based on previoujs infractions.. if you are attempted to do this, DON'T.
    So what you are saying someone who has history of exploiting, exploited again and got perma banned?

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    If you need math, to see that doing this is wrong YOU are clearly part of the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

yep YOU are CLEARLY the problem if you dont understand simple terms like "exploit", "wrong", etc...
    Removing all gear and keep only azerite pieces with certain traits to..."abuse" some weird scaling bug that made you do insane damage in battlegrounds and pvp.

Exploit?

15+ Year Old Account
    In this case is simple math, i agree.

If at any point, you feel yourself compelled to do such -difficult- math... where you're only supposed to get one item a week.

And somehow find yourself with more than one.

And you're ok with it.

You deserve every second of the ban that's incoming.

Don't be so unnecessarily dense.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    If at any point, you feel yourself compelled to do such -difficult- math... where you're only supposed to get one item a week.

And somehow find yourself with more than one.

And you're ok with it.

You deserve every second of the ban that's incoming.

Don't be so unnecessarily dense.
    Did you read my first sentence of the post you quoted?
    edit: nice seeing you again around this part of the woods Malvonos
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2020-03-25 at 01:08 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Did you read my first sentence of the post you quoted?
    edit: nice seeing you again around this part of the woods Malvonos
    I've been around 10+ years and haven't had accounts banned for whatever reason (though I can assume as much).

The fact remains, most exploits are pretty damn simple. Yet people do them. If there's ever a situation where you have that 'inkling' that what you're doing is wrong, it's fucking wrong, period. You can't claim ignorance. And the other example you gave is just as bad, if not worse, because of the hoops you have to go through to get it to function.

Again. Stop being dense, it's a problematic issue you've had as long as i've had the displeasure of reading your posts.

I've been around 10+ years and haven't had accounts banned for whatever reason (though I can assume as much).

The fact remains, most exploits are pretty damn simple. Yet people do them. If there's ever a situation where you have that 'inkling' that what you're doing is wrong, it's fucking wrong, period. You can't claim ignorance. And the other example you gave is just as bad, if not worse, because of the hoops you have to go through to get it to function.

Again. Stop being dense, it's a problematic issue you've had as long as i've had the displeasure of reading your posts.
    This is just my opinion.
    If Blizzard programmed their game "wrong" is their fault.

This is a videogame and not sacred grounds like real life.

Instead of banning why not simply remove the things they gained?

The other example i gave actually happened...in Beta...so well never know what would happen if it went live.
    Beta was unplayable because of the known bug of "naked pvp".

15+ Year Old Account
    This is just my opinion.

The other example i gave actually happened...in Beta...so well never know what would happen if it went live.
    Because there's personal accountability.

Video games have errors, they aren't perfect.

Real life's laws have errors, they aren't perfect.

You take advantage of a situation in reality, for example, people hoarding toilet paper, buying as much as they can, maxing credit cards, etc, in an effort to make money during a national crisis. You're gonna get hit with a lot of shit.

People will claim ignorance -- too bad they can't. Don't be a fucking douchebag and you won't get in trouble. It's really not a hard concept.

Because there's personal accountability.

Video games have errors, they aren't perfect.

Real life's laws have errors, they aren't perfect.

You take advantage of a situation in reality, for example, people hoarding toilet paper, buying as much as they can, maxing credit cards, etc, in an effort to make money during a national crisis. You're gonna get hit with a lot of shit.

People will claim ignorance -- too bad they can't. Don't be a fucking douchebag and you won't get in trouble. It's really not a hard concept.
    Its a videogame...not real life.

Am I going to blame every single boomkin on BETA abusing the naked bug to be GODS among men and making the game unplayable for everyone else?
    Nope

Im going to blame Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is just my opinion.

Because the ones who exploited are morally repugnant and the owner can enforce their ground rules by punishing to discourage unwanted behavior. Some people's moral development is delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Because the ones who exploited are morally repugnant and the owner can enforce their ground rules by punishing to discourage unwanted behavior. Some people's moral development is delayed.
    If any other player was harmed or robbed of his money or loot...i would call them morally repugnant
    In this case?
    Just grown ass mans being kids in a videogame. What is the problem?