Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kek280 View Post
    Spoken like someone I bet has not even cleared the mythic raid on his own yet.
    Done something much harder, completed all bosses in lfr!
    What’s the worse thing to happen with people having more resistance on their cloak?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    In this case is simple math, i agree.

But i always wanted to "exploit" a high density mob zone and vendor all the trash with realm hop...
    Always had this idea in the back of my mind.
    Hope to not get banned if i ever manage to find such mystical place
    They generally dont do anything for that. There was one recently in pandaria which with a mining brewmaster monk was crazy (endless streams of quillen coming in). this one just got fixed, and normally thats all that happens. You are still playing and not doing anything to get around normal systems of play. If you had to glitch out a mob etc to force constant lootable spawns that would be different, but just rapid respawns etc is normal. Id advise to use it quickly as they regularly get swamped with players and then fixed in a short amount of time.

What an embarrassment Blizzard is these days. How can they miss something like this if it wasn't intended? Don't know whether to laugh or cry.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Where do you think common sense comes into play here? If an item is tradeable, one wouldnt expect catastrophic consequences for trading it.
    Sure, keep using that logic. See how far it gets you with Blizz when your account is banned.
    Here is something to believe in!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludvig View Post
    What an embarrassment Blizzard is these days. How can they miss something like this if it wasn't intended? Don't know whether to laugh or cry.
    Do you honestly believe that Blizzard has never missed things, or had bugs, prior to "these days"? Unintended things happen all the time. It is hard to make an argument that it is intended that groups can funnel all cores to one person (depriving them of cores for that week).
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Do you honestly believe that Blizzard has never missed things, or had bugs, prior to "these days"? Unintended things happen all the time. It is hard to make an argument that it is intended that groups can funnel all cores to one person (depriving them of cores for that week).
    Split raiding was a thing until BfA, and it's the same principle. Funneling stuff from alts to mains. Except Blizzard didn't ban people for doing so for more than a decade.

So how exactly did the exploit work? Were the cores just tradeable? Applied via the enchant-trade function? Or did you have to do a weird dance and rigmarole for it to work?

Either way, another display of Blizzard's poor coding and testing practises.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by monkaTOS View Post
    It's not "these days". Bugs are pretty normal in (any) software development and have always been part of WoW. Every raid tier ever released has had bunch of lulzy bugs they've had to fix as people progress.

- - - Updated - - -

Funny you should mention raids. Because no one has ever been banned for exploiting raid bugs.
    Oh wait.
    It wasn't a bug, it obviously was just unintended and an oversight. A bug is something completely different. And no, nobody ever got banned for split raiding as far as I can recall.

It wasn't a bug, it obviously was just unintended and an oversight. A bug is something completely different. And no, nobody ever got banned for split raiding as far as I can recall.
    Wasn't there bans in Dragon Soul for bugging the system to funnel tier pieces?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    Sure, keep using that logic. See how far it gets you with Blizz when your account is banned.
    Cant answer the question?

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Ok interesting ... so the cap is what can be earned (as far as cores) and not what can be applied. Would not have guessed that. Pretty dumb though since a simple db query would list the obvious exploiters.
    No one said it was hard to figure out. In fact in this case it is super easy. All they have to do is look for anyone who is Rank 15 + 2 or higher or anyone who has more than 53 corruption resistance on their cloak since that is the current cap. It'll be really easy for Blizzard to figure out who abused it. The part that is probably trickier is figuring out who traded it to them depending on how their code is. Which in this case again they can probably do a simple search of something like "If you trade it then bam"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    This is just my opinion.
    If Blizzard programmed their game "wrong" is their fault.

This is a videogame and not sacred grounds like real life.

Instead of banning why not simply remove the things they gained?

The other example i gave actually happened...in Beta...so well never know what would happen if it went live.
    Beta was unplayable because of the known bug of "naked pvp".
    In this context, your opinion means nothing. It is Blizzards opinion that matters, and they do not agree with you at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cant answer the question?
    More like choosing not to engage in discussion with someone about a topic that has been asked/answered multiple times in this thread already.

If you personally cannot tell why it is common sense, then...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    In this context, your opinion means nothing. It is Blizzards opinion that matters, and they do not agree with you at all.
    Also, this.

Also, this.
    Its kinda like saying, "in my opinion, speeding should be legal!" well thats all fine and well, but you still getting a ticket, because you are NOT the authority.

They missed it because they've got too many ridiculous systems to keep track of.

More like choosing not to engage in discussion with someone about a topic that has been asked/answered multiple times in this thread already.
    No, my man, you didnt answer it. You coped out by saying it should be "common sense" that one could be suspended for trading a tradeable item. Im just asking for clarification, because it seems to me that getting suspended for trading a tradeable item isnt congruent with your common sense argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Its kinda like saying, "in my opinion, speeding should be legal!" well thats all fine and well, but you still getting a ticket, because you are NOT the authority.
    Is it? It seems more like going the speed limit and getting a fine anyways.

Is it? It seems more like going the speed limit and getting a fine anyways.
    I expected this response, and no, it's really not. Not knowing the speed limit of a stretch of road is NOT an excuse for speeding. It is your responsibility to understand the rules and laws, and if you are unsure, to use common sense.

Anyone claiming ignorance just sounds like a tosser doing 100km/h in town and saying "well shit officer, it's not MY fault I didn't know the speed limit. Sure, all other residential streets are 50km/h, but, you didn't make it clear enough that this residential street is like all the other residential streets".

I expected this response, and no, it's really not. Not knowing the speed limit of a stretch of road is NOT an excuse for speeding. It is your responsibility to understand the rules and laws, and if you are unsure, to use common sense.

Anyone claiming ignorance just sounds like a tosser doing 100km/h in town and saying "well shit officer, it's not MY fault I didn't know the speed limit. Sure, all other residential streets are 50km/h, but, you didn't make it clear enough that this residential street is like all the other residential streets".
    Speed limits are posted. There is no guess work. You can claim ignorance of the law, but its not a defense. Where would one find the rules pertaining to this misdeed in WoW? Is there a section in the ToS about trading tradeble items? You see how your analogy doesnt hold up? I can find the law that says what breaking the speed limit means. Can you point to any part in the ToS that says trading tradeble items in WoW is a suspendable offence? It seems to me, that based on history, trading tradeable items has been fairly consistent as non-punishble and well within the game rules.
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2020-03-25 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glazey View Post
    Wasn't there bans in Dragon Soul for bugging the system to funnel tier pieces?
    The bug was that you could roll Need on any item that dropped in the LFR, even if you were already saved. If you won the roll, you could then trade the item. When the LFR first launched the idea of personal loot as we know it today didn't exist. Instead it would just drop gear and the entire raid could roll Need if they needed it. Paragon (and a few other guilds) used this to their advantage by using alts to roll need on Tier pieces to funnel to their mains. This resulted in a pretty extensive ban that was likely one of the main reasons an Asian guild won the WF race that tier.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, my man, you didnt answer it. You coped out by saying it should be "common sense" that one could be suspended for trading a tradeable item. Im just asking for clarification, because it seems to me that getting suspended for trading a tradeable item isnt congruent with your common sense argument.
    Look, it's not my job to convince you of anything. You have your opinion, and I'm fine with that.

Go pick on one of the 100 other people in this thread that have the same opinion as me.

Oh wait, I see you already did. Not going so well for you is it.