Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Even one of those cores is pretty major. Hopefully they get a nice progress reset.

It has always been this way. Rule of thumb: when in doubt, don't do it.

Ensidia tried to pretend with Saronite Bombs once.

Since it is a day1 issue and clearly a mistake made by Blizzard i would consider a simple reset fairer than a ban. Think about it: Removing ALL of the additional CR people gained (15) would put them one week behind and they would have to gain 2 next week - which is possible but still a punishment.

Getting banned for it seems disproportionate for me.

Somebody else posted about how people "abused" Azerite+Legendaries on 110-112 characters for WEEKS to gain advantages in PvP + Boosting that were, in my oppinion, FAR greater than 12 CR you are not supposed to have until 4 weeks from now. Did anybody get banned over it? Nope.

Think about about it: Somebody abuses the gearing system in a way that allows them to basically one-shot content that is intended for far higher character+gear levels, not only gains the profits from doing so but even SELLS these gains as boosts to other players - gets no punishment whatsoever and does not get fixed for WEEKS. But trading in an additional 12 CR warrants a ban....? Yeah, ok.

Another example: In the BFA prepatch you could still get a LOT of honor-points for the Legion WQs. If you ran those Quests after the system-change with many characters you could easily cap out the system. You were able to get gains that now take many weeks in days, putting in only minutes of actual play-time. Was that intended? Probably not - but people were still allowed to keep those HUNDREDS of honor-levels; only people abusing the Warmode-Suicide-Trade-Raids got a rollback/ban, the people that abused the WQs did not - and they gained an advantage over other players that was far, far, FAR greater than 4 weeks.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2020-03-25 at 02:18 AM.

The Terms of Service clearly states that using errors and mishaps in the game to your own advantage will met in a punishment blizzard seems fit. There not more to say to that specific issue.

It is however a stupid oversight that shouldn't have happened though.

The best course of action is to report a detailed reconstruction of the glitch and report it. In most cases they will undo it with a notification from a game master and you are free to go.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    LOL @ "Expand your mind" Yeah, cause translating inaccurate accounts require an expanded mind.

Figured you were just another in a long line of people that misrepresent blizzards actions. Post accurately in the future.
    There were bans on retail for people exploiting phasing in Warlords to loot the 100g chests in Pandaria over and over again.

Then again in Legion in Suramar, with the repeatable world quests.

People knew it was wrong, got a short suspension for it, and didn't lose any player power. Temp banning someone for 14 days for stacking 5 malefic cores is still going to have that person at an advantage- assuming no previous infractions.
    Last edited by Mercane; 2020-03-25 at 02:20 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercane View Post
    There were bans on retail for people exploiting phasing in Warlords to loot the 100g chests in Pandaria over and over again.

Then again in Legion in Suramar, with the repeatable world quests.

People knew it was wrong, got a short suspension for it, and didn't lose any player power. Temp banning someone for 14 days for stacking 5 malefic cores is still going to have that person at an advantage- assuming no previous infractions.
    Maybe quoted the wrong person. Don't see what your comments have to do with my response to a different poster.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    If any other player was harmed or robbed of his money or loot...i would call them morally repugnant
    In this case?
    Just grown ass mans being kids in a videogame. What is the problem?
    Its this shit, this lack of common sense and intelligence that had me put you on ignore the first time.

And here we go again, until this account gets banned and you make Shaadoowpunk. And then Shaadoowpuunk.

You're not even offering logical debate or discourse, you're just rehashing the same shit that so many people, who have been banned, cried and spewed, despite using bots, cheats and hacks (in a plethora of games, not just wow). You cannot see or fathom how breaking the rules, which YOU SIGN when you make your account and log in each and every day (The (T)erms (O)f (S)ervice).

Last time I respond to you. Last time anyone should respond to this either clear trolling or willful ignorance, I'm unsure which is worse.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Was Twink abuse for level boost selling and gold making in Freehold an "exploit"?
    Looks like an hell of an exploit to me...how am i supposed to do the "math" there myself?

Blizzard ended up just nerfing it to the ground entire youtube channels are now dead because of it
    The current situation is different

Can you do this outside of visions where you get the rewards??? No

Does that make this unintended?? Yes

7+ Year Old Account
    Just looted my first one tonight: binds when picked up.

