Page 60 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yes i enjoy. Was bit mandatory but now lvl 15 cloak and can play with the masks....that will make it more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Then there is hope for us who might never get far past ilv 450.

Yeah...Split personality isn't so bad for now. I just hate SW with a passion. Walked through the mage quarter on my Alliance low lv alt but for the hell of it I cannot make sense of that place. Which will be a problem on a 5 mask run. And while I have Thrall figured out, Alleria is just a mess with all the abilities from the 4 other bosses. Is there ever a moment where I don't have to look away or run away because the is shit around her? As a melee I eventually just stood there and took some of the shit in the face so I could at least interrupt the polymorph.

That fight and mage quarter I definitely need to learn much much more about.

- - - Updated - - -

How so? One heals you, one adds defence, one lets you breathe fire (does that have a negative effect?) yeah...one is indeed poison.

EDIT: Okay, they do a negative effect on expiring that I haven't noticed badly yet...could be worse on a tight run. In which case...yeah...only sanity potion.
    Stormwind isn't really as bad as people say. The only nasty part is trade district what with the stealthed guys with their slowing poison, the debuff that makes you take more shadow damage, and... of course, lots of shadow damage. I had my health bungee jumping back and forth all over in that place. I do have a few tips for Alleria. It's hard to do, but you can kick the bombs she throws down like you do the first boss in Motherlode. Wail on her, position yourself so you're facing the eyes, and most importantly. Use the pillars. Make HER come to you. Use the pillars so you can dps her without getting the eye. Use the pillars to make her come to you. Heck, when I was doing it I'd go from the left side of the room to the right back and forth to make her keep coming to me. Each time she ran to the middle and did a special like the chains or the boom I'd just sit behind the pillar, let her come to me. If she did the arrow barrage while running back, move to the next pillar over.

As for mage quarter, here's how I do it. Enter, turn right. Go all the way around the right side edge till you get to the warlock. Kill him. Keep going counterclockwise until you get to the center area again. There's portal 2 right in front of you. Keep hugging right, portal 3. Then the miniboss. Now you're in the middle area. You'll see one house north of you and one northwest. Each one is just like a tunnel. Go through, you'll see a portal guy. Turn around, back to middle, go into other one. Little shameful secret. I wiped on Alleria the first time trying my first full clear cause I had no idea how to find Umbric. I ran up the tower, saw the little greenish portal thing, didn't see anything I could click so I ran out, wondering if maybe the tower extended down like Kara and that's where he was.

As for the other potions, if they expire they do bad stuff. The fire one sets you on fire running quite fast and you can get in trouble. That's why my practice with the potions is all or nothing. Each one lasts longer than the one before it. One is 5 min, second adds 15min, third adds like 30. So if you want the buff potions drink at least a couple so they don't expire on you in a bad time. Or keep an eye on them and click them off yourself in a controlled way before you fight.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

How so? One heals you, one adds defence, one lets you breathe fire (does that have a negative effect?) yeah...one is indeed poison.

EDIT: Okay, they do a negative effect on expiring that I haven't noticed badly yet...could be worse on a tight run. In which case...yeah...only sanity potion.
    That is not only it, you also waste time clicking on them. But essentially yes, when they expire they have similar effects to stun/disorient/fear. They are just not worth the small gain.

BUT clicking on a target dummy NPC gives you dmg buff and killing mob in bank gives you crit buff. Quite significant without drawbacks.

By the way, visions are giving you 470 for 5 mask run and 465 for 4 mask run, and you don't have to really not use orbs like I did. It was just a challenge I set myself: Madder world. Maybe I will also try doing "Maddest world" by also not using sanity restoring flasks. Should be possible.

Mage quarter - you cheese it with toys or azerite guardian. It takes quite some tries but satisfaction is worth it (or you can just do it with hunter if you want ez mode).

Lets top this a bit notch and have some community challenge shall we?

Maddest world
    1. No buffs whatsoever
    2. No flasks
    3. No sanity restoration from potions/food
    4. No mob skipping
    5. 5 masks
    6. Solo
    7. No orb usage
    8. No cheat death proc

Obviously both visions and you must record them
    Last edited by kaminaris; 2020-03-23 at 09:02 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am sure instead of mage quarter there must be a way to make...say...the harbour a lost area.
    I'd rather not. Seeing how bad rest of Stormwind is, it would probably be underwater level, with Blackwater Behemoth as the final boss.

I also feel the 'side' elixirs (not the bad one, not the sanity restore) are kinda more trouble than they are worth with the time spent clicking them and the chance of the negative effect when it falls off might impacting you. They're definitely not needed to make it on time whereas the sanity restore elixirs can make a run a lot more relaxed in terms of time. Overall I'm quite surprised to see the hatred for Stormwind though, I honestly don't mind it that much. I feel like Shaw is super easy if you play it defensively and take your time (so just run away when he vanishes, let him come to you, dont worry about not being able to hit him constantly as long as you get a few windows of dps in) and Umbric feels like a free kill especially without lead foot (interrupt the sheeps, pull him with an orb and his first arcane missiles wont drain your sanity, the rest of them will drain but it wont be that much). For me only Alleria is annoying which I guess is a big deal considering she is the last one.

After doing enough of them...i think they are fine once you fully cleared them, after that, their value declines.

Especially once you attempt going with higher mask runs, it gets more difficult but a lot of that difficulty comes from extremely annoying effects, the Images Affixes + Fear are a nightmare in certain areas in Stormwind, it just randomnly piles mechanics on you to deal with, where you end up cc'd, only to land in another CC and so forth.

Also, in order to fully upgrad your cloak, you need like 20+ visions, which really makes them wear out rather quickly, coupled with the fact that you have to do the assaults to get the vessels in the first place.

I mean, c'mon, getting a quest dropped onto you that essentially reads "repeat that content at least four times" isn't exactly fun.
    Like, i'm fine with doing it once on my main, but it's just another wall to play alts in my opinion.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Overall I'm quite surprised to see the hatred for Stormwind though, I honestly don't mind it that much. I feel like Shaw is super easy if you play it defensively and take your time (so just run away when he vanishes, let him come to you, dont worry about not being able to hit him constantly as long as you get a few windows of dps in) and Umbric feels like a free kill especially without lead foot (interrupt the sheeps, pull him with an orb and his first arcane missiles wont drain your sanity, the rest of them will drain but it wont be that much). For me only Alleria is annoying which I guess is a big deal considering she is the last one.
    Just compare the same things between the two places.

1. Alleria guards needed to be nerfed and are still far more annoying than Thrall's. Damage reduction, teleport, stun versus one cast of fear.
    2. Clickable objectives are spread throughout the entire zone instead of being in a straight line. Hell, it's entirely possible to "miss" a cage, because they're so out of way.
    3. Stealthed mobs with nasty slow/haste debuff. Orgimmar has... what? Poison which stuns at 5 stacks, but comes from easily killable enemies.
    4. Two bosses with mechanics which make them take longer to kill. On some classes, Umbric is a massive pain during Leaden Feet. Compare with Rexxar - he can be challenging, but if you take your time with boars/time Gift procs, he goes down quickly.
    5. Lots of narrow passages that make it difficult to deal with Split Personality.
    6. Mobs with grip, which can combo with Split Personality rather nicely.

Orgimmar would need major buffs to compare. It only has Rexxar, but his zone is far easier than any of Stormwind ones - and that's not even including the skip, which bypasses almost everything. Bonus points for trivial trash mobs right next to the boss, so you can easily proc Gift and nuke him down - neither Umbric or Shaw have anything killable close to them.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Personally, I believe they designed Orgimmar first and then just copy/pasted all corruptions to Stormwind, without testing it properly.
    Gameplay wise I would agree, but lorewise SW Vision makes a lot more sense to be honest. Orgri is kind of random in that regard.

It only has Rexxar, but his zone is far easier than any of Stormwind ones - and that's not even including the skip, which bypasses almost everything.
    I think they fixed the skip. Last time Orgri was available, I did the skip on 4 masks during farm run and it instantly procced my cheat death halfway through (was at full sanity when I attempted that). Next time I'll do 4 masks first to see if it's still possible - wouldn't want to lose a vessel during 5 mask run because of that.

Yesterday I got my hunter to 120, played him a bit (nazj unlock, legendary, some WQ). Today I started to run visions with ilvl 400 - they are complete facerolls - and I don't want to say that I do more than needed for the start, but it's way easier than with my boomkin and shadow and this ilvl. I'm even able to wear above 100 corruption.
    I thought BDK is fun, but BM hunter is cool too

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    I think they fixed the skip. Last time Orgri was available, I did the skip on 4 masks during farm run and it instantly procced my cheat death halfway through (was at full sanity when I attempted that). Next time I'll do 4 masks first to see if it's still possible - wouldn't want to lose a vessel during 5 mask run because of that.
    Even if they did that, it's not like it matters. Without skip, you have 2 packs of easy mobs and one trivial elite, which will recover most of sanity you lose along the way. It's still way faster than any of Stormwind's Lost zones - and that's including time spent chilling in front of Rexxar, waiting for Gift cooldown.

Even if they did that, it's not like it matters. Without skip, you have 2 packs of easy mobs and one trivial elite, which will recover most of sanity you lose along the way. It's still way faster than any of Stormwind's Lost zones - and that's including time spent chilling in front of Rexxar, waiting for Gift cooldown.
    Definitely. It feels like each SW Lost area takes as long as two Org Lost areas combined. With Mage Quarter having multiple slow goo (or whatever that is) zones to slow you down, Old Town having multiple haste reduction poison mobs, it seems like SW Lost areas were made with the intention of them being super slow. There's nothing like that in both Org Lost areas.

Managed a 4-mask run in Org...SO much easier than Stormwind. I think when I eventually try the 5-mask run it will have to be in Org first just to build up some confidence. haha

No good corruptions, unfortunately, but after cleansing the 465 item (replacing a non-corruption item with a crappy corruption does not sit well with me) it raised my ilvl up to 457, so that's not too shabby.

For the Boss in The Drag, it seems like the shield ability he uses is overtuned. I was doing a easy 3 mask run warm up for corrupted gear, didn't even have to use a single orb, but even I can't get that shield down before the cast goes off. Same deal with Thrall when he uses it. Now I have to search for a convenient object nearby I can use to LoS the cast. Which could have easily been the tree stump if Blizzard was at all consistent with objects actually counting as LoS.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    For the Boss in The Drag, it seems like the shield ability he uses is overtuned. I was doing a easy 3 mask run warm up for corrupted gear, didn't even have to use a single orb, but even I can't get that shield down before the cast goes off. Same deal with Thrall when he uses it. Now I have to search for a convenient object nearby I can use to LoS the cast. Which could have easily been the tree stump if Blizzard was at all consistent with objects actually counting as LoS.
    just stand there. it doesn't do enough damage/sanity damage to really matter; you can 5mask org without using a single orb and take the shield explosions to the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    That tree stump still seems to keep his missile attack from hitting me--for no reason I can fathom. I see the graphic of the attack still going through the stump on the edges, but not in the center where I stand. I haven't been hit once from it since the first time I ran that area. Still not sure if it's a bug or working as intended.

The attack he does while shielded never seems to do much damage to me at all, even on 4 masks.

Just went through Orgrimmar 5 mask without any orbs or the 500 sanity cheat death needed (even after letting Thrall stun me twice), lol. This is actually quite sad.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2020-03-25 at 07:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually im pretty bored on vissions nothin interesing in here and BfA in general. Nlotha starts to be boring AF. Alting is screwed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Just went through Orgrimmar 5 mask without any orbs or the 500 sanity cheat death needed (even after letting Thrall stun me twice), lol. This is actually quite sad.
    wow it's so "sad" that content that come out 2 months ago and has been gradually nerfed is kind of easy now

Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    wow it's so "sad" that content that come out 2 months ago and has been gradually nerfed is kind of easy now
    If that content is supposed to be the hardest solo challenge this game has currently to offer, with exclusive title and mount rewards tied to it, yeah, it kinda is.