That is straight up confusing!

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Just looted my first one tonight: binds when picked up.

That is straight up confusing!
    dang, i was making golds off by trading it. That's a fast fix

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    The current situation is different

Can you do this outside of visions where you get the rewards??? No

Does that make this unintended?? Yes
    There's literally no way to find that out though because this is the first week. A data point of n=1 is not large enough to determine if something is an exploit. That's the problem.

I don't understand why people attack innocent players. If it's in the game, it's game mechanics. Players are praised on clever usage of game mechanics. If it's unintended, it's Blizzard's job to fix it, not punish players for playing the game that was given to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Its this shit, this lack of common sense and intelligence that had me put you on ignore the first time.

And here we go again, until this account gets banned and you make Shaadoowpunk. And then Shaadoowpuunk.

You're not even offering logical debate or discourse, you're just rehashing the same shit that so many people, who have been banned, cried and spewed, despite using bots, cheats and hacks (in a plethora of games, not just wow). You cannot see or fathom how breaking the rules, which YOU SIGN when you make your account and log in each and every day (The (T)erms (O)f (S)ervice).

Last time I respond to you. Last time anyone should respond to this either clear trolling or willful ignorance, I'm unsure which is worse.
    You said absolutely nothing in this post...just a mesh of calling me names and accusations. Just weird...

The race is over, lfr is all out and the expansion is done. Why give any F’s over this ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    There's literally no way to find that out though because this is the first week. A data point of n=1 is not large enough to determine if something is an exploit. That's the problem.

I don't understand why people attack innocent players. If it's in the game, it's game mechanics. Players are praised on clever usage of game mechanics. If it's unintended, it's Blizzard's job to fix it, not punish players for playing the game that was given to them.
    The item is sold down I am pretty sure that means you can’t fucking trade it

Punish the idiots because it’s not like this happens out of nowhere you have to go out of your way to do this

You have to be prepared to pass your power game over to another player which is not any kind of behavior that blizzard would see coming considering this entire expansion has had systems designed around people being greedy little shit

People exploited they got the ban hammer the link is determined by blizzard if they got a permanent ban chances are this isn’t the first time they did something like this if they got a more lenient van chances are this is the first time they did it and they likely didn’t know it was an exploit

What's so hard about removing the benefit from the users cloak, sending them an automated mail explaining their cloak has been "downgraded" and sending the core back via postmaster to the original person as a "lost currency"...

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    The race is over, lfr is all out and the expansion is done. Why give any F’s over this ?
    Spoken like someone I bet has not even cleared the mythic raid on his own yet.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    Yes, yes they absoluetly are. It's called common sense.
    Where do you think common sense comes into play here? If an item is tradeable, one wouldnt expect catastrophic consequences for trading it.
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2020-03-25 at 04:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    I think the most amusing thing about this to me is that there was no need for this convoluted system to begin with.

I'm sorry, but people need to stop being Blizz apologists. This was an obvious use case to check for, and Blizz blew it due to lazy programming and even lazier testing.

And I call BS on "people should know this is unintended", and therefore they shouldn't be doing this. There are all kinds of unintended functions in the game, and Blizz ignores plenty of them. We can't read their minds, and they need to start stepping up by communicating more often and much more clearly.
    They did. They said you can earn one a week. Two if you are catching up. How silly do you feel now?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chorx View Post
    What's so hard about removing the benefit from the users cloak, sending them an automated mail explaining their cloak has been "downgraded" and sending the core back via postmaster to the original person as a "lost currency"...
    Because a ban is appropiate for exploiting the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Where do you think common sense comes into play here? If an item is tradeable, one wouldnt expect catastrophic consequences for trading it.
    Blizzard doesn't usually give out catastrophic consequences for people who stumble upon something and do it once or twice by accident.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Because the ones who exploited are morally repugnant and the owner can enforce their ground rules by punishing to discourage unwanted behavior. Some people's moral development is delayed.
    You need to calm down. A ban is appropiate. What you are saying is going way beyond what is needed. It's just a video game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro